Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2023, 12:45 PM   #1

Awning 2 will not retract, extends only

I must use a cordless drill to manually retract Awning 2. While this alleviates any urgency I do seek your advice to fix this quickly.

The problem appears no matter if I use the phone app, wall tablet or the wall push buttons below the tablet. Awning 1 works as it always has, it's only Awning 2 that will extend but will not retract.

I've removed the plastic cover and to expose the workings and see nothing loose (see photo). What additional troubleshooting steps should I take?
Attached Thumbnails
Awning2Motor.jpg  
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:25 PM   #2

Probably the control relay has failed. Those two lead wires carry the DC current to the motor, the polarity is reversed with opposite switch positions. I doubt the problem is at the motor or the wires leading to it. You could remove the connector at the motor, test each wire to see if you have current when the switch is pressed in one direction and when pressed in the opposite direction: a tester should indicate the polarity as -12V in one and 12V in the other if the everything is working properly. (Connect one probe of the tester to the red wire and the other lead to the white wire. You may be able to do this without removing the connector if your tester has a narrow needle probe and can reach the metal of the connector where the wires go.)
If you don't have power in each direction, then find the control relay board for your awnings and check the relays. I'm assuming you have relays because you mentioned remote and APP controls. The switch, remote, and App all trigger a relay to send power to the awning motor.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:49 PM   #3

I had same problem on my awning 1 on a 2021 eagle 319 mlok as said by nature 1st it’s the relay problem with that is the relay is inside the bmpro node box in the basement solder onto the node board so unless you feel comfortable opening up the node box find the replacement relay and changing it out. If not dealer will tell you the node needs replacing which is pricey.
2018 Jayflight 28 RLS (traded)
langewi is offline   Reply With Quote