Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2021, 04:40 PM   #21

On this same subject. It will be a few months until the snow is gone and the cover comes off, what about waxing the decals on my 2020 Greyhawk? Used Turtle Wax paste on the cab before winter but that was as far as I got. Being new last year it's never been waxed. Just wondering whether wax could hurt the decals.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #22

Rejex??

Bought some Rejex to apply to our Greenaway. DH says that it leaves a film which doesn’t go away after application. I can see the swirls on the side, from where he applied it. Any suggestions?? Are we applying it wrong?? Applying it like any other car wax.

"People will forget what you did or what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel" ! Maya Angelou
Bonnshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #23

RV wax / sealant TURTLE WAX

Watch out for the "ceramic" price gouging! Many are overpriced snake oil.....

I also like the Turtle Wax ceramic spray wax / wet wax products. Easy application and seems durable. Very reasonably priced at Wal-E-World. One bottle will do my 36' 5er 2x. Use it on EVERYTHING.

I had a damaged decal I was replacing on my door and my test decal literally would not stick to the surface treated 4 weeks ago. Did a good thorough Isopropanol alcohol wipe and the decal stuck well.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #24
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnshack View Post
Bought some Rejex to apply to our Greenaway. DH says that it leaves a film which doesn’t go away after application. I can see the swirls on the side, from where he applied it. Any suggestions?? Are we applying it wrong?? Applying it like any other car wax.
I have never, in 7+ years of using Rejex has a film left and I was told by at least two RV Detailers NOT to use machines to polish after applying any type of wax, rejex, what-ever. The finish on RVs is too thin and you end up with swirl marks in the finish.

Call Rejex (Rejex.com) and ask them about the “film”..

BTW I use Rejex on my Jeep, Lexus, Honda Pioneer and RV. Never had a film.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #25

I have been using Rejex for 2 years on my front cap. Never had any swirl marks. I did find that if you apply it to heavy it is difficult to remove. I then took a light duty auto hand held power buffer to remove the residue.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #26
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
I have been using Rejex for 2 years on my front cap. Never had any swirl marks. I did find that if you apply it to heavy it is difficult to remove. I then took a light duty auto hand held power buffer to remove the residue.

I thought the same but do a close inspection at different light angles. You may be surprised. Your buffer may be different than that used by detailers.

And, yes it takes very little Rejex in the application. A 16oz bottle will do a 37 foot toyhauler, a Chevy crew cab and a Lexus with some left over.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote