Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2023, 02:22 PM   #1

Question Bedroom Roof Vent Fan

We have a 2022 Jayco Eagle 28.5RSTS that came with a simple manual crank roof vent, no fan, in the bedroom. We would like to install a vent with fan. I removed the inside flange cover, looking for pre-wiring. All I found was an access junction for 110v. Really! No 12V? With out uncovering the 110v cover, does anyone know if there is 12V pre-wiring available somewhere up there? There is also a 1/8" paneling cover stapled to the opposite side of the 14x14 opening facing towards the TV 12v power and antennae stuff. I wonder if there is a channel or wiring under there??

I really can't believe there's not 12v wiring there for a normal vent fan like Fan-Tastic or similar fans.

Anyone know more about adding a 12v after market vent w/fan on this model?

tia
_mark
mdrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 02:52 PM   #2

If there is no 12 Volt pre-wire can't you just grab power from a nearby ceiling light?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 05:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrafn View Post
We have a 2022 Jayco Eagle 28.5RSTS that came with a simple manual crank roof vent, no fan, in the bedroom. We would like to install a vent with fan. I removed the inside flange cover, looking for pre-wiring. All I found was an access junction for 110v. Really! No 12V? With out uncovering the 110v cover, does anyone know if there is 12V pre-wiring available somewhere up there? There is also a 1/8" paneling cover stapled to the opposite side of the 14x14 opening facing towards the TV 12v power and antennae stuff. I wonder if there is a channel or wiring under there??

I really can't believe there's not 12v wiring there for a normal vent fan like Fan-Tastic or similar fans.

Anyone know more about adding a 12v after market vent w/fan on this model?

tia
_mark
I went through this exact thing on my 2020 HT 30.5 CKTS. That vent opening area has 120V, on mine at least, because it was prepped for a second AC.
I'm not sure of your exact floorplan, but my bathroom fan wasn't far away. I was able to snake new wires through the attic to the supply for the bathroom fan. I replaced my entire junk vent with a MaxxAir 4 speed vent, though it is not the remote control version.
The tricky part was modifying the existing garnish trim because I could not find a new one one tall enough to avoid a gap.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:59 PM   #4

Use the wiring that is there, itís for the optional 2nd AC. Find the other end it in the breaker panel and unhook it. (Probably the black isnít hooked to a breaker anyway)
Use the wires and connect them to the 12v side of the panel. Now you have 12v at the vent.
Get a Max Air fan with a remote and a motorized cover that can stay open in the rain.
Done.
Stolen>>2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW<<Stolen

2024 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 12:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah - but trying to snake thru the insulated roof could be problematic. Sounds like that's what I'll need to do
Old 05-15-2023, 12:33 PM   #6

ah Hah! Great idea ... now I just need to find the other ends !!

Tags
28.5rsts, fan, roof, vent, wiring