Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckfisher View Post
My TT has a full size queen. It came the premier bedding. I also purchased the memory foam topper from Campers World and I just can't find anything that suits me for any length of time.
Can someone please tell me if a regular queen mattress will fit in place of the rv mattress. Is there any difference other than maybe weight?
My biggest problem is that I am a full timer and I don't think the rv mattress is made for everyday use.
Thanks
When you bought the topper was it for an RV queen or standard queen? My mattress is 60 x 80 which is a standard mattress size. Mine is on a slide and does go right up against a dresser when closed. You could probably get away with the increased weight depending on material or consider a Sleep number.

If you have under bed storage you might need to brace the lift system with added weight.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
When you bought the topper was it for an RV queen or standard queen? My mattress is 60 x 80 which is a standard mattress size. Mine is on a slide and does go right up against a dresser when closed. You could probably get away with the increased weight depending on material or consider a Sleep number.

If you have under bed storage you might need to brace the lift system with added weight.
Back in the TT and I cant seem to locate a tape measure but i know i ordered the short queen mattress topper and it was to short. I had to return it and get a regular queen. I suppose that would be a regular home queen?

speckfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:06 AM   #13

Just checked and my bed is 60x80.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #14

Both of my Jayco 5th wheels came with a standard 60x80 mattress. I bought a good Sealey a number of years ago and this is my 3rd camper that I've used it in. The Cougar TT that I had before the 2 Jaycos had a 60x76 queen bed and the longer mattress was not well supported at the foot end so I had to replace the hinged board under it with a longer one. That sounds like probably the best solution to your problem - you'll just have to remember to raise the foot of the bed to clear the dresser before sliding it in.
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdixon View Post
Both of my Jayco 5th wheels came with a standard 60x80 mattress. I bought a good Sealey a number of years ago and this is my 3rd camper that I've used it in. The Cougar TT that I had before the 2 Jaycos had a 60x76 queen bed and the longer mattress was not well supported at the foot end so I had to replace the hinged board under it with a longer one. That sounds like probably the best solution to your problem - you'll just have to remember to raise the foot of the bed to clear the dresser before sliding it in.
Raising the bed is a good idea for travel.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #16

We also had the regular normal standard mattress. It comfy enough but we added a foam mattress purchased from Walmart for an insane amount of money but boy, I get the best sleep in that bed! LOVE IT

http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote