Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNelson View Post
klassic, I probably should have gone to the dealer for the fix but I took the easy way out and bought the assembled backing plate with new hardware and shoes locally. I bought Dexter because I have faith in them and they were only $51 each. So with new seals it cost me about $260 but I didn't have to tow it to the dealer, let is sit for who knows how long their backlog is this time of year, run the risk of some clown backing into it, having Lippert made brakes put back in, and on top all that possibly having to argue with Jayco about them over who pays. Besides I think it is pretty likely in my 56 years of owning and racing vehicles I have done more brake jobs than their mechanics.

Feeling okay with my decision.
That is a good decision. Mine sat for 4 weeks waiting for the brakes. Then 2 more because they sent all rights and no lefts

When Rock had his Pinnacle in to get his melted rim warrantied, they ran into his cap..I think that was a 2 month process. It was quite a story.

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #12

Over two months for brakes, insurance claim on cap (but dealer paid insurance back so no cost) than two more months getting decals and paint. One cluster after another getting decals. It took so long figuring out who would pay for complete brakes and one rim and tire. Service center just did more brake work and seals. When these go I will upgrade to dexter, good seals and non self adjusting brakes
Rock
Rock

Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #13

Well, I'm glad I had no warranty cause it's not transferable

I figure if you use the zerk to grease and don't have the wheels in the air then order the seals before you start. First time I pumped my bearings I figured 1/2 tube of grease meant blown seal but when I pulled the wheel it was fine and was just the OE bearing pack that left all the grease space.