Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #1

Awning opening, possible issue, 2018 377 RLBH

My awning opens with a very strange back and forth motion of the part that is at the back end of the awning. I have attached a very short video showing this. I am wondering if this is normal behavior.
Thanks for any feedback
Van Sayler
2018 377RLBH

https://youtu.be/wHLr3dk8jGw
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #2

The one on my dining slide was doing that. It was missing a screw that holds the black piece to the awning tube. Put a new one in and tighten up all the others and that fixed mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

^what Jason said.

You’re missing a screw to the roller tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #4

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #5

Here is a picture of the awning end. There are two screws on the part that attaches to the roller tube (left side of this picture), both were in. I was able tighten one a little bit, the other one was tight. But it still rocks, perhaps slightly less. Is there something inside the cover on the right side that I should tighten??
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1041.jpg  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #6

My big one does same thing. Jayco service center said they fixed it but still will not fully close. It rocks back and forth while closing and it hangs up just short of fully closed. The support arms will overlap when fully closed unless I push sideways on the arm just as it fully closes. It was to windy to open it when I picked it up from the service center. The end cap has two screws and I added two. The cap is square with same dimension all around on the tube. Without pulling it all apart it appears the end cap part that sits in the motor is off center and that causes the rocking as it turns. Of course it rocks off to the side just before fully closed causing the arm to overlap and not fully close.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #7

My large awing does the same thing, I was missing a screw thinking that would fix it so we put 4 rivets in it since the 2nd screw was 90% out also. Took it to another dealer as my service center that was normal and the other dealer said the arms were bent. He had to make some adjustments now it is 95% better. The next issue you will see happen next is when you push the extend button the arms will move like an inch and the awning will start to unroll but not extend. I am told again this is normal which I don't buy but cannot seem to get this fixed. Frustrating that I have to use 2 people to extend the awning, one pushing the button and the other pulling the arms out so it goes out.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
The next issue you will see happen next is when you push the extend button the arms will move like an inch and the awning will start to unroll but not extend. I am told again this is normal which I don't buy but cannot seem to get this fixed. Frustrating that I have to use 2 people to extend the awning, one pushing the button and the other pulling the arms out so it goes out.
I have experienced this myself quite often. I tend to use the remote to open and close them that way I can keep an eye on what they are doing and make manual adjustments as necessary.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

There have been instances where I've receive more useful product operation/adjustment information from the actual product manufacture then Jayco or the Jayco dealership.

For example: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-52442.html

Contact a service tech at Solera (Lippert) and forward them your video. I assume you have the Solera awning.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #10

Make sure the track mounted to the Rv is straight up and down. They moved my forward mount but it still is not square with the rear mount. That will be my next tweek to see if that helps any.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote