Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2023, 01:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Use the arrow buttons at the bottom to scroll to OF. Press EXT and that will put it in standby mode, according to the instruction sheet I have. If I'm reading it correctly to wake it up you scroll to OF, press EXT then press the 1 button. You may be able to just press the 1 button but that is not clear in the instructions. Anyway, doing a repeat of the OF, EXT and then the 1 button did make it start it's scrolling again.

Thank You sir, I will make a note of this
Old 01-14-2023, 03:24 PM   #22

My unit wakes up and restarts if I press 1, after turning off....which is probably really standby.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
My unit wakes up and restarts if I press 1, after turning off....which is probably really standby.
I believe that this is what ours does as well.

While I haven't tried this, I am also a little bit skeptical that this does what we want it to do.

Even if that key sequence puts it into a "sleep" type mode, it will still be consuming power, and eventually the battery will drain itself, and then you will be in the boot loop. Once in the boot loop, you can't put the tablet into "sleep" mode, because it hasn't fully booted. I suspect that this low power mode is available only AFTER a successful boot up.

It would be nice if it did put the tablet in a low power mode, because if it did that, then maybe the onboard charger would have enough umph to charge the batteries. The screen coming on is what kills the batteries during the boot loop, and that's the part that you have to over-charge to get past...
Old 01-15-2023, 09:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
I believe that this is what ours does as well.

While I haven't tried this, I am also a little bit skeptical that this does what we want it to do.

Even if that key sequence puts it into a "sleep" type mode, it will still be consuming power, and eventually the battery will drain itself, and then you will be in the boot loop. Once in the boot loop, you can't put the tablet into "sleep" mode, because it hasn't fully booted. I suspect that this low power mode is available only AFTER a successful boot up.

It would be nice if it did put the tablet in a low power mode, because if it did that, then maybe the onboard charger would have enough umph to charge the batteries. The screen coming on is what kills the batteries during the boot loop, and that's the part that you have to over-charge to get past...
yes, someone needs to charge it in this mode when this problem happens again. Example, goes into the Bootup loop....use off to turn it off and let it charge overnight.

B&W hitch
Old 01-15-2023, 09:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
yes, someone needs to charge it in this mode when this problem happens again. Example, goes into the Bootup loop....use off to turn it off and let it charge overnight.

When mine does it again, which I believe it will, I will try this solution. Bound to be easier than tearing it apart
Old 01-15-2023, 12:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
When mine does it again, which I believe it will, I will try this solution. Bound to be easier than tearing it apart
That tearing apart thing is true for sure!!

Let us know how it goes...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:31 PM   #27

I've had mine in the "off" mode since yesterday. Woke it up and it is still looping, if I have the term right. The picture below is what I have on the screen. It is slowly flashing on and off. So, this afternoon I took it out, brought in in the house and removed the tablet from the bracket, which only took a few minutes. When I hooked it up to my phone charging cube it started the looping again. There appears to be an on/off button on one side but it doesn't respond, just keeps doing what it's doing. (Edit: After rereading this thread the on/off button must be disabled.)

I've had it on the charger for 4 or 5 hours now and nothing has changed. I'm going to leave it on the charger tonight and see what happens. If nothing changes I'm going shopping for a replacement. One of the recommended tablets I found for $65 on walmart.com. I may have to do some wire extending but I can go thru several tablets before I get even close to the price Jayco wants for a replacement. My only concern is since the BMPro tablet is constantly on I'll have to figure out a way to turn it back on if it loses power.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0492.jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 10:11 PM   #28

Yeah, that's the dreaded boot loop, and it appears that just as we suspected, putting into "sleep" mode didn't help...

Dang...
Old 01-15-2023, 10:46 PM   #29

I asked about a battery replacement in one of the threads linked in this thread. Looks like I have a parallel threads going. My apologies but they have been very helpful. If I can find the battery recommended in the other thread that may be what I do but right now I'm not having any luck finding it. That certainly would be the cheaper route.
Old 01-16-2023, 04:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I asked about a battery replacement in one of the threads linked in this thread. Looks like I have a parallel threads going. My apologies but they have been very helpful. If I can find the battery recommended in the other thread that may be what I do but right now I'm not having any luck finding it. That certainly would be the cheaper route.

The battery Learjet mentioned in the other thread is the same one I have saved in my Amazon wish list
Old 01-16-2023, 07:58 AM   #31

Regarding getting out of the boot loop, try getting as much power to the tablet as possible. All chargers and charging cords are not created equal. Try using a good OEM fast charger and a good cable. The android app AMPERE will tell you your tablet or phone's charging and discharging rates. I tested all of my chargers and cords I had colleced with that app and tossed out nearly half of them. One cheap charge cable I had used wire so thin there was barely enough power to keep the phone going let alone charge it's battery also.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Regarding getting out of the boot loop, try getting as much power to the tablet as possible. All chargers and charging cords are not created equal. Try using a good OEM fast charger and a good cable. The android app AMPERE will tell you your tablet or phone's charging and discharging rates. I tested all of my chargers and cords I had colleced with that app and tossed out nearly half of them. One cheap charge cable I had used wire so thin there was barely enough power to keep the phone going let alone charge it's battery also.
Thanks. I will do that. I just grabbed one of my old phone chargers. We have newer iPhones which have gone to USB-C so finding a USB charging block around here is not easy. Also, the cords are from when we had Samsung phones a few years ago. I'll see what else I can find. I did order the battery Learjet and jetlag suggested and will have my techy son install it for me.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I didn't know this app existed.

That's an excellent suggestion!!

As for the comment about cables, I too have noticed that makes a huge difference. I bought some cheap Amazon cables a while back that I keep in the 5er all the time. There are times when they will charge a couple of percent overnight. The same charger, different cable will get full in a couple of hours.

I pitch the crappy cables when I run across them. They don't get a second chance...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:30 PM   #34

I just found this thread and have a question and some comments.

Question:
Somone mentioned using the 1-5 buttons on the controller to turn off the water pump, how is that done? I can only turn on/off the lights. Using the <> buttons and the EXT OF buttons for the awning/slide. But didnt know the water pump could be controlled by those as well.. Please share!

Comments:
I added my tablet as a "after market" add on replacing the smaller LED controller screen. I did this so I could monitor things while the trailer was in offsite storage and so I could turn on/off AC etc when traveling with pets. I picked the tablet up off ebay. There is a seller who has them from time to time and reasonably priced (in the $200s) vs the new at over $500.

As for the charging. Make sure what ever charge brick you use that it can put out at least 2.4amps, more is better. Someone mentioned a fast charger, a big yes to that. Also the cable DOES matter. It does not need to be super expensive but it does need to handle the amps etc.. usually on amazon you can get a good cable in the $10-15 range.

Lastly I think someone mentioned but I want to 2nd it, have your phone or another tablet setup and paired with the node. This tablet if it does not work is usually the only way you will be able to shut off the AC or Furnace so having options and backups is good. I believe the manual says you can have up to 4 devices connected. We have connected both mine and wife's phone as well as a backup replacement tablet that I bought off target.com for $40. (this tablet uses USB C for charging so I had to buy a converter, but its in the right spot) Just waiting for the day my tablet dies.

Most importantly and best part is that those buttons at the bottom of the controller face plate still work no matter what the state of the tablet is. Just cant do the AC/Furnace etc.. but a fuse/breaker will handle those in worst case. Now how do you turn off the water pump? :-)
Old 01-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #35

I have a WP button below the tablet. Also, some of the remote switches, like the one in the kitchen has a water pump switch too. There is a water pump switch in the outside wet bay.

B&W hitch
Old 01-18-2023, 03:03 PM   #36

Got the new battery today. Does anyone know how the tablet comes apart to access the battery? There is a small seam around it that I tried using a small flat blade screw driver as a wedge but no luck. Don't want to break it. There is a foam pad stuck to the back of it which may be hiding some screws but again, not sure. I don't want to remove the pad just to find out as it will obviously tear up in the process.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:49 PM   #37

Learjet, I have seen those on some of the controllers. Unfortunately mine only has numbers, I was hoping there was some secret combination of numbers that would control the WP as my wife hates the tablet. She wants me to put the smaller LCD screen controller back up so she has the WP button... I almost purchased another tablet that had that on it but thought it was just a waste of money. Maybe not with the failure rate though..
Old 01-19-2023, 07:14 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
I just found this thread and have a question and some comments.

Question:
Somone mentioned using the 1-5 buttons on the controller to turn off the water pump, how is that done? I can only turn on/off the lights. Using the <> buttons and the EXT OF buttons for the awning/slide. But didnt know the water pump could be controlled by those as well.. Please share!

Comments:
I added my tablet as a "after market" add on replacing the smaller LED controller screen. I did this so I could monitor things while the trailer was in offsite storage and so I could turn on/off AC etc when traveling with pets. I picked the tablet up off ebay. There is a seller who has them from time to time and reasonably priced (in the $200s) vs the new at over $500.

As for the charging. Make sure what ever charge brick you use that it can put out at least 2.4amps, more is better. Someone mentioned a fast charger, a big yes to that. Also the cable DOES matter. It does not need to be super expensive but it does need to handle the amps etc.. usually on amazon you can get a good cable in the $10-15 range.

Lastly I think someone mentioned but I want to 2nd it, have your phone or another tablet setup and paired with the node. This tablet if it does not work is usually the only way you will be able to shut off the AC or Furnace so having options and backups is good. I believe the manual says you can have up to 4 devices connected. We have connected both mine and wife's phone as well as a backup replacement tablet that I bought off target.com for $40. (this tablet uses USB C for charging so I had to buy a converter, but its in the right spot) Just waiting for the day my tablet dies.

Most importantly and best part is that those buttons at the bottom of the controller face plate still work no matter what the state of the tablet is. Just cant do the AC/Furnace etc.. but a fuse/breaker will handle those in worst case. Now how do you turn off the water pump? :-)

Tom, the WP button next to the 1-3 numbers turns on the water pump. Well, disregard this post. I am just reading Learjet's response to you. I do have the WP button, and thought all had them
Old 01-19-2023, 07:24 AM   #39

I have noticed this a couple of times with the tablet's saga. This morning it went in the boot loop briefly, and quickly came back. At the top right of the screen, it showed 22% charge. I left it alone, and 15 minutes later, it showed 100% charge, and still showing it an hour later. I have seen this a few times, and wondering how it might all be related.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:30 AM   #40

If I could figure out how to open the tablet I would try my new battery. I did see on the other BMPro thread where someone said it easily pops open. Not mine.