Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #1

Autolevel causing one leg to leave the ground?!

I'd like to think I'm a pretty observant guy, but I have just recently noticed when I auto-level my 29.5 BHDS that at some point during the process the right front leg is NOT TOUCHING THE !@#!@ GROUND??!!

That can't be normal, can it?

I typically stand next to the driver side (so I can cancel the process if something looks funny) and look at the front and under the belly at the rear jacks while it is leveling. It is possible that the front right leg was just hidden behind the spare tire and I never noticed it. The last two camping trips, I noticed it right at the end that the front right (passenger side) comes off the ground by 1-2 inches.. Then it says "grounding right front" and puts it back on the ground.

Any one else seen this happen?
datx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #2

Autolevel anomaly

We’re on maiden voyage of new fiver with Ground Control 3.0 electric auto leveling system. Despite parking on board to get close to side to side level, when running auto leveling function it lifts tires off the ground! I abort operation and finish leveling manually. Wish I knew what I’m doing wrong.
berkashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #3

Just as a FYI - wheels off the ground has happened pretty frequently for me. Although I try and position the RV so that much lift isn't needed, I've had several camping trips where one (or sometimes both) wheels are off the ground.

Lots of people have lots of opinions on the matter, but it would only bother me if a wind storm of some sort was passing through.. In that case, I'd lower the rear jacks enough to get all the tires back on the ground..

Otherwise, it is pretty rock solid and hasn't damaged anything or felt unstable so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkashire View Post
We’re on maiden voyage of new fiver with Ground Control 3.0 electric auto leveling system. Despite parking on board to get close to side to side level, when running auto leveling function it lifts tires off the ground! I abort operation and finish leveling manually. Wish I knew what I’m doing wrong.
datx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by datx View Post
I'd like to think I'm a pretty observant guy, but I have just recently noticed when I auto-level my 29.5 BHDS that at some point during the process the right front leg is NOT TOUCHING THE !@#!@ GROUND??!!
datx, are you manually extending your front landing gear before you press "auto level"?

Here's what I do:

1. Manually lower front landing gear about 4" - 5".
2. Pull the pin on the front landing gear allowing the legs to hit the ground. Raise the legs by hand, insert a "lego" pad under each leg and lock into place.
3. Manually lower the landing gear enough to unhitch from the truck and move truck away.
4. Put "lego" pads under the rear leveler legs ( approximate ).
5. Press "auto level".

The rears will start to lower and I have time to center the lego pads under them.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #5

Had the exact problem; caused because the trailer was to far out of side-to-side level. Moved the trailer over and auto level worked fine.

Many other problems can occur with LCI Ground Control 3 Systems due to the sensitive nature of its electronics. Learn how to reset the Zero Level point, this resets the entire system and eliminates all kinds of errors that LCI doesn't have answer for, yet.