Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKEagle View Post
Only a few select 'cool' cats can not only tow a 5th Wheel with a Tundra but also double tow with a Tundra.
I have a 2013 Tundra crew max but I was under the impression that the bed was to small.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #62

I tried also to pick up the wiring at the pin box. I could not find all wiring in on location except for there. The frame work and underbody did not permit the wire run to the back. I settled on finding the tail light wiring, dropping down to the bumper.
SLEEKCRAFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
What is the total length on many of these double tow rigs that are shown in the photos?
Just by taking the size of the tow vehicle and estimating that to be about 18 feet, it appears some of these combinations are 75-80 feet long.
I am 60', nose to tail with my set up.

Becky, Bob and Taylie & Bode
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
His and Hers Polaris 570 Touring ATV's
2018 Polaris General 1000
Bobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 AM   #64

How about boats behind TT's?

[ATTACH]Attachment 14426[/ATTACH]How about boats behind TT's? This is what I've recently done to haul my boat behind my Eagle 266 RKS. Boat is a light weight Bass Chaser vinyl pontoon boat weighing in at about 100 lbs. Slide-out Bike Rack/Storage Tray will hold 350 lbs. Tried it in the truck bed, but tail gate hits trailer jack. I'd have to load the boat, lift it up to close the tail gate (leaving the boat resting on the top edge of the closed tail gate) then hook up the trailer. This is a much better solution, and leaves the hard tonneau covered truck bed available for my generator, waste-water tote, tools, ladder, etc. Tried it vertically, but would have had to screw eye bolts into the corners of the trailer voiding the warranty. Horizontally, I just hooked the ratchet straps to the bumper mounts, brought the straps up behind the bumper, through the boat's "handles", through the eyelets on the bike post, and back down to the tray frame. Boat covered the trailer's tail lights & license plate, so bought a trailer wiring kit, added that to the tray, and wired them into the trailer tail lights. Should be good to go!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00098.jpg   DSC00099.jpg   DSC00121.jpg