Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper Rick View Post
Thanks Earl
You may be on to something. I have 120 v but 12 volt is not getting to the thermostat which would lock down the a c. Right? I will trace 12 back to converter tomorrow and post the results.
I haven't toyed with Colman but on dometic ac units they have 12v to the control and the board sends voltage down to the t-stat if I recall. Not sure how Colman does it. Check the control box for a wiring print.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #22

When our dealer installed our house battery they shorted it to ground momentarily. The next day we had a dead house battery. I did some on-line research and found the battery short could blow the three 25amp fuses on the converter...disabling the battery charging function. Sure enough, new fuses and everything was charging properly. Incidentally this was on our Jayco 29mv.
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #23

I would hook up a voltmeter and Pull fuses one by one by And at least narrow down a circuit.

Also take a test light, disconnect your negative terminal on the house battery, and then clip the test light onto the disconnected negative terminal cable then touch the test light on to the neg battery terminal if the test light lights up you could have a short to ground that’s putting the drain on your battery.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapchen View Post
When our dealer installed our house battery they shorted it to ground momentarily. The next day we had a dead house battery. I did some on-line research and found the battery short could blow the three 25amp fuses on the converter...disabling the battery charging function. Sure enough, new fuses and everything was charging properly. Incidentally this was on our Jayco 29mv.
Thanks. That was my issue also
camper Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Breaker to converter on? Converter fuses good? Converter work or is it bad? Sounds like your converter isn't working.

Earl
I had the issue of not charging the battery. Found that the DC cables connected to the converter were loose at the converter. Tighten the cables and everything worked fine.
Keith T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #26

I had an issue with my batteries not charging, the battery disconnect was flipped. Switched it and no problems.

On a related issue, we now have a recall on the battery disconnect being improperly wired. It says that interior lights stay connected and should not be. I’m taking it to the dealer on Wednesday. They say it should be done quickly, I hope it’s done before summer is over....lol.

2017 Eagle 291rsts.