Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Black tank anti siphon valve location 2108 28.5 RSTS

I have a 2018 Eagle HT, 28.5 RSTS. Can anyone tell me where the black tank rinse anti-siphon valve is located in this unit.
Truman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:22 PM   #2

In my 29.5 bhds eagle ht fifthwheel I believe it is behind the shower controls in the bathroom
Old 10-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
In my 29.5 bhds eagle ht fifthwheel I believe it is behind the shower controls in the bathroom
Thank you Shokyle I will look there.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #4

I just had mine go bad and thats exactly where it was located.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
I just had mine go bad and thats exactly where it was located.
Jim Smyth, how did you access the valve? Did you unscrew the shower faucet area to get to it? Is your unit a 28.5 RSTS?
Sorry for all the questions but knowledge makes things easier.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

2017 28.5 Unscrew 4 screws holding the shower assembly to that plastic stand off piece. This is how you would replace the whole shower on/off assembly which I did a year ago. I didnt at the time even notice there was more pex piping in there towards the back along with the check valve. Then I unscrewed the hot and cold connection and removed the whole assembly out of the way. Of course you need to have the water shut off when you do this. Its kinda tight getting on the fittings but you can remove it fairly easy. Just have good lighting.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #7

Quote:
2017 28.5 Unscrew 4 screws holding the shower assembly to that plastic stand off piece. This is how you would replace the whole shower on/off assembly which I did a year ago. I didnt at the time even notice there was more pex piping in there towards the back along with the check valve. Then I unscrewed the hot and cold connection and removed the whole assembly out of the way. Of course you need to have the water shut off when you do this. Its kinda tight getting on the fittings but you can remove it fairly easy. Just have good lighting.
Thanks Jim that does help very much. A while back I had sent Jayco an email asking where it was in my unit and just got a response today saying it was 3 feet to the right of the door. Didn't exactly give to much specific information. I sort of had to chuckle to myself. At least they responded. Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #8

Jim, I found the anti-siphon valve where you said it would be. Is there any recommended replacement for it. I understand the B&B 571 is almost non existent to buy.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #9

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I havent installed it yet since my 5er is in KY and I am in FL till Thanksgiving. But the fittings are your standard 1/2" so there shouldnt be any issues. I actually installed a plain 90 degree elbow in the for right now. However when you disconnect the hose from the black tank flush port before water would come shooting out for a few seconds. Now with the 90 in there all you hear is a sucking sound so that tells me its wide open to the black tank. Once I get back there I will put the Camco in the 90s place and keep it if its ever needed again.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #10

Quote:
This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I havent installed it yet since my 5er is in KY and I am in FL till Thanksgiving. But the fittings are your standard 1/2" so there shouldnt be any issues. I actually installed a plain 90 degree elbow in the for right now. However when you disconnect the hose from the black tank flush port before water would come shooting out for a few seconds. Now with the 90 in there all you hear is a sucking sound so that tells me its wide open to the black tank. Once I get back there I will put the Camco in the 90s place and keep it if its ever needed again.
Once again, Thank You Jim.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:07 AM   #11

For those that want to know this is what the black tank rinse anti siphon valve, B&B 571 valve looks like. As previously mentioned it is behind the shower faucet in the shower wall.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20201017_162950475.jpg   PXL_20201017_163002292.jpg  
Old 10-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #12

I bought the one from Camco. I assume its the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails
538933811_20201018_103449_1740529_resized.jpeg  
Old 10-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #13

Quote:
I bought the one from Camco. I assume its the same thing.
Hi Jim. I bought 2 of the B&B 571 valves. The first one I installed had some water leaking out of the top when I turned on the black tank rinse. I then put on the second valve and it worked with no leaking.
I went ahead and bought 2 more of the valves you show, the camco, as spares in case case I have the same problem in the future. They do seem to have a high failure rate which is unfortunate.
With all the information you provided definitely helped me locate the valve and replace it. As you said they don't give you a lot of room to work with but you can get the job done. Hopefully this has solved my intermittent leak but I won't know until the next time we go camping. Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #14

No worries, we learn from each other. May I ask do you have a pressure regulator in line for the water? I had one of those cheap brass ones that limited the pressure to 40 psi. I read pex can go to 180 psi before rupturing. Shower didnt work very well with just a very lite spray coming out. Sink water and also toilet flush didnt do well either at 40 psi. I do have a water filter in line and thought that may be a issue but in the end it wasnt. I ordered a adjustable water pressure gauge and have read the camper can easily go to 60 psi. Thats what I set mine for and now everything works perfect with proper pressure. However within a week after bumping the psi to 60 is when the Black tank anti siphon valve started leaking. I dont know if its because I went with higher pressure or not but I love the result so if it keeps happening to me I will just leave the 90 in there instead of the valve.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #15

I have used the single brass water restrictors for years and have really never had to much of a problem. I also use the I think it's the camco water filter. Recently bought one of those adjusting water regulators but I keep it around 45-50. Water pressure inside the camper is not to bad. You would think that anti siphon valve would hold up because is says it has a pressure point of 125. I try to keep my water pressure 50 or under. I think I have read not to go over 50 but I could be wrong.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #16

Hi Jim. Just want to let you know, I purchased 2- B&B 571 valves. after installation of both, they both leaked out of the top. I purchased 2 of the Camco valves. The first I installed leaked out of the top and the second one did not leak. Unreal.
I'm going to buy a 90 degree elbow because if there is a next time I am using the elbow, no more valves. I will purchase a anti siphon valve to go onto where the hose attaches on the exterior.
Just one more question, as you see in the picture this is the position I installed mine. I'm pretty sure thats how it was when I took the original one out.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Camco anti siphon.jpg  
Old 10-23-2020, 04:48 PM   #17

That's the correct way in mine. I wonder if it needs a few wet days so it can seal correctly? Kinda like hydrating seals. I took my bad one apart. Was just a round plastic ball with a spring under it. Although that ball probably pushes into a rubber grommet.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:32 PM   #18

That could be but the amount of water that was leaking out was surprising. I did several on off session with the camco and it seems to not be leaking so I put the shower faucet back in and pro flex rv'd around the area. Like I said next time a 90 degree elbow is going to replace that valve. Good luck with yours and hope it all works out for both of us.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #19
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman View Post
after installation of both, they both leaked out of the top. I purchased 2 of the Camco valves. The first I installed leaked out of the top and the second one did not leak. Unreal.
I'm going to buy a 90 degree elbow because if there is a next time I am using the elbow, no more valves.
Mine was located inside my rear wardrobe cabinet, almost impossible to get to, and if it leaked, would soak a bunch of electronics on the floor of that cabinet.

I cut it out and replaced it with 90 degree PEX connectors. Now, I don't have to worry about it failing and leaking.... because it's gone.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #20

Retiredone, that's exactly what I will do next time. It's ashame these anti siphon valves have such a high failure rate. 3 out of 4 brand new valves leaked upon install and testing. That's not good. These companies that make these need to do a little better job. They should be embarrassed with the quality of their product and have probably caused people to spend hundreds of dollars in water damage that might have been done.