Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #21

First Off, Thank you for your service Brother... The home base for RV one is here in Albany NY. (Albany RV,) I have seen first hand the way they treat people. Some of my friends have been "screwed" by these guy's...I hope you make out. Don Strollo is based out of Albany, NY. I wish I had the phone number handy, but I do not....
Good Luck
Paul
Old 01-31-2018, 05:33 PM   #22

I am sorry for the issues you had. Problem is the dealer is not responsible for a short schedule on your part (yes, I am retired military so understand the issues).

Yes, they probably did not care how long you had for a PDI, or if you even got to do one. After the PDI and you sign the papers it is yours. If there was damage enroute caused by their delivery service, then you can make a claim with the delivery service. Storage issues and such on your end are your problem, not the dealer's.

Not trying to be an butt, it's just that most of this seems to be your problem, not the dealer's.

Now, maybe, if you had in writing, a specific delivery date that was in the contract, and they missed that date due to no problems presented by you, then you may have a case to take to court. Otherwise you have just learned a lesson.

If there are warranty issues with the RV, then handle them as anyone else would. Go to a local dealer who will do warranty work, or, call Jayco and have them authorize the work to be done.

So, why did you order from RVOne instead of getting one locally?
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:07 PM   #23

So the dealership should free to go without any pushback when they have repeated failures in communication and follow through? Actions, or lack thereof, have consequences and I'm not asking them for a lot. I'm asking for simple, timely communication and they're failing. I went with that dealership back home because I thought that just maybe, I'd get better service all around buying in the midwest. I've been stationed in SoCal for almost 4 years now and there is nothing here that indicates good business/personal relationships. Bottom line? I thought the people in Iowa were better than the people in California. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmcla View Post
So I'll summarize the best I can: Bought the unit in October 2017 when I was home on leave. Paid over $3000 to have it transported to Camp Pendleton in November. That gave them a little over a month to get the logistics/transport nailed down. 1st delivery date came, no trailer. Contacted RVOne and the unit was never picked up. Same thing with the second delivery date...no phone calls to me letting me know things changed. At that point I got the number to the transport guy located in New York, then subsequently got the number to the actual shipping company based in Florida. Finally got good word through talking with the transport company (all after repeated failures of RVOne to "call me back"). Unit shows up, I look over the outside and there's no visible damage from transport. RVOne never gave the driver the keys to my unit, so it sat (unlocked) for 3 days while the keys were sent. In that time the battery was taken from the unit and all curious folks on Camp Pendleton were free to go-on in and explore. A few did, as I noted boot prints inside that weren't mine. Keys showed up, I got a new battery and was able to take better look inside. The wires to the master bed t.v. were cut (my unit was the demo model at an RV show in Des Moines), there are wires hanging down underneath the unit in the back (still don't know what they go to). While the unit was still in DSM I asked them to get me a quote for a washer/dryer install and several days later I got an email saying the washer/dryer was installed...I asked several times if he was sure...aftet the unit got here, no washer/dryer. Now full disclosure, I didn't pay for a washer/dryer to be installed just assumed it was their attempt at making right on the delivery fiasco.

The two missed delivery dates cost me $800 as I took leave for those two days and scheduled clients from my second owner/operator business, and I'd scheduled clients around the delivery times which never happened.

Currently there's radio silence from RVOne after my BBB response to their response...it basically said "not good enough RVOne". They didn't offer to make anything right...that's the story.

No phone calls is totally on them. Missing delivery dates, that's an industry wide problem. They are selling so many units there are not enough independent operators to deliver them. They May of done all the could to get the unit shipped (this is part of the reason we picked it up in Middlebury, Ind) $3000 is typical for delivery to the west coast.
They shipped the unit unlocked with no keys? Typically they ship locked. They could of next day aired them to you. I may of parked a vehicle next to it, so doors could not be opened or figured a way to lock it up, even if I had to lock it from inside and crawl out a window (which is less obvious it's open).

I agree they are not very service oriented and I think we have heard that time and again. When I was doing my online "shopping" I contacted them and RV Express....I found RV express much more responsive to my questions etc. I understand your PDI time frame, but, it's not usual for these appointments to run behind, if the guy before you has more issues/questions etc. May of been better to someone with more time, and perhaps more experience do the PDI rather than try and rush it.

It appears there are not many real issues with the RV itself..I doubt you will get much satisfaction from RV One on late delivery or other issues.

If I was you, I would contact Jayco if there are any product issues, write your letters and vent, and then move on with life. This is probably not the hill to die on.

We all feel for everything you went through, but don't let this consume you...

Semper Fi..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
No phone calls is totally on them. Missing delivery dates, that's an industry wide problem. They are selling so many units there are not enough independent operators to deliver them. They May of done all the could to get the unit shipped (this is part of the reason we picked it up in Middlebury, Ind) $3000 is typical for delivery to the west coast.
They shipped the unit unlocked with no keys? Typically they ship locked. They could of next day aired them to you. I may of parked a vehicle next to it, so doors could not be opened or figured a way to lock it up, even if I had to lock it from inside and crawl out a window (which is less obvious it's open).

I agree they are not very service oriented and I think we have heard that time and again. When I was doing my online "shopping" I contacted them and RV Express....I found RV express much more responsive to my questions etc. I understand your PDI time frame, but, it's not usual for these appointments to run behind, if the guy before you has more issues/questions etc. May of been better to someone with more time, and perhaps more experience do the PDI rather than try and rush it.

It appears there are not many real issues with the RV itself..I doubt you will get much satisfaction from RV One on late delivery or other issues.

If I was you, I would contact Jayco if there are any product issues, write your letters and vent, and then move on with life. This is probably not the hill to die on.

We all feel for everything you went through, but don't let this consume you...

Semper Fi..
It's just a thorn in my side at this point. Bigger and better things to focus on. All those are good ideas and learning is occurring, it's just that time is the one resource there isn't enough of (preaching to the choir I'm sure). Anyways, I'll probably still throw a jab or two at RVOne because I'm hard headed like that, but then it's onwards and upwards. I appreciate the time everyone took to respond. Y'all have a great rest of the week and God bless. Semper Fidelis.

Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:14 PM   #26

I would highly recommend you contact the Des Moines Register and the local television stations. Explain what has transpired and your attempts to get a response from the dealer. I would also make it clear you are a Marine, were in Des Moines on leave when you saw the unit and made the purchase. The dealer rushed your inspection, knowing you had to make a flight to return to your base, there were issues with delivery and have been non-responsive. Having worked in media, I'm sure at least one media outlet will pick this up and you will be contacted by the dealer who will crawl thru broken glass to get your issues addressed.

Please use your position as a member of the military to get this straight. You are entitled to being treated much better than the dealer has done.

Also, JAG should be able to advise you on what your options are. If not, they should be able to point you to a source for legal advice.

And make sure you contact Jayco. Again make it clear you're a Marine, purchased their unit due to their reputation, what you were looking for, etc.

Please keep everyone posted on what you follow thru with and the end results.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM   #27

The only reason to buy from RV1 is price! Don't expect anything after the sale. I have been there myself. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote