Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #1

Bathroom Shower Leak

I own a 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS. I just noticed a very small water leak at the base of the shower frame on the outside where it runs along the bathroom floor.
Anyone have experience with this? Could a fix be a waterproof silicone sealant where the shower meets the floor? Thoughts?
CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #2

Had eagle that did the same. The shower wall and pan were spaced to far apart. Sealed along it and no more leak.
hymanykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #3

Same leak with my Kiwi. Turns out the plastic piece that diverts the water to the respective temp knobs had a split along a seam. Water leaked down the inside wall and out the bottom. Easy fix but a bugger to find the leak.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #4

One other place to look. On ours one of the glass panels was not sealed at the bottom so water would leak under it. A quick smear of caulk fixed it.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #5

My wife and I noticed that the small stream of water was running forward along the outside of the shower on the floor towards bathroom vanity! Last night we decided to check the onboard IPad to see if the Pinnacle was level! It wasn’t!!! We balanced the entire rig and the water stream stopped!
Later on after the Pinnacle was level we noticed that the bedroom carpet was damp/ wet on the other side of the bathroom wall! In a little over 24 hours it has lessened and gotten smaller but still has a way to go before it completely drys!
I’m hoping that the leveling of the Pinnacle solved the leak issue and that the bedroom carpet dries!

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #6

Shower Leak Picture

Picture of water leak outside shower along floor
Attached Thumbnails
17F6531B-92A0-4C42-BEDB-870C2A484399.jpg  
Old 05-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #7

I would find the source of the leak. It sounds like you just made it so the water flowed another direction. You should have no leaks even with it out of level by quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodGuy View Post
My wife and I noticed that the small stream of water was running forward along the outside of the shower on the floor towards bathroom vanity! Last night we decided to check the onboard IPad to see if the Pinnacle was level! It wasn’t!!! We balanced the entire rig and the water stream stopped!
Later on after the Pinnacle was level we noticed that the bedroom carpet was damp/ wet on the other side of the bathroom wall! In a little over 24 hours it has lessened and gotten smaller but still has a way to go before it completely drys!
I’m hoping that the leveling of the Pinnacle solved the leak issue and that the bedroom carpet dries!

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote