Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #1

Auto leveling

jayco eagle HT 27 rs. First trip out Unhitched. hit auto level, nothing. I had to get my phone log onto bmpro hit auto level and it worked. I can't even go to the pad inside and hit auto level. It's not there? If I don't have service then I won't be able to auto level. Can't work my jacks individually except on my phone, What am I missing?

Another thing... Hooked up cable to the campground did a scan no channels found. we could only find 2 channels with the antenna scann. We took off the button when we hooked to cable and put it back on when using attenna. The TV people from the campground came in tried everything. We ended up hooking the cable up to the campground pole through the window and to the TV and then it worked?
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #2

On my 2018 eagle ht I have to hit the auto level button twice after waking the panel up with the up and down arrows. And the app my unit uses is called one control and does not require service.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #3

My cables were miss-wired from the factory.

On the outside, do you have Cable, SAT and AUX? Try each one.

I need to use the AUX for my SAT
Old 06-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #4

Cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister2 View Post
jayco eagle HT 27 rs. First trip out Unhitched. hit auto level, nothing. I had to get my phone log onto bmpro hit auto level and it worked. I can't even go to the pad inside and hit auto level. It's not there? If I don't have service then I won't be able to auto level. Can't work my jacks individually except on my phone, What am I missing?

Another thing... Hooked up cable to the campground did a scan no channels found. we could only find 2 channels with the antenna scann. We took off the button when we hooked to cable and put it back on when using attenna. The TV people from the campground came in tried everything. We ended up hooking the cable up to the campground pole through the window and to the TV and then it worked?

You have to shut off the antenna. On my rig the switch is a very small push button behind the TV. It is difficult to see even with a flash light. I believe there is a small green light that goes out when you push it to turn off the antenna.
Scott01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:33 AM   #5

cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
My cables were miss-wired from the factory.

On the outside, do you have Cable, SAT and AUX? Try each one.

I need to use the AUX for my SAT
c

Thanks, we did think of that. We did try that. It didn't work.

Thank you
Old 06-05-2021, 06:34 AM   #6

Thank you I'll try that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
Old 06-06-2021, 06:19 AM   #7

We have a new rig, and the Lippert 3.0 panel will raise and lower the front jacks for hitching and unhitching, but that's all. Very frustrating pushing the Auto-Level button, watching the green light flash briefly and then stop. No motion up or down from the rear jacks at all. Then paired my iPhone with the Jaycommand panel inside the rig, and worked the Auto-Level from that screen and it worked like a champ. Auto-Level went through it's paces. Could control and run rear jacks up and down individually from the app. If you haven't tried that yet, suggest you do. Hope this helps.
htglaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #8

seems to be a very common issue, just had the same issue with new 28.5 eagle ht
BigE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:49 PM   #9

I have a 2021 Seismic 4113 and the auto level does the same thing on occasion. It will work from the control panel inside at time's and from the panel outside at time's but the app always seems to do the trick.

I've noticed it seems to only work when all the rear jacks are in the up position as well. If any of the rear jacks are down or have been individually moved it wont seem to auto level. Again though, it always seems to work like a champ from the app for whatever that is worth .
Bondos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #10

We have the 27RS also. Behind the panels in the pass through storage where your cable connections plug in you may find the connections very loose. I found mine that way checking for a nonexistent water leak.

On the auto level, I have to "wake up" the system every time we disconnect or hook up by pressing the up/down arrows on the keyboard. It's a little aggravating and not what I was expecting but still beats the old way of leveling the camper.
02camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:44 PM   #11

Quote:
jayco eagle HT 27 rs. First trip out Unhitched. hit auto level, nothing. I had to get my phone log onto bmpro hit auto level and it worked. I can't even go to the pad inside and hit auto level. It's not there?

If I don't have service then I won't be able to auto level.
Yeah, my 2021 HT 284 BHOK is hit or miss with the front jack panel. But you don't need to worry about cell service as the phone connection to the trailer is over bluetooth. You only need to stay within close range to the trailer.

Dave
DAT-IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #12

JAYCOMMAND Auto Leveling

We have a 2021 25.5REOK Jayco fifth wheel. The leveling system is a common problem and there are several threads on the forum. It is my understanding that there is a software/firmware issue between the Jaycommand and Lippert auto level system. I have not heard whether or not Jayco is working on a fix or not. On my system, I can "wake up" the exterior pad by initiating auto level from the Jaycommand app on my iphone. Turning the exterior pad on by pressing the up and down buttons will NOT accomplish this as some have suggested. Once I start the auto level from the app, the exterior touch pad will work. This doesn't help much because once you wake the system, you might as well use the app. You need to do this all over again when you pull it to the next site. My trailer is going back into the shop next week and I am hoping to get an update from Jayco on what they are doing about this problem. Also, it is not necessary to have wifi to use your phone app. It connects to the Jaycommand system in your trailer via blue tooth.

We also had a problem with antenna reception as well. The dealer looked at it and said everything was fine but they were wrong. After taking the trailer out three times and never getting a channel after the scan, I began investigating. I pulled the wall outlet that contains the amp. All three of the coax connections were very loose. Once I tightened them, everything worked fine. Sounds like you have a similar problem.

Quote:

lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:52 PM   #13

On mine, 2018 320RST, i have to hold the Auto Level for a few seconds before it starts.. I have also found that if the trailer is way off lever before you try auto level it wont start. I think the computer senses if the trailer is to far out where it can't level so it wont start. I had this problem when lake shore camping and find when i dig the high side down to park the tires in the system works. You can control the front, back and side by side jacks separately on the phone app but it is really funky how it works. They need to do some work on that lousy app. You can also control the front and rear jacks on the inside panel. My older unit had a push button for each jack and the auto level on the outside panel. Wish they would bring that one back. These new versions suck!
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:33 PM   #14

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not explaining this correctly so I'll try again. When I hook up or disconnect the camper, I turn the app on. All functions work (slides, awning, lights, etc.) except auto level. My phone will not connect to the Lippert system until I unlock the pass thru storage and press the up/down buttons on the pad simultaneously. After I do that, they connect, I press auto level on my phone and auto leveling is achieved. I know this is not how the system is intended to work but this is the only way I have found to work for me. If I'm missing something or there is an easier way, please share.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02camp View Post
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not explaining this correctly so I'll try again. When I hook up or disconnect the camper, I turn the app on. All functions work (slides, awning, lights, etc.) except auto level. My phone will not connect to the Lippert system until I unlock the pass thru storage and press the up/down buttons on the pad simultaneously. After I do that, they connect, I press auto level on my phone and auto leveling is achieved. I know this is not how the system is intended to work but this is the only way I have found to work for me. If I'm missing something or there is an easier way, please share.
The app on my phone (Apple) connects into OneControl after I enter my passcode. I don’t have to initiate anything at the main control panel. I find the app glitchy at times. also yesterday I noticed Lipert had an update for the app. I loaded new update but haven’t tried anything yet. auto level works fine for me, either off the phone app or main controller panel. When using at main control, you have to wake it up, then hold auto level for a few seconds, light should start blinking green and do its thing.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
The app on my phone (Apple) connects into OneControl after I enter my passcode. I don’t have to initiate anything at the main control panel. I find the app glitchy at times. also yesterday I noticed Lipert had an update for the app. I loaded new update but haven’t tried anything yet. auto level works fine for me, either off the phone app or main controller panel. When using at main control, you have to wake it up, then hold auto level for a few seconds, light should start blinking green and do its thing.
Thank you. I'll try leaving my finger on the auto leveling button a few seconds.