Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2021, 06:07 AM   #1

Auto Leveling help

2021 Jayco HT Eagle 28 RLS Fifth wheel Trailer
Lippert Ground 3.0 Auto Leveling System

History:
I have learned in the last six months that across the broad spectrum of RV suppliers, manufacturers, dealers, and owners the terminology of RV components is not always the same. I wish I had the ability to use illustrations as much as possible.
Purchased the Jayco Eagle listed above on January 11, 2021. Since new the Lippert Auto leveling system WILL NOT Auto Level the RV as per procedure outline in Lippert, Jayco, and Youtube instructions on how to Auto Level the RV with Lippert Ground 3.0 leveling system.
For the sake of making sure my procedures are correct, here is my process. I position the RV on “level” ground. Using the Mini TouchPad, I turn on the system. Little solid green light indicates operational. Then I lower the landing gear enough to separate the tow vehicle from the RV. I safely distance the tow vehicle. I then manually raise the nose of the RV above level. Once the RV nose is above level, I push the Auto Level button. The green light begins to blink. It blinks for about 3-5 seconds and then turns solid green.
You would normally think that the RV is now level and ready to use. NOT, IT WAS SILENCE. Nothing happened. Rear jacks are still in the up position. Landing Gear failed to move. RV is NOT level.

Workaround. But NOT the Fix:
Through my attempt at troubleshooting and all of the documentation that I have read. I found somewhere that directed me to test my rear jack operation manually. The only way that I have to operate or test the rear jacks manually is through a Cell phone App (Jaycommand by BMPro). Jayco and or Lippert failed to provide a remote that comes with these Ground 3.0 systems. See Below. This cost me $1500.00 for a cell phone I have very little knowledge of.

With a little help on the Cell Phone and a strong determination, I was able to test or move the Rear Jacks. Once the rear jack moved, I decided to test the Auto Leveling function again. I push the Auto Leveling Button To my surprise the Auto Leveling system began to sequence each Jack and performed leveling operations as advertised.
As soon as I connect the RV to my vehicle and move to another location, the Auto Level function fails to operate again.
What I have done:
1. Made sure that the RV is on a level surface. Battery voltage is at a peak of 12.5 VDC. The nose of the RV is above level.
2. I have a Zero calibrated leveling system. By manually extend all of the jacks about 6 to 8 inches. At the quick level touchpad power on, I press and released retract all, then I press and held retract all for 3-5 seconds. Jacks auto retracted and rehome the system.
3. I have checked the wiring, checked all the connections on the 4-point controller.
4. I have checked for firmware, software, and Cell App updates and by instructions, any updates should have transferred to the leveling system through blue tooth communication.
😩
5. I have contacted Lippert and Jayco services and no one wants to take ownership and help fix it. Getting the impression that no one knows.
👉👈
Is this the first time this problem has ever happened? Does anyone have any ideas?
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:31 AM   #2

Do you have the screen panel (android tablet) inside the unit mounted on the wall? If so you need to connect it to a WiFi signal like at your home for internet access and on the tablet you go to the google store and update the app... This will update the bpmpro controller
Brother in law 2021 eagle same issues
Updated the tablet from Google store.. All works fine now
He doesn't even use the phone app
YMMV

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:38 AM   #3

That’s really off
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Do you have the screen panel (android tablet) inside the unit mounted on the wall? If so you need to connect it to a WiFi signal like at your home for internet access and on the tablet you go to the google store and update the app... This will update the bpmpro controller
Brother in law 2021 eagle same issues
Updated the tablet from Google store.. All works fine now
He doesn't even use the phone app
YMMV

RoadrunnerII
Thanks, Roadrunner II, That has been suggested but I don't have a Tablet on the wall inside my rig. I wish I did now. All I have is the phone App.
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #5

I've never had a problem with my Lippert 3.0 Ground system. I don't use apps or tablets, I use the unit on the side of the RV. Seems like all the problems lately with 3.0 is the phone apps and/or the tablet.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcburt View Post
Thanks, Roadrunner II, That has been suggested but I don't have a Tablet on the wall inside my rig. I wish I did now. All I have is the phone App.
That is a tough one. I would call Jayco and ask for customer service.. Its gonna be a 45 min on hold wait likely. Once you get a rep get a case number opened
Then you can explain the issue in detail. Send them the whole story you have.... Someone at Jayco can deal with this... I would push them that when it does this the trailer is unusable. You may have to take It back to the factory for the fix. See if they would consider swapping out the bpmpro controller... The Lci one control 3.0 has some time on it so it's relatively stable. Bpmpro came out of Jayco Australia.. Its been used there for a number of years
Something in the marriage of the two systems is off

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 07-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #7

I started a thread on this a few months ago, and since there have been many others.

We have a 2021 Eagle HT 30.5ckts. I have only once been able to use the autolevel feature via the touchpad once, and that was when we first brought it home. All other times, it's been through the the app. The app actually just had an update to the "firmware" when I set up this past Wednesday, but nothing changed as far as the keypad function. Jayco/BM Pro has to know by now ther is an issue, hopefully they are wirking on a solution.
GregandKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:05 AM   #8

Anytime the internet or Bluetooth is relied upon for making things operate, this happens. Communication between the two devices can be very shoddy..especially at a CG. Direct connect is the only way to go. We saw units with the "tablet" as the controller. When the salesman was demonstrating it, it failed miserably. He said, "I must be doing something wrong". I told him he wasn't because I watched him. I told him it was the connection between the two. Airwaves do not make great connections. Only hardwired control boards do. I'd see about having a control unit mounted. Sure, the apps and pads look pretty and cool, but work horribly.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Anytime the internet or Bluetooth is relied upon for making things operate, this happens. Communication between the two devices can be very shoddy..especially at a CG. Direct connect is the only way to go. We saw units with the "tablet" as the controller. When the salesman was demonstrating it, it failed miserably. He said, "I must be doing something wrong". I told him he wasn't because I watched him. I told him it was the connection between the two. Airwaves do not make great connections. Only hardwired control boards do. I'd see about having a control unit mounted. Sure, the apps and pads look pretty and cool, but work horribly.

I think you misunderstood... the bluetooth app is the only way it DOES work. The hardwired controller it what does not work oroperly.
GregandKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #10

WE have a Northpoint 2020, We have to pull truth out from under the 5thn wheel go to the screen on out6side of rig hit retract all, then auto level. And this seems to work for us. WE do not use the apps...
bmcevers_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandKelly View Post
I think you misunderstood... the bluetooth app is the only way it DOES work. The hardwired controller it what does not work oroperly.
Yep...sure did.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #12

I found after scratching my head a few times after an auto-level fail that I was extending the manual part of the front jack too much and the rig couldn't go low enough in the front. I only go 9 holes now at camp, about 2 fingers from the ground at home. As mentioned above, there was a firmware update earlier this year which for me, reset the override some jack-wagon programmed instead of putting the rear jack plugs in the correct spots. Had the rear curb side wheels 4 inches off the ground when I finally noticed!

For me, the "jack height" is hit or miss...

SO.. I would make sure your front jacks have enough room to bring the front of the rig down, try the firmware update (via phone or tablet) and make sure your wiring is right. At least you have your phone...
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:17 AM   #13

I'm certainly not an expert on this topic, but I have been very fortunate in that our 3.0 system has worked fine ever since we took delivery of our 2018 28.5 RSTS last year. I read through the procedure you wrote that you follow and one thing that you're doing that I have never done, is lowering the front landing gear after you disconnect. I leave it in the same position and then hit the auto level button on the keypad outside the trailer. I have the touch screen inside as well as the app on my phone, but nearly 100% of the time, I just use the keypad. The green light will flash and then there is about a 5 second pause and then it starts leveling. The first thing it does is lower the front landing gear. Then it starts deploying the rear levelers and works its way level from there. When we go to leave, I hit the hitch height button and it retracts the rear levelers and moves the front to the height we disconnected from. It's been very accurate and reliable so far. Not sure if this may help, but it may be worth a try.
riddleswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddleswest View Post
I'm certainly not an expert on this topic, but I have been very fortunate in that our 3.0 system has worked fine ever since we took delivery of our 2018 28.5 RSTS last year. I read through the procedure you wrote that you follow and one thing that you're doing that I have never done, is lowering the front landing gear after you disconnect. I leave it in the same position and then hit the auto level button on the keypad outside the trailer. I have the touch screen inside as well as the app on my phone, but nearly 100% of the time, I just use the keypad. The green light will flash and then there is about a 5 second pause and then it starts leveling. The first thing it does is lower the front landing gear. Then it starts deploying the rear levelers and works its way level from there. When we go to leave, I hit the hitch height button and it retracts the rear levelers and moves the front to the height we disconnected from. It's been very accurate and reliable so far. Not sure if this may help, but it may be worth a try.
My 5'er is the same way. Nothing about lowering the nose at all. Unhook, drop the fronts, pull out and auto level. Never failed.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #15

JAYCOMMAND Auto Leveling

This is a common problem reported on the forum an number of times. You will get many well meaning responses from individuals who have Lippert systems that are a little older. They will not have the problem and their helpful hints are not useful. This is a problem with the JayCommand interface on new trailers. My trailer is now at the second dealer and I am hoping they will get it resolved although, I believe there is no firmware/software fix available. The new dealer at least understands the problem and has seen it on other trailers. They are working with Jayco to try and get to the bottom of the problem. I will post what I learn in the next few weeks. Until Jayco comes up with a fix, it is my understanding that you will only be able to initiate the leveling sequence from the cell phone application. Once you do that, the exterior keypad will work until you move the trailer again and then you start all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcburt View Post
2021 Jayco HT Eagle 28 RLS Fifth wheel Trailer
Lippert Ground 3.0 Auto Leveling System

History:
I have learned in the last six months that across the broad spectrum of RV suppliers, manufacturers, dealers, and owners the terminology of RV components is not always the same. I wish I had the ability to use illustrations as much as possible.
Purchased the Jayco Eagle listed above on January 11, 2021. Since new the Lippert Auto leveling system WILL NOT Auto Level the RV as per procedure outline in Lippert, Jayco, and Youtube instructions on how to Auto Level the RV with Lippert Ground 3.0 leveling system.
For the sake of making sure my procedures are correct, here is my process. I position the RV on “level” ground. Using the Mini TouchPad, I turn on the system. Little solid green light indicates operational. Then I lower the landing gear enough to separate the tow vehicle from the RV. I safely distance the tow vehicle. I then manually raise the nose of the RV above level. Once the RV nose is above level, I push the Auto Level button. The green light begins to blink. It blinks for about 3-5 seconds and then turns solid green.
You would normally think that the RV is now level and ready to use. NOT, IT WAS SILENCE. Nothing happened. Rear jacks are still in the up position. Landing Gear failed to move. RV is NOT level.

Workaround. But NOT the Fix:
Through my attempt at troubleshooting and all of the documentation that I have read. I found somewhere that directed me to test my rear jack operation manually. The only way that I have to operate or test the rear jacks manually is through a Cell phone App (Jaycommand by BMPro). Jayco and or Lippert failed to provide a remote that comes with these Ground 3.0 systems. See Below. This cost me $1500.00 for a cell phone I have very little knowledge of.

With a little help on the Cell Phone and a strong determination, I was able to test or move the Rear Jacks. Once the rear jack moved, I decided to test the Auto Leveling function again. I push the Auto Leveling Button To my surprise the Auto Leveling system began to sequence each Jack and performed leveling operations as advertised.
As soon as I connect the RV to my vehicle and move to another location, the Auto Level function fails to operate again.
What I have done:
1. Made sure that the RV is on a level surface. Battery voltage is at a peak of 12.5 VDC. The nose of the RV is above level.
2. I have a Zero calibrated leveling system. By manually extend all of the jacks about 6 to 8 inches. At the quick level touchpad power on, I press and released retract all, then I press and held retract all for 3-5 seconds. Jacks auto retracted and rehome the system.
3. I have checked the wiring, checked all the connections on the 4-point controller.
4. I have checked for firmware, software, and Cell App updates and by instructions, any updates should have transferred to the leveling system through blue tooth communication.
😩
5. I have contacted Lippert and Jayco services and no one wants to take ownership and help fix it. Getting the impression that no one knows.
👉👈
Is this the first time this problem has ever happened? Does anyone have any ideas?
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:59 PM   #16

Once in awhile my panel will do some funny things.. I merely reset the system by shutting power off for 30 seconds then back on. One time i had the rear jacks not deploying do matter what I did. I got Lippert techs on the phone when they had me start the trouble shoot procedure everything worked and that problem never reoccured. Makes me nervous thinking this will occur once again at the worst time..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #17

Start with the nose below level. That's what I do and have no problem.
cfegender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:08 AM   #18

As others have stated, this is a problem with the Jaycommand interface. My 2018 317 RLOK had the 3.0 auto level system in it, and never had a problem. Only once did it not want to level, which was because I was on very uneven ground, and I didn't lower the landing gear down enough before pulling the pins to drop the legs down when unhooking from the rig. It stopped in mid level and I got a blinking red light. Had to back the truck back under it again, and then raised the drop legs up, then lowered the landing gear down about 5 to 6 inches before pulling the pins. It then leveled fine after that. With my new 2021 Eagle HT 24RE, I have experienced the afore mentioned issue. I've followed the same protocols as everyone else has, firmware update, shutting the power off to reset, and so forth. What I've found is that I have to wait for the app on the phone to connect with the Jaycommand system, then the outside key pad will miraculously start to work. This can take a minute or two, which is frustrating because you would think it would connect while in the rig, so I can monitor the tire temp/pressures while pulling, but as soon as I walk half way past the truck bed I loose the connection. I've also found that the system wants to level at the point of disconnect from the rig, so if you move the landing gear at all after unhooking from the truck, it doesn't want to level. That has been my experience with this NEW AND AWESOME SYSTEM. As a side note, I have found that getting the trailer level side to side before hand, helps greatly with the leveling process. I ended up mounting a gigantic level with a steel ball inside, on top of the pin box, and use leveling blocks under the tires until the level is centered. You can see it very clearly in the rear view, and it seems to help. I guess we will all just have to wait for the next update, to get this problem fixed. Good luck all who have this GLOUROUS NEW SYSTEM.
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:38 PM   #19

On my 2020 319MLOK, I had issues at first, and still do a bit if the ground is too out of level. I have the tablet inside, the app on my phone, and of course the controls in the basement. I have found that I have much better luck with the auto level by getting the unit somewhat level front to back with a small bullet level sitting on the edge of the basement in front of me and then using the auto level on the control in the basement. The biggest frustration I have, is the system seems to keep lifting the camper to achieve level and that sometimes lifts one side's tires off the ground a bit. I end up manually dropping all jacks the same amount to bring it down after auto level is completed. I don't understand why it can't bring the jacks up and down to achieve level.
RockGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGood View Post
On my 2020 319MLOK, I had issues at first, and still do a bit if the ground is too out of level. I have the tablet inside, the app on my phone, and of course the controls in the basement. I have found that I have much better luck with the auto level by getting the unit somewhat level front to back with a small bullet level sitting on the edge of the basement in front of me and then using the auto level on the control in the basement. The biggest frustration I have, is the system seems to keep lifting the camper to achieve level and that sometimes lifts one side's tires off the ground a bit. I end up manually dropping all jacks the same amount to bring it down after auto level is completed. I don't understand why it can't bring the jacks up and down to achieve level.
Try this
If you drop front jacks on the pin don't drop them all the way. Same for rear... Allow the system room to lower on front and back...
So if it takes 9 holes to hit your blocking for the front jack only let it out 4-5..... Now raise front to unhook truck. Pull away.
Now put blocks under rear jack but allow a gap. For ours it's an inch or so on rear. First thing ours does is lower front... Then lowers back to touch. Then it does the levelling. Never an issue.
If I ever drop front ones fully it gives me grief.. Out of stroke or lifts one side off the ground
YMMV
RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider