Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2022, 11:52 AM   #1

Bmpro issue

My BM PROs touch screen flashes from black to logo. Buttons at bottom of controller operate fine. I've tried to reset with paperclip and also using OF and EXT command. Also unplugged controller and reconnected. Touch screen goes back to flashing.
Anyone have same issue and fix?
JLINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:27 PM   #2

remove from holder and place on good charger to charge battery in tablet.

This has come up several times.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 01:00 PM   #3

If after removing from holder and placing on charge over night or even 2 nights and the tablet still flashes even after trying to reset the tablet through the tiny hole with a paper clip, your tablets battery is most likely at end date - fried and the tablet would need replaced. I replaced mine and all is well with a Vankyo MatrixPad 7, there are others that you can replace with having to make no modifications. Its all about the width, length and thickness of tablet and location of the micro-usb plugin for the harness, beats paying $500 from BMPRO!
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:38 PM   #4

I'm still on the original but when mine does go out, I'll use this link to that tablet at Walmart
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:50 PM   #5

There is one drawback choosing this tablet - the microUSB plugin. The wire harness is about 1 - 1 1/2 inches too short and you will have to extend it by soldering 4 wire splices into it to extend the length of the small wire harness from the small circuit board (from node) to tablet. If you do, use heat shrink to insulate the soldered connections.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
There is one drawback choosing this tablet - the microUSB plugin. The wire harness is about 1 - 1 1/2 inches too short and you will have to extend it by soldering 4 wire splices into it to extend the length of the small wire harness from the small circuit board (from node) to tablet. If you do, use heat shrink to insulate the soldered connections.
Why not use a micro-USB extension cable? ~CA
Old 08-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLINN View Post
My BM PROs touch screen flashes from black to logo. Buttons at bottom of controller operate fine. I've tried to reset with paperclip and also using OF and EXT command. Also unplugged controller and reconnected. Touch screen goes back to flashing.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:52 PM   #8

Any luck with command tablet ?
We are getting ready for September trip to Oregon Coast. 2022 Pinnacle 32 RLS.
Unable to get the BMPRO command screen to wake up. I have tried several different methods yet no luck. I can control from phone, so not totally shut down.
Appreciate any ideas or thoughts others have. Thanks
xcopper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopper46 View Post
Any luck with command tablet ?
We are getting ready for September trip to Oregon Coast. 2022 Pinnacle 32 RLS.
Unable to get the BMPRO command screen to wake up. I have tried several different methods yet no luck. I can control from phone, so not totally shut down.
Appreciate any ideas or thoughts others have. Thanks
Pull up on the bottom corners to unclip it from the wall then lift up a bit and unplug the usb cord (be sure to NOT let the wire fall down into the wall cavity)... take it to your phone charger and give it a good charge overnight, then see if it will boot. Log into your home network and visit google's playstore and look for program updates. Once your happy everything's okay on it, return it to your camper.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #10

It does not look as if I have access to USB plug. The wiring plug is a 4 wire white plastic connector. I have removed it from wall and have controller in house. Thanks for info about wiring in wall. Taped to outside before removal. Good try anyway. The model label has it listed as RVMC101A .
Old 08-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #11

Quote:
It does not look as if I have access to USB plug. The wiring plug is a 4 wire white plastic connector. I have removed it from wall and have controller in house. Thanks for info about wiring in wall. Taped to outside before removal. Good try anyway. The model label has it listed as RVMC101A .
Once you get it off the wall....the tablet should be removable from the bezel...then you put it on a good usb charger after removing the wire from the bezel to the tablet.

B&W hitch
Old 08-21-2022, 04:26 PM   #12

There is a USB connection with wire inserted. However that connection is sitting below tablet case, and to access the tablet would need to be lifted out of housing. Since I have warranty remaining I think I should not do that. If I did not damage the tabs and housing, the marks left would most likely be all that was needed to not honor any warranty. So the charging idea is one which most likely would work, but big chicken here.
Thanks
Old 08-21-2022, 04:51 PM   #13

Do I have a problem I am not thinking about ? It seems to me that the tablet should charge, or stay charged while attached to wall. What might be preventing that from happening ? I have reset with paper clip and left it untouched for a good 8 hours. Still asleep. Tomorrow is Monday, I will be on phone trying to figure this out.
Thank you to all, and those who may yet give me some ideas.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Do I have a problem I am not thinking about ? It seems to me that the tablet should charge, or stay charged while attached to wall.
Once the tablet is really dead... completely dead, a home charger is what you'll need to wake it up.
I suppose it's possible once your camper's battery is fully charged and/or while it's connected to your truck, while you traveling, it might wake from a dead state. There is historical evidence from prior posts in this forum that plugging it into a home charger solves the issue.
I've removed my tablet (that's how I know about keeping track of the wire... mine dropped into the wall, took me hour to retrieve it) and it's pretty easy to reattach.
Some members have suggested to remove the tablet whenever someone puts their camper in storage... just like the camper's battery should be removed.
You are right, the battery should stay charged if you have a solar panel or otherwise keep your 12v batteries on a trickle charger while in storage between camping trips.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:31 PM   #15

The unit is next to my house and plugged into 30 amp during storage period. It has been very hot for month of July and now into August. The trailer has been the sun and does get quite hot inside, even with venting. Is it possible the temp has caused the tablet battery to fail ? Tomorrow I will get an answer on repair or replacement. Hopefully it will be working for our travels into Oregon.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and knowledge.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLINN View Post
Having same issue for the past four months. Dealer has charged it back up and it keeps doing same thing even when camper is connected to my 50 amp service at home. Now the Jayco warranty has ran out and they all refuse to replace it. They want $551 for a new one so I am really pissed at my dealer and Jayco.
galpincw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:33 PM   #17

maybe a small tablet/ipad on a holder or table stand would be a better option...place it anywhere you like?

B&W hitch
Old 08-25-2022, 09:44 AM   #18

We're on a 3+ month trip currently and will be pursuing a fix once back home. I like the suggestion of replacing the pad with something better.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #19

Bmpro

I think I have learned a little about the sleeping BMPRO tablet. Be patient as I am very tech challenged and may not use the right techie terms. It appears many of us are and have experienced problems with the BMPRO command tablet. Some like mine, it will not wake up, despite being plugged in for several months. Some believe, and I will too, the primary issue is not the tablet , but an attached circuit board on the back of the tablet. This board somehow regulates power to the unit along with other techie functions. It seems failure is not new to BMPRO, although not widely publicized. I am under warranty, lucky me, so I believe my tablet will be replaced. For those outside of warranty perhaps a tech/computer repair shop might have some success getting it operational again. We are leaving on a 30+ day trip soon. For that trip I have connected, via bluetooth, a tablet I will use to operate some of the systems. How that works I have no clue, just happy it does. The slides, some lights, and awnings can be operated with buttons on the bezel. I have sent a request for help to BMPRO on the 20th, no reply yet. I do not think they, BMPRO, wishes to be too public that their creation has issues. Understandable, it's all about the money to some.
Best of luck to us all.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:33 AM   #20

Quote:
I think I have learned a little about the sleeping BMPRO tablet. Be patient as I am very tech challenged and may not use the right techie terms. It appears many of us are and have experienced problems with the BMPRO command tablet. Some like mine, it will not wake up, despite being plugged in for several months. Some believe, and I will too, the primary issue is not the tablet , but an attached circuit board on the back of the tablet. This board somehow regulates power to the unit along with other techie functions. It seems failure is not new to BMPRO, although not widely publicized. I am under warranty, lucky me, so I believe my tablet will be replaced. For those outside of warranty perhaps a tech/computer repair shop might have some success getting it operational again. We are leaving on a 30+ day trip soon. For that trip I have connected, via bluetooth, a tablet I will use to operate some of the systems. How that works I have no clue, just happy it does. The slides, some lights, and awnings can be operated with buttons on the bezel. I have sent a request for help to BMPRO on the 20th, no reply yet. I do not think they, BMPRO, wishes to be too public that their creation has issues. Understandable, it's all about the money to some.
Best of luck to us all.

Also remember the Aussies are on the other side of the world. so emails are very slow. We have been lucky, ours works very well except for a small issue with it and Winegard which I will take up with the dealer this fall.