Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #41

Lol. If I had hydraulic jacks, I would re-level every day for fun!
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #42

I got around to cutting them apart .as Klassic and Magnolia Tom said they were like everyone else's..So is the POPPING noise we hear the nut jumping off the stripped gear on the threaded rod?.I wonder if you can save the motor and reuse? If you could buy the nut and rod?
Tryintoretire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryintoretire View Post
I got around to cutting them apart .as Klassic and Magnolia Tom said they were like everyone else's..So is the POPPING noise we hear the nut jumping off the stripped gear on the threaded rod?.I wonder if you can save the motor and reuse? If you could buy the nut and rod?
It would be great if they sold just the inner leg.
You can see how easy it is to swap it out.
Lippert doesn’t sell it that way for some reason.
Looks like a $60 part.
I would be glad to she’ll out $60 to be sure my old Left jack isn’t about to strip out after doing the work of the right jack, after the right was stripped for how ever long.

BUT... all you need to do is sent Lippert a nice email, without attitude, and they will good will you a new complete jack.
I’m waiting for my new Left to arrive.
Now I will have two new front jacks.
I should get another 3 years out of them and trade the old girl in.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
BUT... all you need to do is sent Lippert a nice email, without attitude, and they will good will you a new complete jack.
I’m waiting for my new Left to arrive.
Now I will have two new front jacks.
I should get another 3 years out of them and trade the old girl in.
Great deal! How old was the one they replaced?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Great deal! How old was the one they replaced?
I bought mine July 28 2015.
Used very little because of Canadian winters and being at the dealer for repairs.
Lippert agreed with me that because my right had stripped out for an unknown length of time, ( I was having issues a few camping trips previously, that now makes sense after the broken jack was discovered), my Left was doing most, if not all, the lifting.
The left doesn’t sound very good anymore either. .
Old 11-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #46

An interesting note in the Lippert Ground Control 3.0, 4 and 6 Point OEM installation manual, for installations after June 1, 2018 it states if the trailet GVWR is greater than 15,500 lbs to contact Lippert engineering prior to installation. If the system is designed for 5th wheels with a GVWR of 15,500 or less what, if anything, is being done to accommodate the extra 1000 lbs that many of the Pinnacle models are rated. There is also a WARNING to not exceed GVWR. Just a thought.
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #47
Jon

Thank you all for the info!

I really appreciate all of you providing all this great information. I have replaced one broken landing gear a year or so on my 2017 Eagle 321RSTS, and am having Jack errors sometimes. So I'm worried about possible stranding failure and also the big kitchen Schwintek slide. Final straw may be the RV wash & wax service telling me the paint they use now will fade and dull and nothing I can do about it. I like the trailer but don't want to have to hassle with all these possible failures so I'm considering trading it in on a Bighorn.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I really appreciate all of you providing all this great information. I have replaced one broken landing gear a year or so on my 2017 Eagle 321RSTS, and am having Jack errors sometimes. So I'm worried about possible stranding failure and also the big kitchen Schwintek slide. Final straw may be the RV wash & wax service telling me the paint they use now will fade and dull and nothing I can do about it. I like the trailer but don't want to have to hassle with all these possible failures so I'm considering trading it in on a Bighorn.

We see all the things that fail or break on these forums. It's frustrating. Friends of ours from Ohio bought a Big Horn about 2 1/2 years ago. One year in, a spring hanger weld failed while on the interstate. The welder that was dispatched to make the repair, found the welds at the other end of that axle cracked, probably from the first one letting go and the axle shifting, so he went over all the welds. They also had a frame-less window shatter. Residential fridge wasn't supported properly either and it created some problems. There may be other things they haven't mentionedyet.

In the 2nd half of 2019, They've switched to hydraulic leveling on the 2020 North Point and Pinnacle. I'd feel better if Jayco went to hydraulic slides.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post

In the 2nd half of 2019, They've switched to hydraulic leveling on the 2020 North Point and Pinnacle. I'd feel better if Jayco went to hydraulic slides.

Wonder what the cost would be to switch out the electric system to a hydraulic one?

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #50
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
Wonder what the cost would be to switch out the electric system to a hydraulic one?
LCI sells hydraulic leveling systems beginning for about $4400 (not including installation), but given the apparently poor engineering that went into their electric leveling systems, not sure I'd want their hydraulic product. I noticed that the new NorthPoint hydraulic leveling system is from a different supplier. Not sure how either would work for a retrofit. Jayco would probably know but would they be willing to work with us on it???
Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #51
Jon

More good info. I'm also considering NorthPoint, but there is still the Schwintek and paint, and a new hydraulic leveling system with no track record with users. Yes, it's frustrating trying to find a comfortable and dependable RV these days - there is no such thing as anything near perfect. But, I travel with it a lot and living with the uncertainty of a likely landing jack breakage at any time, covering it with a spare jack and bottle jack, and having to do the extremely inconvenient repair (and hoping it works) while traveling, is all the opposite of the feeling I want to have in my RV.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
It's funny you mention hydraulic slides, as we had one on a 1996 Wilderness that we ordered new back then. It always worked, just not great. One side or the other would not extend or retract all the way. It needed a push to get it that last couple of inches. My FIL's slide on his 5er did the same thing. It didn't matter how we equalized it, or had the slide adjusted. I wonder if that's one of the reasons they went to all electric?

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:45 PM   #53

Was just searching threads about landing gear failure and saw yours.Just got home with my 2016 Jayco Eagle 3107RLOK,in hooked as usual hit the auto level (LCI) ground control 3.0,fronts started down as usual and heard bang! The right landing gear failed! Left was holding everything,was able to raise a few inches but too much for one it amped out after lifting a few inches.I can lift the right landing gear by hand.probably a stripped nut or the screw gear itself!Can you help out with any info on how you found the right part to order? I looked at the LCI site and can’t seem to find what I need.Giod thing is I have an extended warranty,bad thing is if I take it for repair I have to rig up a way to get it back on the truck!Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Lance D.
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanced View Post
Was just searching threads about landing gear failure and saw yours.Just got home with my 2016 Jayco Eagle 3107RLOK,in hooked as usual hit the auto level (LCI) ground control 3.0,fronts started down as usual and heard bang! The right landing gear failed! Left was holding everything,was able to raise a few inches but too much for one it amped out after lifting a few inches.I can lift the right landing gear by hand.probably a stripped nut or the screw gear itself!Can you help out with any info on how you found the right part to order? I looked at the LCI site and can’t seem to find what I need.Giod thing is I have an extended warranty,bad thing is if I take it for repair I have to rig up a way to get it back on the truck!Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Lance D.
I called Lippert to get the correct replacement part.
And I used cribbing and a 12 ton bottle jack to raise it enough to get hooked up to the truck.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #55

Check out this thread
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...0-a-76215.html

Someone found the jack leg separate from the motor at a much reduced cost.
They only sold it with the motor before.

I guarantee you if you pull the inner leg out of your broken jack, cut the top off off the inner leg and pull out the threaded block it will look like my pictures.

I would say this will happen to everyone who has this type of jack.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #56

Etrailer had just the Jack. Try this link:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC362485.html
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #57

It looks like neither example is a direct fit. Your original had a saddle attached to the foot with a single bolt or post, presumably to provide a swivel point.

Depending on the saddle dimensions of the right hand example, you might be able to bolt it on the same way the original saddle bolts on. You will still get the fore and aft rocker motion to adapt to uneven terrain, but not the swivel.
wagonicfolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #58

I'm betting the link that radar57 posted is the right one because the same exact thing happened to me. Right side jack instant failure. I got that same exact leg in the link but it looks like the rent has gone up quite a bit since I got mine just over a month ago. I paid like $235 shipped to my door.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #59

I posted in the other thread about this but I am having the same issue with one of mine. Started giving out of stroke errors every time I tried to auto level. Then it started making noise and binding up. Hasn't crashed down yet but I stopped using it. Jayco sent me a new replacement leg (complete assembly with motor and foot). I ordered a replacement leg for the other side just to have directly from Lippert.They gave me part number 362485.

Two days ago, it was cheaper to go with Lippert direct ($186.45 shipped) than etrailer but I think etrailer might have price matched. I ordered Thursday and it will be here Monday. So I have a new motor, leg, and pad to keep as a spares.

Now I just need to get it up high enough to be able to get the leg out.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
I posted in the other thread about this but I am having the same issue with one of mine. Started giving out of stroke errors every time I tried to auto level. Then it started making noise and binding up. Hasn't crashed down yet but I stopped using it. Jayco sent me a new replacement leg (complete assembly with motor and foot). I ordered a replacement leg for the other side just to have directly from Lippert.They gave me part number 362485.

Two days ago, it was cheaper to go with Lippert direct ($186.45 shipped) than etrailer but I think etrailer might have price matched. I ordered Thursday and it will be here Monday. So I have a new motor, leg, and pad to keep as a spares.

Now I just need to get it up high enough to be able to get the leg out.
You don't need to raise it high to get the leg out. You lift it out the top, not drop it out the bottom.