Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #1

BMPro vs. EQ Smart Equalizer JAYCO

Well, here is another example of one hand not shaking with the other. Brought the 2021 Pinnacle 32RLTS home after camping this weekend and encountered the oddest of problems. Took it off the truck, went to Auto Level and the games began. It immediately dropped the front jacks all way down to zero, mid-ship jacks started to deploy and hit the ground and stopped and then the rear jacks started coming down. Not only did they come down, but extended to their maximum without giving an out of stroke error. Once the rears deployed to the extend, the mid ship jacks raising again until the 5th wheel was approx. a foot and a half off the ground. YES, both axles where off the ground and the rear jacks were about a foot off the ground. Naturally, this was concerning. I did the Orientation drill, followed by the Re-set Null. No luck. This morning I called Equalizer Systems. THEY CALLED ME BACK WITHIN TWO HOURS !!!! My instructions are as follows. Take the EQ smart panel off, look on the back and disconnect all wires except for the Power (two reds and one black) and the 9 pin cable. In short, leave only those two connected. Power back up, do the Orientation followed by the Null and all should be OK. He also sent the ACTUAL EQ Manual for the 5th wheel. Surprisingly, he seemed relieved when I told him it was a JAYCO 5th wheel. He went directly into the instruction mode. He states the BMPro is interfering with the EQ System. You would think for being 65 years old you would have seen almost everything. Wait until you see your 5th Wheels rear end 6 feet off the ground. I will attempt the provided instructions this evening and report my findings later. Wish me luck.
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:38 PM   #2

Good luck.

Our system has worked perfectly for a year. So did our BMPro until I read a thread about a problem with the tablet. As soon as I did mine went out. The new one is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I hope I don't regret reading your post.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:17 AM   #3

OK gang, reporting back as I promised. I performed all the instructions that I was given by the Equalizer System Tech, (nice guy by the way) only to encounter another problem. When I finished with the Orientation and Null after dis-mounting the EQ pad, and hit AUTO LEVEL, it starting preforming the action correctly until it didn't. That is to say, this time it raise the FRONT jacks to the point of EXCESSIVE SLOPE. Well, I e-mailed Antonio (EQ Tech) this morning and gave him the bad news and the replied IMMEDIATELY and said that I had indeed performed all the actions correctly however; I MUST RE-MOUNT the EQ pad in order for it to re-set. Well, don't I feel like Forest Gump .... Stupid is as stupid does. UGH. So I will go home this evening and re-do the process this time re-mounting the EQ pad and see if I can get a box of chocolates. Again, wish me luck.
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Old 07-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #4

Your experience with Equalizer mirrors mine - don't remember the guy's name, but he was most helpful and very patient with me when I had an issue with mine. Very impressed with the company!
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:45 AM   #5

FINAL UPDATE: Re-mounted the EQ Pad, did the Orientation followed by the NULL and everything is functioning as normal. WHEW !!!! Forest Gump found his box of chocolates . As many know, when encountering an issue such as this, it is easy to eye brow beat the manufacturer but I must say, in this case, I received above average support from Equalizer System particularly Antonio Rodriquez. Unbelievable response to phone calls and e-mails. 1 phone call which was returned in under two hours and 2 e-mails returned immediately. This was actually solved by the first e-mail Antonio returned but I made the mistake of not re-mounting the EQ Pad thus generating a 2nd e-mail. Anyway, don't want to ramble but all is well and Equalizer Systems has GREAT support. SKDAWG OUT
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Old 07-28-2021, 07:18 AM   #6

Good for you. Did you follow the instructions you mentioned in your first post or did you get something different from Equalizer? The reason I ask is I am thinking a printed version would be a nice thing to have in my manual.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:17 AM   #7

I followed the instructions in the first post. Remove EQ PAD, disconnect all wiring except the Power (two red and one black) and the 9 pin connection. Here is where I made my mistake. After you disconnect the wiring, YOU MUST RE-MOUNT THE EQ PAD. Once you re-mount the pad, then do the Orientation and the Null and all will be well. Hope this makes sense. SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!