Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #1

Batteries, Refrigerator door sealing, Satellite wiring

Trying to decide which way I want to go with batteries.
Looking at 2 Lithium Ion from BattleBorn 100 Ah.
Jayco installed a Progressive 4500 Series Power Distribution Center with 90 amp.
Has anyone switched to LiFe batts without changing the charge / converter? any issues?
Really like that the LiFe are about 31 lbs. instead of 95 lbs for wet cell batt. Which inverter do you recommend? we have a 2 way refrigerator so power consumption for cooling is not the issue.
Have NorCold 4 door refrigerator (2 way) the door seal flap for the left lower door does not return to fully seal against the right door, We have to open the right door and pull the flap into place.
Any suggestions?
The satellite connection for input from antenna does not power up the dish.
Did Jayco install the correct splitters which allow power from receiver to the dish?
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2016 F350 Powerstroke SWR 4X4 short box
Rick Finke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #2

I have the Progressive 4500 series in my ‘16 NP with res fridge and 2 Battleborn batteries. I’ve had no problems. I emailed progressive and they said it’s compatible for the lifepo batteries. You just have to push the “boost” button on the converter/charger when you arrive and plug in.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Finke View Post
Jayco installed a Progressive 4500 Series Power Distribution Center with 90 amp.
Has anyone switched to LiFe batts without changing the charge / converter? any issues?
Really like that the LiFe are about 31 lbs. instead of 95 lbs for wet cell batt. Which inverter do you recommend? we have a 2 way refrigerator so power consumption for cooling is not the issue.
Have NorCold 4 door refrigerator (2 way) the door seal flap for the left lower door does not return to fully seal against the right door, We have to open the right door and pull the flap into place.
Any suggestions?
Did Jayco install the correct splitters which allow power from receiver to the dish?
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
The boost button is small and next to the green blinking light in the lower right hand area of the charger/converter.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Finke View Post
Any suggestions?
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
I originally put in 2 - 125Ah AGM but have now switched to the Battleborn.

With AGM you can only discharge them to 50% without degrading them so my 250Ah is only 125Ah usable, plus 140 pounds, plus they charge fast to 80% and then get really slow.

3 Battleborn is 300Ah and I can use all 300Ah, plus they weight 90 pounds and charge fast all the way. It’s almost like having an extra solar panel, only downside is cost but to me is worth it. By the way buy them direct from Battleborn and if you buy multiple batteries you can usually get a good discount.

I have a PD 4500 with a 60 amp converter, it never seemed to finish charging the Battleborn’s. I called PD and asked if I could buy the Li converter they sell and swap it in, they said yes and gave me a retailer to call. Very easy swap and now they charge up all the way no problem
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote