Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #1

Blue lights! Green lights! why oh why?

Out on what is essentially our maiden voyage and are are loving our new Jayco Eagle 25.5 REOK 5er.

But, why on earth does Jayco:

1) have "constant on" green led lights on the 12v USB outlets, especially those right next to the bed . It's 12 inches from my head, I don't need a green light to tell me where the plug is. Is a tab of electrical tape the "fix" here or do people replace the receptacles?

2) Blue LEDs. Dear Jayco, they are not that cool, and they are not useful. On the 25.5REOK, they have these LEDs on a switch under the bedside cabinets, as well as in the shower. Do some people like to shower by the dim glow of a blue LED? Anyway, is there a drop in "fixture" that replaces them in a normal shade of light? Can the "bulbs" themselves just be replaced with a normal color?

Given there are actual real lights in these locations, I don't need the lights at all, but white would be preferred over blue.

I am not really complaining, but these blue LEDs are a head scratcher to me.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:06 PM   #2

I replaced the little blue interior lights with these. They fit perfectly and the light color is great. These are the only ones that I found and I searched for a long time.

https://www.pilotlights.net/mini-rou...12v-warm-white
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:15 AM   #3

I went the opposite of you and added to the blue light special. It's more of an evening light for us.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_182658.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	68732
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:26 AM   #4

I actually use the blue light in the bathroom at night. It’s a little less harsh at 2am. The lights I don’t get is the orange LED light strips in the cap. What is the point of those?
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #5

At least there is some functionality to this. Nice job!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I actually use the blue light in the bathroom at night. It’s a little less harsh at 2am. The lights I don’t get is the orange LED light strips in the cap. What is the point of those?
At two AM there is no way I am going to manage to hit the blue light switch instead of one if the other two white lights switches...
Old 03-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #7

It’s taken me nearly two years to get the muscle memory and the light switches.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #8

We leave the blue bathroom light on all night. Use it as a night light.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #9

Vista, our TT is old enough we do not have of these LEDs. We have been out looking at new campers, and I do not like them either.

Even in the SB house, if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I do not turn on a light. I guess I have gone to the bathroom enough times, to know where things are at.

I find the blue LED lights to bright. When we buy a new camper, I hope we can add a dimmer to them.

As for the little green LED dots, a small piece of tape is the best solution I can think of.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:31 AM   #10

I totally agree with you about the greenies next to the bed. We cover them with a couple of throw pillows at night. The blue light in the shower for me is "take it or leave it". It does provide a little entertainment when showing our camper to people. We camp with a couple who love the light using it as a night light.
02camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
We leave the blue bathroom light on all night. Use it as a night light.
The idea of any light while I am trying to sleep is antithetical to that objective!
Old 03-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
I replaced the little blue interior lights with these. They fit perfectly and the light color is great. These are the only ones that I found and I searched for a long time.

https://www.pilotlights.net/mini-rou...12v-warm-white
Those are great! I might put those in my bedroom! I need a low level light to not wake the DW. The OEM reading lights were to hot and consumed too much so I changed to 3watt LED spots. Now they are not hot, but now way toooooo bright!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:59 PM   #13

For the time being, I covered the bathroom blue LED with black electrical tape, trimmed it to cover 3/4 of it. It's perfect. I might try the link in the thread, but we're on the road now.
mlitt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #14

You can use nail polish or a light coat of dark spray paint to dim the leds.

You can pretty much find any any kind of led replacement bulbs or led light fixture that you want here:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

My hobbies are astronomy and astrophotography. I replaced some of my trailer ceiling fixtures with some of these that can be red or white light.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...eds/1273/2949/
Old 03-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #15

We just use a home night light in the bathroom.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #16

Our grandkids hate those “orange LED strips” on the front of our Jayco fifth wheel! Scares them for some reason, so we never turn the creepy things on. We do use the over the bed LED blue lights for night lights if we’re up past our normal bedtime, and they do switch to white light for reading too. The blue light in the shower is exactly what others have said—it’s for those late night nature calls so it doesn’t wake up a sleeping spouse! At least that’s my take.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
We just use a home night light in the bathroom.

We do a lot of primitive camping, no hookups available. So a 120V night light won't cut it.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #18

Masking tape over the green lights? This isn't new to jayco btw. This has been done on the last 3 campers we had. Our blue light has a switch and I'm assuming all others do also? If not I apologize.

I'd say remove the bulb maybe?
Camperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Out on what is essentially our maiden voyage and are are loving our new Jayco Eagle 25.5 REOK 5er.

But, why on earth does Jayco:

1) have "constant on" green led lights on the 12v USB outlets, especially those right next to the bed . It's 12 inches from my head, I don't need a green light to tell me where the plug is. Is a tab of electrical tape the "fix" here or do people replace the receptacles?

2) Blue LEDs. Dear Jayco, they are not that cool, and they are not useful. On the 25.5REOK, they have these LEDs on a switch under the bedside cabinets, as well as in the shower. Do some people like to shower by the dim glow of a blue LED? Anyway, is there a drop in "fixture" that replaces them in a normal shade of light? Can the "bulbs" themselves just be replaced with a normal color?

Given there are actual real lights in these locations, I don't need the lights at all, but white would be preferred over blue.

I am not really complaining, but these blue LEDs are a head scratcher to me.
Can you just paint them over with black nail polish?
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Me too, but even that is too bright at night. So, I sprayed mine with VHT Nite Shades, that I had in the garage. How it is a perfect night light.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote