Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2022, 07:07 PM   #1

Auto level Voltage too high

Hey all.. 2019 eagle. Auto level flashes red and error message on app says Voltage is too high. Individual jacks work. Voltage reads 12.5 without shore power and 13.5 with. Both batteries individually test the same.

When I went to storage to pick it up tonight...I had forgotten to disconnect the batteries and they were dead. Pigtail raised the jacks and came home.

Been plugged in at the house for a couple hours and I still get the flashing red and "Voltage is above accepted value" message on my app.

Appreciate any insight and info. Thank you.
Camperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:36 AM   #2

Odd issue. You stated "batteries" as in more than one, are they wired correctly? IF wired in series you'd get 24v.
Test voltage at controller (if you can find it!) with a voltmeter.
A phone app, or BMPro tablet app? If voltage at controller is verified good delete and reload app.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Odd issue. You stated "batteries" as in more than one, are they wired correctly? IF wired in series you'd get 24v.
Test voltage at controller (if you can find it!) with a voltmeter.
A phone app, or BMPro tablet app? If voltage at controller is verified good delete and reload app.

Batteries are parallel. Just parked the camper two weeks ago with everything working fine.

I need to try and reset things I believe.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:21 AM   #4

A reset may be the best place to start, as the IT guys always say-
"Rebooting fixes 90 percent of user computer problems"
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
A reset may be the best place to start, as the IT guys always say-
"Rebooting fixes 90 percent of user computer problems"

Problem is cannot find how to reset it.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:04 PM   #6
RPR

Do you have the manual for the auto lever. Will tell you how to reset/clear it. No manual give us the brand/ name of system and someone may be able to send you the manual or instructions.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #7

Update

I've spoken with our local tech,, Jayco and Lippert...BMPRO has no number to call. (Cowards) . no one has a clue....it's like this is the first time they've heard of this. I've disconnected ALL power from the leveling "brain" as well as the BMPro/Lippert interface AND the BMPRO brain. I've disconnected the jaycommand tablet to reset it. I've tested voltage on every input and output in these areas. All show 12 to 13volts. Only two wires plugged into the Lippert jack brain board show 7 volts. That's a bit odd..... so far no one has a clue and it's disturbing that jayco doesn't have someone who knows all about the products they so happily sell you.

I've attached photos of both the jack brain and Lippert interface for the BMPRO controller.

Lippert suggested I manually level and reset zero bubble. Lol he told me this 3x and each time I told him the auto level doesn't work. Not one part of it. The same message appears. I don't think they care as much as they say.

Jayco recommend I update the system and see if that works. I'm not overly optimistic at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
20220727_191949.jpg   20220727_191947.jpg   20220727_212208.jpg  
Old 07-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #8
RPR

Just to clarify when you said the auto level does not work. Does not work in manual mode or auto?
Old 07-28-2022, 09:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Just to clarify when you said the auto level does not work. Does not work in manual mode or auto?

The auto level will not operate. I can manually move all 4 jacks individually with my bmpro app. I can move the landing gear up and down with the Lippert controller or the bmpro.

I cannot auto level or zero it. When I try to auto level or zero I get both a red flashing light on the Lippert controller and the "voltage too high" error message on the bmpro app/jaycommand tablet.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #10
RPR

Where you able to clear the fault code ? When I changed the battery in our unit leveling system touch pad showed fault code. Per the instructions I pressed Enter and Retract at the same time on the pad on the wall and coded cleared and we were good to go.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperdude View Post
i've spoken with our local tech,, jayco and lippert...bmpro has no number to call. (cowards) . No one has a clue....it's like this is the first time they've heard of this. I've disconnected all power from the leveling "brain" as well as the bmpro/lippert interface and the bmpro brain. I've disconnected the jaycommand tablet to reset it. I've tested voltage on every input and output in these areas. All show 12 to 13volts. Only two wires plugged into the lippert jack brain board show 7 volts. That's a bit odd..... So far no one has a clue and it's disturbing that jayco doesn't have someone who knows all about the products they so happily sell you.

I've attached photos of both the jack brain and lippert interface for the bmpro controller.

Lippert suggested i manually level and reset zero bubble. Lol he told me this 3x and each time i told him the auto level doesn't work. Not one part of it. The same message appears. I don't think they care as much as they say.

Jayco recommend i update the system and see if that works. I'm not overly optimistic at this point.
bmpro tech support
574-322-4934
Old 07-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Where you able to clear the fault code ? When I changed the battery in our unit leveling system touch pad showed fault code. Per the instructions I pressed Enter and Retract at the same time on the pad on the wall and coded cleared and we were good to go.
I think I have a different touch pad as you.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20220728-130819_eBay.jpg  
Old 07-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
bmpro tech support
574-322-4934
Thank you... i appreciate that. Spoke with BMPRO and they put it back on lippert lol.

This is fun!