Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

Black tank flush “do it yourself”

There always seems to be a line when I am dumping at the campground. So going through the process of hooking up a hose to the tank flush can slow down the process. And many of the state park campgrounds in Missouri don’t have a spigot to hook up a hose.

While dumping it occurred to me that the water fill and flush is right in front of me! I put a quick connect on one end of the hose - the other end already had a quick connect for the water supply.

I tried it today and it was awesome. It’s quick enough not to hold anyone up.
Attached Thumbnails
97FBE5E4-B6F0-4F97-867F-9EA97EC5597E.jpg   A55E4CC0-C8F7-4504-AA62-20403B266C68.jpg  
Old 07-09-2018, 04:03 AM   #2

I've done this before and even used hot water when the dump station flush hose is broken. But the water pump flow and pressure just isn't good enough. Better than not flushing at all. When I'm dumping I take my time and do it right. If they get inpatient, that's a good sign their tank is in horrible shape. Don't let a line cause you to half job it.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #3

All good points. I have great pressure and it worked great. My biggest issue is that most Missouri parks don't have a spigot to connect to (or any type of hose to use for flush connection). Typically they just have a water tower with a nozzle to rinse the hose and pavement with. Hence, the need to figure something out. For a deep cleaning I can take to a local private campground and rinse all day for $5.00.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas111 View Post
My biggest issue is that most Missouri parks don't have a spigot to connect to (or any type of hose to use for flush connection). Typically they just have a water tower with a nozzle to rinse the hose and pavement with. Hence, the need to figure something out.
Get one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-22484...ss!47448!US!-1 and you can use that "L" shaped nozzle and hook it up to your hose. Just need a hose clamp on the non threaded end.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Get one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-22484...ss!47448!US!-1 and you can use that "L" shaped nozzle and hook it up to your hose. Just need a hose clamp on the non threaded end.
X2
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #6

Old Trick

Wise old camper once told me to use a solution of two parts soft water conditioner, two parts water, couple of shots of Dawn dish soap, mix that all together, put it down your stool with a bag of ice, drive around the block and then flush. I use about two gallons of water and put it in prior to leaving for the camp site, it really has worked, keeps it smelling nice and cleans the sensors so they still work real good. I try to flush (power) if the opportunity presents itself and if you hook up while draining the black tank, it goes pretty fast.

Larry, Marilyn & Buddy
2012 F-250 Super Duty
closely followed by
2012 Heartland Greystone.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #7

I agree with Mopar_Earl.... Do your dumping right and don't worry about others. I flush my black tank three times as well dump both gray tanks. This all takes me about twenty minutes. As of today, I've never had anybody say something about how long it takes me at the dump site. As a RV'er I don't think anybody will say that your taking to long, but some day it'll happen with that special person who has no patient's. I'll just tell them God Bless and have a great Day. ��
Happy Dumping��
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #8

If they do give you trouble..............just point your hose at them and ask them "do you feel lucky? go ahead and make my day"
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote