Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2021, 07:01 PM   #1

Auto Leveling

Hi All;

We took delivery today of a NP 382flrb 5th wheel, to say the least it's gorgeous!

We found a few things at the dealers at the PDI and they were awesome, took pictures and documented everything for future repairs (they are all minor)

Now to my question - When I got home and pressed auto level nothing happened. Ok so went to the app and sure enough everything worked as expected. So besides it not working at the panel my minor concern is that it did not really level the coach, it was close but not DW level!

I am not a rookie, been camping for many years, our last 5th had the In-Command system and there was never a problem with the auto-level.

Is there something else I need to know or do?

Thanks!

Jack
ChiefCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:54 PM   #2

Congratulations on getting your new rig. Post a photo and we can join in your aaaahhh

Regarding your level, or not level condition. That's a topic I often see in the forum. Below is a link that may help.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tem-65042.html

I can't personally speak with experience because we're still waiting for delivery. We're hoping to get our 5er within a month \o/

Post again and let us know your level best success
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #3

Thanks, I saw that post but the links are dead. The new system is by bmpro. Same kind of thing though it seems something may need to be done with null value - I think!
Old 07-29-2021, 09:41 PM   #4

Reset the null point on the Equalizer system

Had the same issue with mine. Really very simple to reset the null point, (perfectly level). There are several You Tube videos on this subject.
Overall, you level the 5er manually and then reset the control panel in your water compartment. Video shows the procedure much quicker than I can write it.
FarmerBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:08 AM   #5

My 2016 Pinnacle was not level either when we first got it. You could visibly see the FW lower on the right side when facing from the front. Your leveling system should be a Lippert system and you should have a manual for it in your packet of manuals and remotes from the dealer. If not, you can go to Lipper.com and download the manual for step by step instructions on how to reset your system to the zero point. Lippert also has an app you can download that gives you access to manuals and products.

Good luck!

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefCamper View Post
Hi All;

We took delivery today of a NP 382flrb 5th wheel, to say the least it's gorgeous!

We found a few things at the dealers at the PDI and they were awesome, took pictures and documented everything for future repairs (they are all minor)

Now to my question - When I got home and pressed auto level nothing happened. Ok so went to the app and sure enough everything worked as expected. So besides it not working at the panel my minor concern is that it did not really level the coach, it was close but not DW level!

I am not a rookie, been camping for many years, our last 5th had the In-Command system and there was never a problem with the auto-level.

Is there something else I need to know or do?

Thanks!

Jack
Hi,

Our RV - brand new Eagle 321RSTS with BMPro /Jaycommand does exactly the same thing.

I don't think there is a fix at this point. I have read there is a software issue between the LCI 3.0 pad and the jaycommand.

Basically the Jaycommand overrides the LCI 3.0 pad. So for now, if you have the app on a phone use the BMPro/ Jaycommand app to autolevel or do it from inside the RV on the touch screen.

Yes, -it a pain in the butt.

If anyone has heard of a fix it would be nice to know.

Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

Thank you all, after redoing the leveling manually and then setting the null all seems to be perfect. I've pulled into two campgrounds now, hit auto level and everything worked as it should.