Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Auto-Leveling Jacks

Hello!
We recently purchased a 2021 Jayco 29.5 BHOK 5th wheel and we are having problems with lowering the leveling jacks. Is there another app that's different from the Jaycommand app to control the auto leveling? Our trailer has the Lippert Components Quik-Level Ground Control 3.0 control panel that has an auto-level button but it doesn't lower the leveling jacks. We know this should be easy, so what are we missing? Thank you for your help!!
GishFam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:25 AM   #2

I couldn't get the Lippert panel to lower the rear jacks or Auto Level. After pairing with the Jaycommand app, the rear jacks worked fine, and so did Auto Level. I've read elsewhere, that resetting the system by disconnecting the battery helps.
htglaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:23 PM   #3

Welcome to JOF! Try doing an reset and also make sure that your batteries are up to it's power and if you have one battery like most that come from the dealer install you will need at least two batteries.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:30 AM   #4

I could not get auto level to work this past weekend. This was our first trip out. I had to hit retract all jacks to reset. After that no problems.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
I could not get auto level to work this past weekend. This was our first trip out. I had to hit retract all jacks to reset. After that no problems.

Auto Level - The devil is in the details... So my rig has a 4 point auto level system as it's under 35' long. I quickly discovered that the Auto Level system isn't really as intuitive as I thought it was. We parked the rig and hit auto level... next thing you know, the wheels were an inch off the ground and the 4 points had literally suspended my rig in the air - BAD! BAD AUTO LEVEL!

It would seem that the Auto Level feature uses it's last known good level point and when you move from site to site, it doesn't know - so you get mixed results on the next run. What I do is unhitch, set her down, place the wheel chocks and before I let any slides out, I RESET the auto level to ZERO. Now it knows where to start from vs. what it remembered from last time. If you do it this way, you'll be level 99% of the time. You can tweak it from inside once you're setup. - Good Luck

P.S. Try to use shore power as much as possible when using your auto level feature. Those jacks tend to suck power from the batteries and they play nicer when they have full power.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
Auto Level - The devil is in the details... So my rig has a 4 point auto level system as it's under 35' long. I quickly discovered that the Auto Level system isn't really as intuitive as I thought it was. We parked the rig and hit auto level... next thing you know, the wheels were an inch off the ground and the 4 points had literally suspended my rig in the air - BAD! BAD AUTO LEVEL!

It would seem that the Auto Level feature uses it's last known good level point and when you move from site to site, it doesn't know - so you get mixed results on the next run. What I do is unhitch, set her down, place the wheel chocks and before I let any slides out, I RESET the auto level to ZERO. Now it knows where to start from vs. what it remembered from last time. If you do it this way, you'll be level 99% of the time. You can tweak it from inside once you're setup. - Good Luck

P.S. Try to use shore power as much as possible when using your auto level feature. Those jacks tend to suck power from the batteries and they play nicer when they have full power.
I had a similar issue after the BMPro update. I got to the point of calling Lippert tech support. Tech knew right away and directed me to the garage where it was determined that the rear jack wiring was reversed. Once I put the plugs in the corresponding sockets it has been fine.
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:56 AM   #7

The error message I received on my phone when i tried to level said to retract all jacks to reset.
Once i did that i was able to auto level.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote