Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #1

Blackstone and the Jay port Mount Hardware

Can anybody tell me where to get the Blackstone 22" Griddle with the mount for the Jay port? Is this a Jayco only item, or can it be purchased through 3rd party sellers? Blackstone doesn't mention a Jay Port on their site.
Jayco Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:01 AM   #2

While this is not a helpful answer for your direct question, you might want to reconsider the Jayport for griddle use.

1) Leveling a griddle is super important and your trailer is never perfectly level. Tying the levelness of your griddle to the levelness of you trailer is annoying.
2) The height of your griddle will be determined by your leveling situation. That is annoying. I run into this issue with my outdoor sink.
3) Storing the Jayport apparatus when not in use is annoying.
4) I move my griddle to different locations based on what I am doing and the weather (mostly wind).
5) Having the griddle that close to the trailer can heat up the sidewall and get it dirty with grease spatter.

I think that 99% of users would be better served by a 22" griddle and a stand (note the legs are adjustable and you get a side table) like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...Hose/222411088

or a standless griddle and an adjustable height table.

Either way, go for a griddle with a hood. It is very useful. If for nothing else, you can lower it to reduce oil spatter but i use mine all the time for cooking (steaming, melting cheese on burgers, etc.)
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #3

I agree with sickday. The jayport griddle table is heavy awkward and mounts to close to rv in my opinion. I purchased a pair of coleman roll up aluminum tables from Amazon one for griddle one for prep space. Very lightweight and easily stored in the passthru
Old 10-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #4

The Jayport on my 33RBTS is forward of the entry steps which is too far from my outdoor kitchen. I found the table and arm bulky and very difficult to store in an already short for storage space camper. I gave it away to a friend who fabricated a mount on his home built camper.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:09 PM   #5

X3, I’m just using my blackstone 22” on the stand. It works best when level. My bumper BBQ mount is never level, ever.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:32 AM   #6

I have the stand that sickbay provided the link for and it's really a piece of junk. Legs don't stay where they are supposed to due to the flimsy tightening knobs. Several times I've been cooking something and a leg or two starts collapsing...
Old 10-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #7

We were suppose to get that set up with the trailer, but here we are 3 months out and no word. Every time we ask at the dealer ship they say " still waiting on Jayco", sounds like a blow off to me!
Harleys house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:34 AM   #8
Site Team

I have seen campers having to fabricate a stand to comfortably reach the cooking top on outdoor kitchens. It sure seems like there are no standard heights and then the site pitch can make it even worse.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
I think that 99% of users would be better served by a 22" griddle and a stand (note the legs are adjustable and you get a side table)
I agree 100%. It makes you portable so you can move the griddle if needed and you can also perfectly level it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones211 View Post
I have the stand that sickbay provided the link for and it's really a piece of junk. Legs don't stay where they are supposed to due to the flimsy tightening knobs. Several times I've been cooking something and a leg or two starts collapsing...
Tighten your legs more. I have never had a leg move and we use ours constantly when we are out camping. I wouldn't own this griddle without the stand.
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:04 AM   #10

Quote:
I have that stand and never had a problem with it. Works flawlessly for me and never collapsed. I love the fact that all 4 legs are independently adjustable..
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:26 AM   #11

Thanks to all for the information provided.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:31 AM   #12

Well, duh. Legs are tightened all the way and still won't properly support the weight or activity of grilling...
Old 10-17-2022, 05:31 AM   #13

It sounds like I'm the only one that actually uses the griddle in the roll-out position that Jayco provided. We have a 37MDQS.

With that being said, I will admit that everything that I have noticed these things from the above posts:

1) It is never level. I personally haven't found this to be a big deal, however
2) It would be nice if it had a lid. The one bad thing about getting a lid, is that there wouldn't be enough space in the area where the Blackstone goes to store the lid, and now you'd have to find a home for that.

I actually have an extension hose that would get the griddle away from the RV, but I don't have a stand at this point, so I have never used it. Need to get a stand at a minimum, although, I have never really been worried about it being close to the RV. It doesn't appear to get that hot.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:49 AM   #14
Site Team

We don't have a griddle, nor the J-port, but do have this roll-up table for our Magma grill. Adjustable legs for uneven ground, and the slats have side links screwed to the ends. I didn't want one with the bungy cords running through them. I would thing they would break after a time.

https://www.gearx.com/crazy-creek-ro...klnN7o8dClAaa8

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Well, duh. Legs are tightened all the way and still won't properly support the weight or activity of grilling...
It sounds like you might have a defective unit. There are several people in this thread that don't have issues and I camp with 5 other families that have this model and they don't have any issues. It certainly isn't the best stand in the world but it is functional.

If you do decide to contact Blackstone for a warranty claim on your stand, you might want to shelve the "Well, duh." attitude for people towards people that are trying to be helpful.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #16

@ Jayco Rider - to answer your specific question, there is no JayPort only 22" griddle. It is just the standard 22" Blackstone with the feet/legs attached that fit in the outer set of holes on the JayPort table.

The leveling point made is very true, however can be easily solved as the JayPort table wobbles. To stop this and make it level buy some thumb screws that fit the JayPort bar end. (already has tapped screw holes in it) Use those and a level to level it out and tighten it.

I will say it is too small so an additional table or some sort of space to put food, tools etc is very much needed. I added a 1" thick 12" x 22" plastic cutting board extender on mine with a piece of table wall mounting. Works good.

I have seen others just create a table space, like a bar, to eat or put food on with the JayPort bar. Getting rid of the table, and then using a roll up or some other type of table. But this way you still have use of the JayPort.

If you go down the table option just make sure its aluminum topped, no plastic as the Blackstone can melt it.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I have that stand and never had a problem with it. Works flawlessly for me and never collapsed. I love the fact that all 4 legs are independently adjustable..
X2 - Works great. - Love Love Love cooking on it and the quality of chow.

The stand is super handy and easy to level and lock the legs.

2010 Eagle 256 RKS
2018 F150 SCREW Shortbed with 3.5L TT
From Cheyenne, Wyoming
Markomyt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:50 AM   #18

Thank you. My Northpoint did not come with the Blackstone or the associated J-port draw bar grill attachment. My original question was to find where to purchase that draw bar grill holder. (Jayco only or 3rd party vender, still don't know?) Points well taken, thank you.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:57 AM   #19

If it was not ordered with your trailer there is dealer or self install no add-on to install it or order it. But basically its a 2" hitch. As I have understood it if you add one onto your trailer it will void the warranty, if you care. In your case a table solution would be the better one.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #20

Agree with Cadman KS. I have the same exact setup as his. I have not had any issue with heat near the rig and it is slightly off level. I put a few spacers under feet to tweek the leveling. I like my grill works great.
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote