Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #1

Bigfoot auto levelers

Anyone have any Experience on Bigfoot auto levelers on a fifth wheel? Would you go with four point or six point ? The DW doesn't like all the movement in the rig and from what I read it will take most of the movement out. The rig is a 36reqs pinnacle the actual length is about 40 this is why I was considering the 6pt.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #2

I would definitely go with the six point leveler. Those two "feet" in the middle of the fiver will take most of the bounce out of it. The two in front and back take out the sway and back-and-forth movement. Without the two in the middle, you will still have bounce and jiggle.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the input, I was leaning that way. Most of the time when you don't do it right the first time you usually regret it . I am only about two hours from the factory in three rivers I am thinking of taking a drive down one day to talk to them at Bigfoot .
Old 01-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton4971 View Post
I am only about two hours from the factory in three rivers I am thinking of taking a drive down one day to talk to them at Bigfoot .
That's where I went in 2001 to have them installed on our DESIGNER class "C". They do a great job and it is a great company to deal with.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Thanks grumpy, that's good to know
Old 01-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

does anybody know if your Abel to lift the wheels off the ground with this system?
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

I talked to the people at Bigfoot yesterday and had a list of questions since I am thinking of putting their system on . To answer your question yes you can. They told me you could use it to change your tire if needed.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #8

how long dose the system take to get the trailer to level from the time you hit the auto level button?
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy1ton View Post
how long dose the system take to get the trailer to level from the time you hit the auto level button?

From the video on u tube it looks pretty fast. Friday I am taking a road trip to the plant at White Pigeon MI . Should know for sure which way I will be going after my visit .
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #10

Bigfoot auto levelers

Yesterday I made a road trip to Bigfoot in White Pigeon Michigan. With a week of searching the web I couldn't find anyone that has installed a system on the Pinnacle . The sales rep Brandon was very friendly and helpful took DW and I a tour of the facility to see how everything was made and assembled.the Bigfoot is definitely heavy duty . After the tour we went to the north building where they do the install and frame mods on the big rigs. The installer and person in charge was Jim and you could tell he knew his stuff. I had brought pictures and he took me step by step as to what he was going to do . My main concern was the front jacks it looked like Jayco built the rig around them . Looks like he is going to have to take part of the front off to get to them and install the hyd in its place.
I left the plant with a invoice and a feeling I made the right choice. As soon as I get a break in the weather I am taking the rig down as of now we are snowed in. I will post pictures when done. May be a few weeks if it don't stop snowing. The system I am getting is a 6-Pt auto level
Old 01-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #11

Clayton you won't regret your purchase. I had the 4 point BF on a 29.5 HitchHiker LS I bought used. The original owner had it installed at Quadra's facility in Michigan. Despite the fact the trailer frame was only an 8" Lippert I-beam, the system worked flawlessly, the trailer did not break in half, and I enjoyed the convenience of setup. Only downside due to the aftermarket installation was the right front leveler had to be installed where the LP compartment was located, resulting in the loss of one 30 lb tank, but it was never a problem for me. Quadra's customer service is also outstanding, should you encounter a problem on the road.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:30 AM   #12

Got a break in the weather and took the Pinnacle down to Bigfoot in White Pigeon Michigan to get started installing the six point hydraulic leveling system should be picking it up by the first of next week . Looking forward to trying it out. Will post pictures when I get it home
Old 03-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #13

How much did the system cost you installed, if you don't mind me asking?
west0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #14

West it wasn't cheap I ended up out the door $5,100 it is a lot cheaper when you get it as a option when buying your rig . I am really pleased with the system and it is definitely heavy duty. Some of the cost was to have a dealer remove some of the front trim so they could weld the front mounting brackets on . Their was also a savings for purchasing in January. The two front jacks are 17,000 lb each for 34,000 and four 12,000 jacks for another 48,000lb I don't think I will have a problem if I need to change a tire [emoji4] when I got it home I pulled the truck out the wife did the rest . That's her job now [emoji4]