Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2023, 10:11 AM   #1

Broken winegard rz‑6035 antenna

I broke my winegard rz‑6035 antenna by running into a low hanging tree branch. Since I never use this antenna anyway, I would like to seal the hole on the rv roof. So I know one of the components to use is the Dicon lap sealant, is there a blank panel that I can get to cover the hole? What type of screws to use? My RV is 2018 Jayco 5th wheel 26.5BHS.
cgalutera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalutera1 View Post
I broke my winegard rz‑6035 antenna by running into a low hanging tree branch. Since I never use this antenna anyway, I would like to seal the hole on the rv roof. So I know one of the components to use is the Dicon lap sealant, is there a blank panel that I can get to cover the hole? What type of screws to use? My RV is 2018 Jayco 5th wheel 26.5BHS.
The hole shouldn't be that big. I'd just pick up a 4" round electrical cover or similar from my local hardware store and some stainless steel screws (or just use the screws securing the antenna, if they're in decent shape.) Make sure to dicor over the screw heads as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Cover.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 09:55 AM   #3

After you cover the hole with the cover and screw it down, use eternatape over top of the cover and the screws. you can get the tape on amazon. This tape is amazing; no more worries with this section of roof.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:09 PM   #4

I removed the TV antenna from our trailer, and cut a piece of aluminum sign (like a yard sale sign, from Home Depot) to make a patch. I didn't screw it in - just laid down three pieces of wide Eternabond to hold it down and seal it.

Antenna is in a box for the next owner - if they want to reinstall it, it'll be easy to do.
El Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote