Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2020, 06:42 AM   #1

Auto Leveling issues

We recently brought home our 2019 Eagle 321 RSTS (which we purchased on October 2019)and have been driveway camping for the past 2 weeks. We are really enjoying the fifth wheel, and have not found many issues. One big issue is we are not able to get the auto leveling (Lippert 3.0) system to work properly, and have had to manually level it. This is not hard (not as convenient as auto) except left and right seem to be different in the front and back (we have a 4 point leveling system).

My questions are:
1. Does anyone know how lippert defines right and left (it should be an obvious answer, but our system seems to have the two flipped - right in the front campsite, left in the rear campsite)?
2. We have zeroed the system out (twice), but the auto leveling wants to lift the wheels off the ground on one side or the other. We have the unit fairly level when starting, but the system whacks out. I have not contacted Lippert or our dealer yet, but thought I would start with the forum.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice you can offer. I have seen a few threads on this topic in the forum, and tried some of the suggestions, but has not help resolve the problem.

Stay safe.
eagledreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #2

suggestion, call lippert and have the tech run you through the processes that are out there.

574-537-8900
mboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #3

Sounds like you may have some wires crossed and it’s getting confused. Left should be street side and right curbside.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
suggestion, call lippert and have the tech run you through the processes that are out there.

574-537-8900

X2 on this. Unlike certain other RV manufacturers, Lippert is easy to get a hold of, they are knowledgeable and very helpful. They also told me about the 'My LCI" app for your smartphone which will put all their manuals, tutorials and related collateral materials at your fingertips.

Good luck
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote