Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2024, 12:55 PM   #1

Unhappy BmPro and Android Phone

I am having difficulty while towing my 317RLOK and my android phone communicating with the JayCommand bmpro tablet in the 5ver. Phone will connect via bluetooth just fine. Walk around camper use the functions, lights, awnings, levelers, etc. just fine. It will read the TPMS also However, here comes the problem.

While towing my 5ver connect the android phone via bluetooth to the tablet inside camper. All bluetooth connections are lost. Unable to monitor the TPMS on the camper tires which is the concern.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong or what the problem is. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.
Travler1963. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 02:13 PM   #2

I would suggest a normal TPMS, probably not what you want to hear.

I used the one from my old camper, along with the repeater and now I have low pressure alarms available and no connection issues.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:05 PM   #3

It may be due to the BMPro tablet being turned off by the Node. The Node kills most functions as soon as it senses current on the brake feed. That's why you have to hit the #1 light switch to wake it up when you get to where you're going.

Or not, as screwy as mine is you never know what will work from one trip to the next..... I've about worn out a paperclip resetting it and will get a new one before warranty expires next year.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 06:01 PM   #4

My tablet is always connect to the internet which means when I am beyond bluetooth range I can still connect to my camper on my phone over wifi internet.
Here is how that's done:
I have a wifi router in the camper to do this but alternatively you could put a hotspot (extra phone?) in your camper and have your tablet connect to that via your phone's WIFI hotspot feature.
You'll also need to download "RV Halo" onto a phone (it's made by Winegard) and create a login ID (free)... then using JayCommand on your camper's wall tablet (see gear on home screen), login to Winegard with your new credentials.
That's it, then you can use your other phone in your car (or anywhere) and open JayCommand to access your camper. When you are beyond bluetooth range, your phone automatically connects to your camper over the internet (Winegard handles it).
You won't have access to all functions (ie slides) but you will have ability to adjust temperature, lights and you will see your TPMS.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:55 AM   #5

That thought has crossed my mind also about getting new TPMS sensors. Still that defeats purpose....
Old 04-17-2024, 04:03 AM   #6

Stan&Sharon: I see where you're going with winegard. That seems to be rather an elaborate system to extend range on the BmPro tablet using wifi.

I can walk around camper on bluetooth, about 30 feet away from camper and still able to connect no issues. Just when towing is where the problem starts.

Bill777x points out a feature that the node is killed when it senses current. This I can test today, we are moving again.

I am thinking if the current to brake system is true - that defeats the purpose of monitoring camper with Android app while towing.

Stan&Sharon with the winegard didn't you have to purchase the router seperate and then add an ISP service such as TMobile, Verizon, or AT&T to make this work on wifi?
Old 04-17-2024, 04:03 AM   #7

Ours works fine most of the time. Once in a while it will lose the signal briefly while traveling, but comes back within a few minutes. Everything we have is OEM, just as it came from the factory/dealer. Some people have issues with range and Bluetooth to the phone. We have been lucky, our camper is almost 42' long
Old 04-17-2024, 04:06 AM   #8

jetlag Is this using bluetooth while traveling? Is the android app always open on the phone? Meaning the app is running all the time and the phone doesn't time out or lock after say 10 minutes of no use?
Old 04-17-2024, 04:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler1963. View Post
jetlag Is this using bluetooth while traveling? Is the android app always open on the phone? Meaning the app is running all the time and the phone doesn't time out or lock after say 10 minutes of no use?

The phone is set to whatever the max time it allows me on the phone settings before timing out, so every few minutes I tap the screen to keep it going. The phone is connected to the truck vis USB, so it always has power. I have a gadget that sits on one of the drink holders to hold the phone, cheap and works well. And yes, I use Bluetooth all the time. Hope I didn't spook myself lol, we have a 6+ hour drive today

And I do have one of the TPMS sensors on one tire that likes to go dark at times, again for a few minutes, but eventually comes back. If the other three tires temperatures/pressures are good, I don't sweat it to much.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Stan&Sharon: Stan&Sharon with the winegard didn't you have to purchase the router seperate and then add an ISP service such as TMobile, Verizon, or AT&T to make this work on wifi?
Nope. Just create the login account. No subscription required. If you can login from your PC or Phone, then you can login from the tablet (when it's on the internet) via JayCommand. There's a gear icon on the home screen, on that next page you'll see Remote Connection. Click that and enter your Winegard credentials and and shows 'Connected' when you're signed in.
That's all you need. Your camper is on the internet and can be reached from any phone running JayCommand via bluetooth when in range and via internet when not.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:19 PM   #11

I will second getting separate tpms. BMPRO is junk. It is too unreliable to use even just for lights. I have had TST tpms for years and it just works. Donít even need a repeater.
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Nope. Just create the login account. No subscription required. If you can login from your PC or Phone, then you can login from the tablet (when it's on the internet) via JayCommand. There's a gear icon on the home screen, on that next page you'll see Remote Connection. Click that and enter your Winegard credentials and and shows 'Connected' when you're signed in.
That's all you need. Your camper is on the internet and can be reached from any phone running JayCommand via bluetooth when in range and via internet when not.
I use starlink for my internet service, and keeping that going while mobile I have not attempted. By your answers it appears Winegard provides free service to BmPro? Creating that account will allow the bmpro and android phones to use wifi?
Old 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM   #13

Quote:
... Stan&Sharon By your answers it appears Winegard provides free service to BmPro? Creating that account will allow the bmpro and android phones to use wifi?
YES
Just click the gear icon within JayCommand and login to Winegard with your wall tablet. It will change color and show connected.
You will see a cloud icon at the top of your screen on your phone too.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:59 PM   #14

Using RV Halo app, you can confirm the membership options and Freemium is what we all get
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20240419-155606.jpg  
Old 04-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #15

Quote:
I am having difficulty while towing my 317RLOK and my android phone communicating with the JayCommand bmpro tablet in the 5ver. Phone will connect via bluetooth just fine. Walk around camper use the functions, lights, awnings, levelers, etc. just fine. It will read the TPMS also However, here comes the problem.

While towing my 5ver connect the android phone via bluetooth to the tablet inside camper. All bluetooth connections are lost. Unable to monitor the TPMS on the camper tires which is the concern.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong or what the problem is. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.
I never relied on the BMPRO and the TPMS, it would sometimes connect and other times not. Far to complicated to mess with while driving.

I would recommend using a system from TireMinder. I just purchased a new Chevy 3500 and it came with trailer TPMS which allows you to monitor the trailer tires right from your dash or radio screen.

Tags
bluetooth, bmpro, towing, tpms