Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2021, 10:00 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Camp Chef...

I have a Traeger at the sticks/bricks - it is slightly better than the Camp Chef, but not portable.
I thought about getting the CampChef for the camper, but it a little bit bigger than than the Green Mountain. That's both a good thing and a bad thing, at the same time.

That Camp Chef smoker / grill is a nice unit for sure...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:14 AM   #42

I have the Blackstone 22" griddle that I hook into the propane quick connect. We love this for cooking breakfast and a hot lunch. I also use a Pit Boss smoker with folding legs. It is perfect if we want smoke a brisket or any other meat while camping. It also doubles as grill for burgers and anything you would cook on a grill. The Pit Boss fits nicely in the front compartment where the generator would have gone.

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #43

We cook at home with a pellet grill. We actually have 3 of them, and now four. Santa delivered this beauty today. We had researched this unit from a thread here months ago, and i thought we had dropped the idea, as most campgrounds have grills, and I was trying to save weight. Turns out mama likes cooking on our pellet grills at home too much, and just had to have it.
Attached Thumbnails
20211225_143730[1].jpg  
Old 12-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
.... Turns out mama likes cooking on our pellet grills at home too much, and just had to have it.
LOL. Same here with the DW. She LOVES pulled pork, and so I had to figure out how to make that while camping.

The AS300 was the "portable" smoker that got me to looking. I think that's a great unit, and is definitely lighter weight than where we ended up with the Davy Crockett (now Trek) by GMG.

I love smoking while camping...
Old 12-25-2021, 04:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
LOL. Same here with the DW. She LOVES pulled pork, and so I had to figure out how to make that while camping.

The AS300 was the "portable" smoker that got me to looking. I think that's a great unit, and is definitely lighter weight than where we ended up with the Davy Crockett (now Trek) by GMG.

I love smoking while camping...
We are new at "glamping", but love smoking. Put the meat on early, go to the pool and have multiple drinks, come home and it's done. In the meanwhile, you piss off the neighbors with the wonderful smell, lol.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
...In the meanwhile, you piss off the neighbors with the wonderful smell, lol.
All part of camping!!

With the GMG grill, I can actually monitor the progress remotely, while on the lake, and I raise or lower the temp as needed without even being there. It's the bomb!!!