Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #1

Automatic Leveling system

Recently purchased a FLSA38 fifth wheel and still learning the ins and outs of the unit. My main issue is the automatic leveling system as I am continually having issues with the system going into an error mode. It tells me that there is an issue with the front leveling jack. Brought it into the dealer twice and both times am told that once they reset the system it works fine. Is there a manual for this system out there that I can access. What is provided by JAYCO is sparse to say the least and does not cover any of the codes or reset process. Help is appreciated.
Scott1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Hi , Yes there is a manual . Your system is made by lippert . If you call them they will send one to your email and you can print it.
culleokapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #3

Ask and watch what the dealer did to reset the system. That way you can do it yourself if need be.
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #4

Welcome to JOF and congratulations on the new 5er.

You can also download the manual from the Lippert website. The system has two different control panels though, so make sure you get the correct manual.

Not sure where you're getting the error, but are you nose high when you start the auto-level process? If not, that could be a part of the problem as, from experience, the system doesn't know how to react if you're level/nose down when starting.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #5

We had issues right out of the gate with our 38FLSA... after trial/error/troubleshooting, it ended up being our left front jack mechanically failed (internal worm gear). I replaced it (got the part warranty)... it has been nearly flawless since. The only time a have any issue is leveling in an extremely un level area. Understand when two jacks (left/right or front/back) are trying to both run/level for an extreme time, it can and will trip your main auto-reset 12v breaker. The amp draw is excessive (well over the 80 amps) for quite some time. I actually have a DC clamp on meter I used while troubleshooting it the first round.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

1. Support pin box on hitch,
2. manually retract all jacks,
3. extend all jacks 6",
4. retract all jacks,
5. shut board off,
6. turn board power on and drop front jacks and then hit auto level.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #7

We have been having the same issue - most of the time it is with the center jacks. Occasionally the rear but once we put blocks under them everything works fine. This last trip we received the same message but when wife checked using the leveler inside, it was level so we left them be. It is very frustrating because it seems to take longer to level than our previous unit.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

Exclamation

Yes > always slides IN whether auto or manually leveling the coach. And nobody inside moving around!

Next up > Losing Lippert Jack Control

i hadn't yet bought my dually when my trailer was delivered and the guy who parked us didn't know what he was doing. We got placed on a notable incline, got axle balanced, wheels on long pressure treated boards > and 100% level throughout the coach. BUT, the ding dong who showed up to back me onto this incline blocked the crap out of it and with 21" of hitch I could not hitch up. (19" hitch, 2" lower pinbox=21", of my B&W Companion 5th/goose could NOT hitch. The Lippert is not designed for inclination deployments and will you will lose control at the controller. Long story short, the LCI controller scrambled and got the front too low playing ping-pong with the front and center jacks SO the system jammed. Can't raise it, can't do anything, not hitched and trailer is out of balance 5% grade and i'm stuck. And this happened during Fire EVACs here in Lake County, California! SO, i will manually bypass the system to raise the front to hitch and perform a AUTO RET ALL. When the Lippert scrambles > you'll be stuck. But a drill and couple attachments can easily manually lower/raise any jack you need to do that > it's easy to get UNSTUCK and put it all back to normal > you can get unstuck inside an hour your first try. Corded/Cordless drill (i use Milwaukee M18 Fuel Impact) socket, flex socket, Allen wrench, & wobblys > and presto you're back in business. And, I did this during the current fire evac here in Lake County, California! Lippert's Step 1 is: to park trailer on a relatively LEVEL ground. This was a really good experience with my rig. With the Pinnacle’s length, few parks we have visited didn’t even have one spot for us plus you're not always going to get a well groomed LEVEL space. Recap: for incline docking & balance you will undoubtedly need to manually bypass the controller. And, it can happen on LEVEL ground!

#JustSayingAndTryingToHelp #EnjoyingMyPinnacle #LearnYourLippert

===========
2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA, now on 1st of 5 year extended warranty no issues
2003 Dodge RAM 3500 5.9 Automatic 3.73 RWD Dually 225,000 mi, MichelinLTX, BD_Exhaust Brake, 200_psi compressor, Firestone Airbags, Bilstein 5100's x 4, stock exhaust, no leaks, anywhere, clean exhaust, keep maintained, change oil 3,000.mi tow; 5,000.mi no-tow.
Truck weight: 8400 lbs. (full tank, mega tools, 40 Amp Generator, B&W, 10gal.Gas & 10gal.Diesel in bed.)

Trailer weight loaded: 15,800 lbs.
Total Truck/Trailer wet weight: 24,200 lbs. #JustFYI :-D
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #9

I would not waste a lot of time on the manuals ect.ect. Stuff as many blocks under the rear jacks possible.Manually pull pins front jack drop 6 holes replace pins. Should level about any where! Doing that last three years. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxx.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #10

Download the MyLCI app to your phone. It has all manuals and all trouble shooting for all LCI products.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote