Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2021, 10:20 AM   #1

Bmpro TPMS

Just installed 4 sensors on my 2021 northpoint. Had pressure readings on all 4 and then left rear no longer gives a read. Any suggestions. Was thinking just take it off and let it pair again. Thank you
Lov2run1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:23 PM   #2

Those things are almost worthless. They gave me 4 of them, tried them and threw them in the junk bag. Installed 4 GMC OEM TPMS sensors that match my 2020 GMC 3500 and also installed 2 aftermarket GMC TPMS sensors in my 5x10 pull behind trailer. My truck is setup as a 3 axle 5th wheel and reads all of them flawlessly and that is at 45 feet from the truck rear bumper at that. Of course, I have no china bomb tires either which is helpful.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:45 AM   #3

BMPRO TPMS not reading

Similar issue here, Pinnacle 5th wheel. I installed, front 2 work OK. Both rear are intermittent. Changed batteries, most were weak. Still both rear occasionally display with the left rear being the most problematic. Been in contact with BMPRO but I haven't had time to get into this yet. ---

>>>That's a very odd issue you are experiencing....
If you swap the sensors from front to back do the ones in the back work fully or do they start to do the same thing? <<<

I have a set of GM TPMS that came with my truck but I was planning to use them on my other trailer. Hoping to get a resolution from BMPRO, I will update when I find out more.

Darren
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:15 AM   #4

I took it off and reinstalled and working fine. These were a bonus anyway because I’ve always had a routine of checking air pressure manually. I’m a retired truck driver so this is a bell an whistle.��. I’ll just kick them����
Old 05-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #5

You can get aftermarket GM TPMS sensors from RockAuto that work very well. 4 extra TPMS sensors came with my 2020 GMC 3500 and I picked up 2 aftermarket from Rockauto. I setup the truck as a dual axle without double pulling or a triaxle if double pulling. Works great.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #6

Thank you! I’ll used these until they no longer work then I’ll go back to kicking tires and check pressure manually.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:00 AM   #7

I had asked BMPro about a year ago about this issue. They said they know of the issue and are working on a fix. I never did hear from them. I am hoping the newest firmware update has a fix? I have yet to re install the sensors and try.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #8

Thank you for that! I had to air up tires a little today and personally, having to take the sensor off, the lock nut off also because air fitting can’t get on stem far enough. I’ll probably take them off and leave them off. It’s a lot faster using a gauge on them and Air up if need to.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:03 AM   #9

bmpro tpms

Reply frombmpro regarding tpms issues-

May 25, 2021, 5:06 GMT+10
Hi,

A work is in the fix. There should be an update from Jayco to TPMS issues in the coming weeks.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Reply frombmpro regarding tpms issues-

May 25, 2021, 5:06 GMT+10
Hi,

A work is in the fix. There should be an update from Jayco to TPMS issues in the coming weeks.
I hope so as that is the same reply I got last year about this same time......I gave up asking about it and just took the sensors off so I could go back to manually checking .
Old 05-29-2021, 09:34 PM   #11

Same here Left rear is not reading often on my new 2021 310RLTS
jjshryock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:08 PM   #12

Since I’ve installed these have not had any problems with lost signal. Gives accurate readings within the 3 lb spread for heat during the day and night it cooling down. Good so far.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #13

Update: It had been about a year since I heard from BMPro about the tpms issues. I contacted them and asked if there where any updates. They asked me if I would do some beta testing for them. They sent me what appears to be a Bluetooth signal booster with their name on it. I will have to install it somewhere between the Node and tires. I am thinking inside a kitchen lower cabinet , power with 12v and pair to the system. I hope to install it this weekend. We'll so how it goes....
Old 06-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #14

Please keep us posted - I have the same issues.
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:55 AM   #15

I installed these sensors in April and had 1 issue where they were all paired, then lost signal to front left and right rear. I decided to take those sensors off and reinstall like initial installation and WALLA! Haven’t had any issues since. I periodically manually check air pressure just to make sure tire pressure is accurate. Be well all!
Old 06-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #16

I've had a Tire-Safeguard TPMS for 8 or 9 years that I use just for the fifth wheel. It worked great until I dropped the monitor a few days ago and now it doesn't work so well. Before I spend $300 or so on a new system I think I should at least try the BMPro monitors. I haven't looked at it closely but I assume it is monitored with your phone. I guess you have to keep the app open for it to work and hope the signal is strong enough to reach the phone, which may be why it gets the complaints I see. Any advice other than to wish me good luck?
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #17

You’re on the right track. Yes, it’s the JAYCOMMAND app and can monitor it thru your phone’s Bluetooth. Good Luck!��
Old 06-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #18

I got 3 of the sensors to pair with my phone but the last, the passenger side rear sensor will not. I replaced the battery and tried a number of times but still no go. Any suggestions?
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #19

Mine won't stay connected, R/F seems to work most of the time, the others, none of the time! Contacted BMPRO and they said a software update was coming, but evidently it's not a software issue.

Appears to be a common problem, I have been waiting for Dbunke to post his results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
Update: It had been about a year since I heard from BMPro about the tpms issues. I contacted them and asked if there where any updates. They asked me if I would do some beta testing for them. They sent me what appears to be a Bluetooth signal booster with their name on it. I will have to install it somewhere between the Node and tires. I am thinking inside a kitchen lower cabinet , power with 12v and pair to the system. I hope to install it this weekend. We'll so how it goes....
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
Old 06-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #20

I did get the Bluetooth booster hooked up last weekend. First I reinstalled the 4 tpms sensors and of course within minutes I lost 2 of them. I then updated the software / firmware and paired the booster. I did have to unpaired and re pair the 2 sensor to read but so far so good. All 4 have been connected for the last 3 days. Taking the rig on a week long outing next weekend. We will see how they perform in the field...it also appears other bluetooth switches and phone app are quicker and more solid...I haven't reported back to BMPro yet, I want to tow with the booster first to make sure it really works. I will give all more info after next week's outing.