Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2023, 04:59 PM   #1

BMPRO Touch Screen

2022 Jayco Northpoint BMPRO Touchpad. After winter storage I can’t get the Jaycommand touchpad to work. Batteries are charged, rv is plugged into shore power and the hard wired buttons work. I can control everything with my phone via Bluetooth. How do I get the touchpad to work?
Jcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #2

use the search feature here...common problem...the battery in your BmPro table is dead.

here is a good start https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...bh-100091.html

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:51 PM   #3

Thank you, I have a 2.4 A external charger on the tablet now. Will leave on overnight and try it again tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:17 AM   #4

We took our 2021 37 MDQS in for warranty work yesterday. I had noted when I took it there the first time that the BMPro was not working after I got back home.

They asked us yesterday if the BMPro was still not working. I told them that it was working now (I didn't tell them how I got it fixed, by taking it apart and hitting it with a high amp charger), BUT, if they didn't plug it in, it would be dead soon, and would have the same bootloop issue again.

The service advisor said that they (our dealer) have had a lot of issues with those. She is going to see if she can get us a new tablet under warranty, since we've had issues. She knows what the issue, so she doesn't have to diagnose that for Jayco. Be interesting to see if she gets it replaced.

At any rate, I wonder if BMPro has made a change to the charging circuit in the adapter in the panel to overcome this issue? Be nice if they replaced it, but like the wife said, that doesn't do us any good if they replace it with the exact same thing. It will happen again...
Old 03-21-2023, 05:29 AM   #5

I received a replacement tablet from Jayco a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the board had a higher revision number and that the usb power cable was soldered to the board instead of it being a true jumper cable. I didn’t look to see if there were other changes. The tablet itself looked to be the same model.
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG7800 View Post
I received a replacement tablet from Jayco a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the board had a higher revision number and that the usb power cable was soldered to the board instead of it being a true jumper cable. I didn’t look to see if there were other changes. The tablet itself looked to be the same model.
Interesting. I wondered if they had made a change to it. Those sound like changes that may be beneficial...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:56 AM   #7

Mine is back to the boot loop sequence this morning again. last time it came back on its own. We will see, and of course we have a trip planned for the 29th. This would be the 3rd time charging it if it doesn't come back. I think I need to call the dealer and get it replaced.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:26 AM   #8

It seems that this has been a known problem but yet my dealer acts as if they know nothing about it. They just tell me to make an appointment for service. Well I too have had mine on a 2.4 amp external charger overnight but I can’t try it until I get home from work later this afternoon. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-21-2023, 07:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcat View Post
It seems that this has been a known problem but yet my dealer acts as if they know nothing about it. They just tell me to make an appointment for service. Well I too have had mine on a 2.4 amp external charger overnight but I can’t try it until I get home from work later this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

Mine knows about it as they have replaced some already. What I have seen so far is that, once it comes back, it will eventually go back to the boot loop is power is removed for a length of time. Mine was doing great until I took it for service locally. It came home working fine, but now it has done this twice since getting home.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcat View Post
I had to leave mine on the high amp charger for overnightish before it would come back. It took longer than I expected that it would.

I expected my dealer to say they hadn't heard anything about it. However, I think that I hit the jackpot when I took it in. The super nice woman that helped us had recently transferred to the service writer position, BUT she was most recently the warranty claims clerk. So, she was VERY familiar with the issue, and it was HER idea to see if she could get it replaced under warranty, not mine...
Old 03-21-2023, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Mine is back to the boot loop sequence this morning again. last time it came back on its own. We will see, and of course we have a trip planned for the 29th. This would be the 3rd time charging it if it doesn't come back. I think I need to call the dealer and get it replaced.
Super frustrating for sure...
Old 03-22-2023, 03:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
Super frustrating for sure...

And last night, just like that, it was back!! So it went on vacation for about 36 hours. What do you tell the dealer, lol.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:45 AM   #13

Great! I guess I will leave mine on the charger and see if it comes up, so far it’s just flashing BMPRO.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:07 AM   #14

Fingers crossed. I have had mine off the wall on an AC charger in the house twice, and in hindsight, it might have come back on its own. Seems like every time it has been unpowered for a period of time, an in getting worked on at dealer and RV repair shop, is where the problems arise. And not usually when you first bring it home, but possibly many days later.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
... Seems like every time it has been unpowered for a period of time, an in getting worked on at dealer and RV repair shop, is where the problems arise. And not usually when you first bring it home, but possibly many days later.
The first part of that makes sense about being at the dealers, if they don't have it plugged in.

The second part about days later, is weird. I would think that would be immediately...
Old 03-22-2023, 05:37 AM   #16

I agree, however, first time at the dealer for warranty work and it was fine for 2-3 weeks after. And they managed to almost totally drain the batteries. I know because JayCommand told on them. This last time at a local Rv repair place, they had it for a week or so. Battery was fine when we picked it up, but power was off to the batteries for sometime, as the work being performed did not require power. It did great for about 10 days. It then went out for a couple of hours and quickly returned. This time it has been a week or more since then. Not saying it's true, it just seems that way
Old 03-25-2023, 04:01 PM   #17

The BMPRO site says the battery should hold some charge for 195 days if it was fully charged when main batteries were disconnected. We will be powering up our trailer from N WI storage in a couple weeks. I've asked my dealer about this, and he says just give it time. He says usually they'll come up on their own in a couple days, once he had one come up but it took a week. Last summer when powered down, I did take it off and put it on a wall charger, but it was a pain. I've argued for a new one anyway as it is the BMPRO lite w/o/ buttons, but no go. Keeping my fingers crossed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7ShJnAtTP46tPF

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 05:50 PM   #18

Yup. Mine has been plugged into shore power and batteries hooked up for 2 weeks now and it’s not working. Going to dealer on Monday for service. Still under warranty. But I hate taking it there. Jayco will not send me a new tablet, has to go through dealer. I think they really need to address this problem since it seems to be a constant thing. They don’t tell you anywhere to keep the rv plugged in so the tablet doesn’t go dead. Good luck with yours!
Old 03-25-2023, 06:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
The BMPRO site says the battery should hold some charge for 195 days if it was fully charged when main batteries were disconnected. We will be powering up our trailer from N WI storage in a couple weeks. I've asked my dealer about this, and he says just give it time. He says usually they'll come up on their own in a couple days, once he had one come up but it took a week. Last summer when powered down, I did take it off and put it on a wall charger, but it was a pain. I've argued for a new one anyway as it is the BMPRO lite w/o/ buttons, but no go. Keeping my fingers crossed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7ShJnAtTP46tPF
The BMPro site is full of $+-#&$-++**.

A tablet battery will absolutely NOT last 195 days, when the tablet is ON, and you CANNOT turn it off.

That's the whole problem with the whole system...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:05 PM   #20

Exactly! I agree 100%