Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2021, 01:15 PM   #21

From recent personal experience, Jayco current personnel that I have talked with, doesn't have a clue about their slide systems they have put in field.
rfkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #22

Well, I can tell you that there have been documented problems with unit that are G1RL because ours is one of them! Our vin is G1RL0055. We had the same problem and Jayco approved and paid for the repairs at a welding shop near where we lived. The repair was made using 1" square steel tubing pieces to replace the cheap crap Jayco installed. We haven't had a problem since. We delt with Angela Kniffen at Jayco and had no problem at all getting it taken care of,but, that was before Thor took over. So, they are feeding you a line of BULL!
Old 02-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #23

Fingerlakes,
So u still r alive, LOL. I told Marine about the hidden outrigger u found. As u know even Jayco factory missed mine. After u found a wet floor I spent several days sealing all that mess. I remember when u were at factory and mine was waiting on double Payne windows. I think by now Jayco must of replaced all roofs from staples poking up. I have only seen posts from a few who have had that weird outside firewall rub on kitchen slide. I have plenty of room on dining room slide. Axles are centered on frame and no room on kitchen slide. I will bet my FW walls are not equally spaced on frame. Like maybe 3/8 to 1/2 off to the left. I am so glad I got that 7 year warranty. It has paid for itself X3.
I think the reason mine was at factory repair for almost 2 months they did not know how to fix the sidewall rub. They changed all springs and a heavier center rubber suspension. Raised my FW over an inch.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:17 PM   #24

Fingerlakes,
How can ur Vin be over 100 before mine when they were made on the same run of FBTS’s. Wonder if Jayco does numbers by all FW lines and goes up a number for each completion.
Jayco had no documented outrigger problems just like no schwintec problems.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:40 PM   #25

Lol, yup still alive. We got our unit in June of 15 when the 16's were just coming out, maybe that's why vin is low compared to yours? So far, only one staple caused problem and I fixed that myself. Of course, that could change overnight! We got the 7 year extended warranty too and so far only claim we've had is for the refridgerator control panel. The leds went out and you couldn't tell what the settings were. Warranty is good till June of 22 so we're still covered for a bit yet. So far, our suspension is holding up (knock on wood) lol. Like you, every time I run the slides in or out I hold my breath and hope for the best! I did replace the Fantastic fan that's above the pantry, but Fantastic gave me a new one under warranty so that was free. Overall, I guess we're happy with the rig but it is certainly disheartening all the crap we have been through to get things to work right. We're still wintering in Crystal River and going home to NY State for the summer.
Fingerlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #26

I have had two schwintec issues so far. Still debating if gonna head to our camp in the Adirondacks first or just head from here out to Custer, Yellowstone and Glacier NP.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #27

Question Need clarification please

I'm really interested in this thread since my 2015 Pinnacle has not had these issues, I think.

Problem is I can't be sure because I don't know what an outrigger is in this contextand what is a sub?
jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #28

Open ur kitchen slide and look underneath at the FW frame. U will see several metal pieces that extend out under the floor. This adds stiffness to the floor to support the slide.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:59 PM   #29

AhHa

Too obvious. I just never looked since I have Schwintek on that slide. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #30

Guess what

My 2015 Pinnacle FLSA doesn't have any outriggers. The only thing under the slide is a cable run assembly. I guess I should be glad but...
Old 02-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #31

U sure about that. Look at the frame not the bottom of the slide. The outrigger supports are under the floor where it hangs out over the frame. It is the part directly above ur tires that the outrigger supports. U can close ur slide and look straight up that is the area it supports.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #32

Fingerlakes,
Sorry I confused u with another FBTS owner who is the guy who got his from a dealer outside the factory. Way back there was an FBTS thread and we both ordered same time. He had numerous issues. Roof, Slide, outriggers, floor wet and bending down. He work traveled in his and after many issues just gave up. He did factory tour waiting on pick up from the dealer and looked at mine waiting the double Payne windows. I am still dealing with new issues all the time but have used mine for years fulltime between home sale, waiting on new house and than Cat 5 Hurricane. Biggest issue now is the freakin slide. If it quits during my Yellowstone, Glacier trip I will push it off a cliff.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #33

Rock, we just spoke with the company doing the outrigger repair. He sent this picture showing how the floor is not covered with the plastic. Once the new outriggers are on, he is going to put silicone to protect the flooring. He said there does not appear to be any damage.

For ALL other Pinnacle owners, look under your kitchen slide and you may want to add silicone to protect your flooring.
Attached Thumbnails
Floor.jpg  
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #34

Dennis,
I would never of thought to push up that material under the frame to expose the floor. Not only did I seal that seam but also all the underneath slide metal lap seams. Did they remove that lower metal cowl and center Jack to get to the hidden outrigger? Was not pleased that the factory service center missed that outrigger. At least my repair is keeping that straight. After long trips I check it for piece of mind to make sure my repair keeps it straight. But I worry that the Lippert factory weld will fail since that happened to two other outriggers.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Rock, we just spoke with the company doing the outrigger repair. He sent this picture showing how the floor is not covered with the plastic. Once the new outriggers are on, he is going to put silicone to protect the flooring. He said there does not appear to be any damage.

For ALL other Pinnacle owners, look under your kitchen slide and you may want to add silicone to protect your flooring.
Dennis I am afraid to look under mine anymore. Not sure how all you guys have numbers that you do?? Mine is G1RGO147

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Dennis,
I would never of thought to push up that material under the frame to expose the floor. Not only did I seal that seam but also all the underneath slide metal lap seams. Did they remove that lower metal cowl and center Jack to get to the hidden outrigger? Was not pleased that the factory service center missed that outrigger. At least my repair is keeping that straight. After long trips I check it for piece of mind to make sure my repair keeps it straight. But I worry that the Lippert factory weld will fail since that happened to two other outriggers.
Not sure but we told them about it after your posting. Anytime we learn something new, we communicate with them. They are now fabricating new, stronger outriggers.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Dennis I am afraid to look under mine anymore. Not sure how all you guys have numbers that you do?? Mine is G1RGO147
Perhaps different models have different numbers? Just a thought.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #38

Update

Hi. The unit is still being worked on - we were there today checking on the status. They took us back to look at the progress, the new outriggers, etc. In discussions with them (the owner owns a Grand Design Momentum 5ver and the tech working on it also owns a 5ver - not sure of the make/model), the owner said that when the slide is all the way out, it is NOT sitting on the outriggers & contrary to what Jayco says, we should be putting a jack on the metal frame on the slide - one at each end to help with the weight of the slide out. He was a bit surprised (NOT, nothing surprises him) about the lack of support when the slide is all the way out. There is no beam or anything for that slide.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #39

Dennis,
Schwintec is just a rack on each wall with rollers on the floor. When slide is either full out or in the slide wall frame edges hit the RV side walls and stalls out the motors. That is what holds the slide from falling out or in. The outrigger gives support to the floor that extends past the frame. The bouncing driving down the highway flexes the floor down from the slide weight and bends the outriggers. When I stay at my camp I put a 2x4 under each end of slide and support with a Jack to help support. Your slide is above those outriggers whether it is in or out. Why he told u that I do not know. As the slide is going out it is increasing weight on the outrigger. All the way in it has less weight on the outrigger. But u r not bouncing down the highway with it out.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #40

Dennis,
Also that hidden longer outrigger by the center Jack is just forward of the schwintec wall rack and forward of slide. Just the weight of the slide bending the floor is what bent that outrigger down. That shows u how much weight the forward part of the slide with fridge, stove and all else is up there.

Tags
build, fbts