Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #1

Broken window

Last weekend my lawnmower and I broke a window out of my 2016 Jayco Eagle HT, it’s the living room window that has the large window at the top and the two smaller twist/pop open at the bottom. I broke only one of the small bottom windows. Has anyone had experience in replacing these? Glass company? Manufacturer? Hopefully I don’t have to replace the entire window assembly. Thanks in advance
KHOOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #2

If you can remove the frame that the glass came in. The frame that actually attached to the glass and not the edge built into the wall to your local glass place and they should be able to do it. If not them then a car glass place if the glass is specialty glass. Several RVs ago my local glass guy did it for about $30.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:33 AM   #3

Awesome thank you
Old 09-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #4

www.nationwidervglass.com

www.rvglass.com
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:58 AM   #5

Thank you
Old 09-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #6

I just went thru this same nonsense a few months the ago. My window blew out for no reason as I was parking it in the driveway. It made no contact with anything, it just broke. Its tempered glass and it will do just that. Regardless, first place I went to was my local glass shops. Useless. They didnt want to mess with it because its tempered glass. My dealer was the next call. They got one ordered from jayco but had no idea of when it would show up. I found my window on the internet. I think both of these websites go to the same outfit.
https://www.trekwood.com/

https://elkrv.com/

You'll end up getting the entire window, frame and all. I would just buy it that way and take the glass off of it and put it in your existing frame. Much easier and you wont break the seal between the frame and the wall.
Not to mention, if your windows are frameless glass like mine, how are you gonna attach the glass to the old hinge and lower attachment?? And cleaning the broken glass and sealant junk off of the old hardware is not fun. Been there, done that.
Btw, I had my new window in about 10 days vs 6 weeks from the dealer.
When I ordered my window they go off the size of the hole in the wall, not glass size. Tiara (Trekwood) is where I got mine from and they said the window they had fits a Keystone trailer yet the dimensions are the same and it is made by LCI. My windows are LCI windows. LCI is making windows by certain size and the rv manufacturers throw them in. It's the same as GoodYear tire makes a X size Wrangler tire that goes on a Ford truck at the factory. Well that same exact X size tire made by Goodyear also goes on GM, Ram, Toyota, etc, vehicles. They are not specific to a vehicle. If the size is the same, itll fit.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, window