Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #1

Bad dealership experience

Morning folks. Looking for some ideas here for next steps with a non-responsive dealership.

Short version of the story: RVOne in Des Moines, IA. Screwed up the delivery to Camp Pendleton, of my 2018 Seismic twice causing the chain reactions in logistics, storage, etc. on my end. Once it got here I noticed several issues that weren't seen at PDI (done while home on leave, and in about 20 minutes due to a flight back to Pendleton. Dealership waited me out at the PDI). RVOne has been un-responsive at best when I've called for resolution...they just never call back and the people I need are never at work. I've looked for contact information to RVOne HQ, or any one of the Strollo brothers to ask them what kind of show they're running, but their contact info is never available (coincidence?).

What I've already done: Filed a complaint with BBB, which they responded to about a week later. I responded to their rebuttal about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I am out of time to leave the ball in their court. I'm thinking of Yelping them, putting an article in the newspaper, and placing one in an RV magazine. Does anyone have any other ideas....I do not have the time or money to sink into a court battle. Admittedly a lot of this is about the principle of "zero" service after sale, and that it infuriates me to be ignored after I held up my end of the deal and bought the doggone thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Since you are a considerable distance from Iowa and the selling dealer is unresponsive you could contact Jayco to see if a local authorized service could do the repairs. Dealers may be reluctant if not bought from them but independent rv tech may do the job. Either way I would contact Jayco since the dealer will not respond.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:10 AM   #3

Another example of a rushed pdi and missed issues. Are you saying that you are tying to schedule an appointment for warranty work and they won’t make an appointment? In any case, I would absolutely do as crabman suggests.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Another example of a rushed pdi and missed issues. Are you saying that you are tying to schedule an appointment for warranty work and they won’t make an appointment? In any case, I would absolutely do as crabman suggests.
Negative, not trying to make an appointment with them. I'm simply looking for some avknowledgement and/or compensation for my wasted time and missed wages. I'm going full-time in my TH tomorrow and will figure out how to handle the issues. I don't know how to have it worked on/take it somewhere if it's my home. I scheduled the PDI date/time 1 week in advance and followed up twice before the date/time, to make sure they understood my time constraint. When I got there for PDI, their tech was "unavailable" for 1 1/2 hours, leaving me about 30 minutes before I had to be at the airport.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:45 AM   #5

Enjoy your new Jayco... sure wish I could afford one like that.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #6

Will do Sir. It's a real nice unit and I definitely don't feel grown-up enough to afford it...but somehow I've got it and am making payments. Just really need to get this dealership issue figured out. It's quite possible that I'm just expecting too much from a business in the civilian sector...haven't figured out that part yet.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmcla View Post
Will do Sir. It's a real nice unit and I definitely don't feel grown-up enough to afford it...but somehow I've got it and am making payments. Just really need to get this dealership issue figured out. It's quite possible that I'm just expecting too much from a business in the civilian sector...haven't figured out that part yet.

You are not expecting too much but unfortunately customer service for the most part really stinks in the rv industry. IMO getting compensation for lost time or wages will be a tall order. But keep us informed, would love to see you get it.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 AM   #8

Solid copy. Good to know, and my intention is to ratchet up the pressure on RVOne to either make it right, or be okay with their company image getting run ragged for all to see. Time will tell, but the more they don't respond, the more focused and driven I get. I can only assume they don't understand that I'm coming back home to Iowa soon, and will be seeing them in person...we shall see.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:23 AM   #9

Best of luck in your pursuits.

Use caution when defaming anyone or any company. There have been lawsuits won by companies against customers for libelous tweets, posts, and other social media comments.

"The American Bar Association now has the ability to check the social media accounts of jurors. Social media has become so integral in our daily lives, and now the court has decided to use what we say as evidence!

Unfortunately, nothing we say online is private. Once it’s posted, almost anyone can see it. It’s hard to predict the long-term effects of our posts, but cases show us that it’s a good idea to keep private information, angry comments, and negative opinions of others off social media."
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #10

If you think you have a good argument present it to Trailer Life magazine. They may help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #11

Your experience is exactly why I like to go with a smaller dealer. They know the only edge they have over the "super stores" is service.
NH_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #12

I appreciate everyone's feedback. The things I go public with will be strictly facts. Facts are stubborn things and I believe the burden of reconciliation will be on the dealership. I don't mind grinding it out with them. I DO mind being gaffed off once my money is spent for/on a service that is no longer being provided.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #13

Learning lessons the hard way (as usual) about the big rv dealerships. I suppose as long as learning is occurring there's a silver lining. If this can keep just one person from wasting their time, money and effort, then I believe it to be worth it.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_camper View Post
Your experience is exactly why I like to go with a smaller dealer. They know the only edge they have over the "super stores" is service.
Many, many dittoes.
After the fact advice, my friend, but I had similar issues with that franchise.
If you contact Jayco and tell them what you do for a living they might authorize another dealership to do the work.
By all means, good luck, and thank you for your service.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:28 PM   #15

What are your issues ? If it's warranty then anyone can handle that. Contact Jayco and see who they recommend, even mobile service companies.

Give us a hint as to the issue with RVone. I went with RV Express, a similar company and had no issues. They also own Richerland ( I think that's the name) RV dealership in California. One of the largest jayco dealers in the country.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Why get exciting about those things? Everyone knows the RV industry grabs your money and run. The only way they will learn if all consumers (the want ones) wouldn't buy their products for a year. Then this industry will ask themselves where did we go wrong.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
Many, many dittoes.
After the fact advice, my friend, but I had similar issues with that franchise.
If you contact Jayco and tell them what you do for a living they might authorize another dealership to do the work.
By all means, good luck, and thank you for your service.
Solid copy and I appreciate that. I'll touch base with Jayco and see who/what they recommend for these issues, and any issues going forward.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
What are your issues ? If it's warranty then anyone can handle that. Contact Jayco and see who they recommend, even mobile service companies.

Give us a hint as to the issue with RVone. I went with RV Express, a similar company and had no issues. They also own Richerland ( I think that's the name) RV dealership in California. One of the largest jayco dealers in the country.

Good Luck.
So I'll summarize the best I can: Bought the unit in October 2017 when I was home on leave. Paid over $3000 to have it transported to Camp Pendleton in November. That gave them a little over a month to get the logistics/transport nailed down. 1st delivery date came, no trailer. Contacted RVOne and the unit was never picked up. Same thing with the second delivery date...no phone calls to me letting me know things changed. At that point I got the number to the transport guy located in New York, then subsequently got the number to the actual shipping company based in Florida. Finally got good word through talking with the transport company (all after repeated failures of RVOne to "call me back"). Unit shows up, I look over the outside and there's no visible damage from transport. RVOne never gave the driver the keys to my unit, so it sat (unlocked) for 3 days while the keys were sent. In that time the battery was taken from the unit and all curious folks on Camp Pendleton were free to go-on in and explore. A few did, as I noted boot prints inside that weren't mine. Keys showed up, I got a new battery and was able to take better look inside. The wires to the master bed t.v. were cut (my unit was the demo model at an RV show in Des Moines), there are wires hanging down underneath the unit in the back (still don't know what they go to). While the unit was still in DSM I asked them to get me a quote for a washer/dryer install and several days later I got an email saying the washer/dryer was installed...I asked several times if he was sure...aftet the unit got here, no washer/dryer. Now full disclosure, I didn't pay for a washer/dryer to be installed just assumed it was their attempt at making right on the delivery fiasco.

The two missed delivery dates cost me $800 as I took leave for those two days and scheduled clients from my second owner/operator business, and I'd scheduled clients around the delivery times which never happened.

Currently there's radio silence from RVOne after my BBB response to their response...it basically said "not good enough RVOne". They didn't offer to make anything right...that's the story.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM   #19

Warranty Experence

Our experience once you sign off its Austa La Vista Baby.We have a 16 321 RST Eagle 28 months into ownership still waiting on final warranty repairs.Jayco's claim to fame is. They have little or I think no control over dealer warranty repairs. Best of Luck that's the RV world!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #20

Hoping you got a great deal at RV One......
Their service suks.
They are ALL about selling, that’s it.
But talk with Jayco and they will get you taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote