Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #21

Proper procedure is paramount. Below is what we do and have not had anymore problems since;

Hint: we put 2-4 of the orange Lynx leveling blocks underneath each of the back levelers, again depending on how the left to right slope is, more for an extra pad on soft ground. This also gives you less travel for the back jacks to extend.

Disconnect From Tow Vehicle

1. Lower drop legs to number 2 hole.

2. Switch ON.

3. Push Extend All and Front. Front legs will make contact with ground and stop.

4. Push Extend and front to lift off kingpin. Then move tow vehicle.

5. Push Extend ALL Rear ONCE. Rear jacks will extend and shut off after making contact with ground or Lynx blocks.

6. Push Auto ONCE and trailer will auto-level.

7. Switch OFF.

Connect to Tow Vehicle

1. Switch On

2. Push Retract ALL and REAR at same time. (rear jacks will retract completely).

3. Push Extend and Front or Retract and front to position king pin to tow vehicle.

4. Back tow vehicle in place and push Retract and front to settle trailer on truck.

5. Push Retract ALL and Front to raise legs completely for travel. Manually raise drop legs to highest stored hole to complete process.

NOTE: Do NOT push Retract ALL and Front unless trailer is supported bt king pin.

6. Switch OFF.

We found this works well after some trial and error so it may be an operator getting familiar on the best way to do the auto levelers.

With that we we would not be without them...no carrying and running up on boards.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Whenever the subject of these levelers comes up there are some that have hit on the magic formula for making them work. Would I be out of line if I suggested that any product that is that finicky is not ready for prime time?
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #23

We have the Atwood system on 2013 Pinnacle. Knock on wood, the system has worked without any problems so far. Have used it approx a dozen times without incident. There is a you tube video that may be helpful with the operation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ec4SJJZzQ8Q

Fred
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #24

The Atwood "Levelegs with Sensor Technology" are crap, plain and simple. I have a 2013 38FLFS bought new May 2013 and have had nothing but problems and I am following both the written instructions and the ambiguous verbal instructions from the Atwood techs to a tee. This is not operator error, folks. They are junk. Most recently our dealership has had my trailer from 20 Nov 2013 until now (they still have it), and the levelers still do not work properly. They have been "reprogrammed" at least a dozen time if not two dozen time, including the times I have done it with Atwood on the phone and our dealership service department has done. The dealership has replaced the main module, and now they are trying to replace the rear jacks. Stay away from Atwood.
nfd0800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #25

We have a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk motor home and out Big Foot leveling system does not come down when we are parked on a fairly level pad. Is this normal??
bdill25366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #26

We have the Atwoods. Works good so far. I follow exactly the same procedure as described above. The system operates on micro amperage differences. When a load is placed on a jack and it draws a different amperage then another jack it shuts off the power to that jack until the loads are again equal.

But so far so good.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdill25366 View Post
We have a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk motor home and out Big Foot leveling system does not come down when we are parked on a fairly level pad. Is this normal??
I answered that question in the MH forum and the answer is NO they function whether you parked on a level surface or not.We had them on our 2001 class C and they always went down. Big Foot has 24/7 Tech support give them a call.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #28

New levelers and inhancements

I was told last week that jayco is adding enhancements to there eagle 345 bhts, which now includes a deluxe package which has 4 point lever system, fireplace, sleeper sofa for bunk and improved bath and also I believe all linoleum in living area. They have also done away with some of there standard features. I am awaiting more info and new pricing. Can't wait.
Engoff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #29

I think Jayco had a lot of problems with Atwood, and has now changed to Lippert on 5th wheels. Our 2015 Eagle Premier came with LCI auto level and it has performed flawlessly. Love it.
Grampa Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #30

Lippert's not working any better on my 2015 at this point. Failed before we could get it put away for the winter. Front left has to be replaced. Gear box has disengaged from the jack and not lifting. Dealer is making a house call now to replace the entire jack.
Not yet retired, but counting the months to full-timing !
ArmyColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #31

We have the Reico Titan on our pinnacle. They are not self leveling but it only takes a minute or two to set up with the wireless remote. It is an awesome system, easy to use, and never a problem with it.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #32

are the new lippert's jacks hydraulic or electric?
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #33

Both. Lippert makes a six point leveling system that is hydraulic, and it works very well (in my experience with an Evergreen Bayhill). We now own a Seismic with the other Lippert system, which Jayco advertises as a six point leveling system. It is not. The Lippert system with the electric jack uses the four corner jacks to (theoretically) level the camper and then lowers the middle jacks for stabilization. There is no way to lower the middle jacks manually. So far, if the trailer is already sitting level, it will go through its cycle just fine, but if the trailer is not already level, the system faults, quits, and then won't lower the stabilizing jacks.

I had the hydraulic Lippert system level my Evergreen from 4 degrees off level side to side. It had to pick the lower wheels completely off the ground, but it did it. The electreic Lippert system will not level my Seismic from 1.8 degrees off level side to side. If you can, stay away from this system. Get the hydraulic system if it is an option.
djtho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #34
Lost in the Woods

I had HWH levelers on a Class A motor home and they were the cat's meow. We leveled it on a hill in East Helena that required concrete blocks under the front supports to get it up high enough and they performed flawlessly.
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #35

Back to the topic.....

Our Atwood 4 point auto levelers work fine.

Any problems could be owner related as not understanding how it works.

Just saying....

If one does a Search here you will find out the best way to do it.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #36

IIRC the owner's manual says the unit has to be "fairly" level to start with. I have the same issue with the Power Gear system on the SENECA. From what I understand it is designed to prevent frame damage from twisting.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #37

I have electric. No issues yet. Didn't want to deal with hydraulic fluid.
Grampa Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #38

This is the procedure we use on our 2014 Eagle Premier. So far it works fine.
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #39

Sorry for the incomplete post. The procedure Larry G uses on page three works fine for us.
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #40

I am finding that it is important to initially program the Atwood levelers on really flat ground.
Rusty Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote