Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2021, 05:14 PM   #1

Black tank burp

We have a 2018 Pinnacle 36FBTS. Dual black tanks. The toilet in the masterbath burps when you flush. The tank drains so I don't believe the vent pipe is clogged. But when I look down the toilet while flushing I can see part of what looks to be a white plastic ring. Bringing the RV in for service is not an option as we are living in it til our house is built. Is there a problem with using that toilet? And what is going on?
Thank in advance!!
LeonDawn
LeonDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #2

Sounds like a classic toilet paper pyramid has built up, happens to ours a couple times a year. I break mine up by sticking a hose down the toilet and spraying around to break it up.
Just because the tank is draining doesn’t mean everything to going out.

I also fill the tank about half full, add some Dawn detergent and even ice cubes and drive around to shake it up.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #3

Numerous people have the same complaint with the FBTS. Mine up to half full is fine. Half to 3/4 burps. 3/4 to full fine. Vent is not clogged or anything built up in tank. I do believe it has to do how they plumed and vented the tank. The white ring u see is just the connector to the black pipe. U can take your basement wall down and follow the plumbing and vent. Like I said it is a weird bending curving set of pipes for this forward bath.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:00 AM   #4

Ours doesn't burp until full. Are you rinsing thoroughly until clear water runs out? Sometimes it will take 5 good rinses until ours runs clear. DW adds the chemical and then a good squirt of blue Dawn. Of course, we are then able to drive it to help slosh anything that might have stuck to the sides. Good luck.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:59 AM   #5

I had the same problem for about a year and it was the forward toilet - would start burping when it got close to full. Finally one day I took a heavy duty plunger and really went at it making sure I had a good seal. I pumped real hard and finally a wad of toilet paper came loose and out the sewer pipe. Lesson learned - as much time as it takes refill and drain your tanks until the water runs clear - haven't had a problem since.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote