Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #1

Bumper grill installation

They told me the bumper grill was under the bed in my HT 29.5 BHDS, and I found a spring loaded foldable stand that came with it. There was already a bumper grill attachment on the bumper. My problem is there was not way I could use the spring load foldable stand to attach to my FW as I could not find a bracket that they were talking about, and the preinstalled bumper grill attachment was not the correct size for the grill. I could may be install one of the pins in this to one side of the grill but the other side was the wrong measurement for the second vertcal pin. Did anyone have any experience installing this? How did you all do this. The grill anyway is not a fancy one. Any help from experienced FW HT owners is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #2

We have the bumper grill on our 27.5 RTLS; discovered the stand in the box does not work with the bumper mount. We think it just came with the accessory.
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #3

I've got the same setup on my HT. At first I thought it didn't go together either. It's not very intuitive, but I did figure it out eventually. On a side note, that grill sucks. I used it once. You're not missing much. I Wasn't impressed. I do however like the swing out grill holder as a towel rack.

Here's my bracket and grill. Apart and together so you can potentially see what stuff you're supposed to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I've got the same setup on my HT. At first I thought it didn't go together either. It's not very intuitive, but I did figure it out eventually. On a side note, that grill sucks. I used it once. You're not missing much. I Wasn't impressed. I do however like the swing out grill holder as a towel rack.

Here's my bracket and grill. Apart and together so you can potentially see what stuff you're supposed to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. How do you attach this grill to the bumper mount since they stated I have the bumper grill mount and the grill was under the bed? I am trying to attach it and see no logical way of doing so. I can make one pin the bumper mont to install on one side of the grill but the second pin on the mount is too far away for the other aide of the grill.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesykay View Post
We have the bumper grill on our 27.5 RTLS; discovered the stand in the box does not work with the bumper mount. We think it just came with the accessory.
Thanks! Were you able to mount the grill to the bumper using the bumper mount that was installed on the bumper?
Old 11-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #6

Bumper grill installation

Assuming you have the same bumper mount that’s on most units, the grill slides onto the two posts. I have to “adjust” mine slightly by moving the middle pivot point until the posts lone up with the holes on the grill.

Attaching a pic of the mount may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #7

Thanks a lot! I shall try what you stated and shall also upload a picture the next time I am near my FW. I have it stored away at my property away from where I am right now.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #8

The part that is fixed to the bumper should have a large vertical plate that swings out and the part that the grill slides onto hangs on that plate. My whole package went in the scrap bin. I didn't like BBQ'ing in the dark @ the back of the trailer. I rerouted the QD gas line to the side of the steps and converted a Coleman grill to work. Now I can grill under the awning.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #9

The spring loaded mount is meant to be attached to the side of a tent trailer. It's the same thing i had on my old MAC, it attaches to rails on the side. If you have the swing out grill mount on the bumper you just guide the posts into the vertical holes on the BBQ itself.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #10

Thanks! This worked.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #11

Thanks. It worked. Do you still ise the grill that came with this?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccso2213 View Post
Assuming you have the same bumper mount that’s on most units, the grill slides onto the two posts. I have to “adjust” mine slightly by moving the middle pivot point until the posts lone up with the holes on the grill.

Attaching a pic of the mount may help.

Thanks this worked. Do you se the grill that came with this?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #13

I tried the grill that came with the trailer and fits on the bumper mount. It was useless. Took the bumper mount off. Bought a coleman road trip.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #14

I use it all the time. I’m in the minority of people in that I actually like mine! Lol. I clean it well after the last use and dry well before putting it away. Still in good shape after 2 seasons.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAr View Post
I tried the grill that came with the trailer and fits on the bumper mount. It was useless. Took the bumper mount off. Bought a coleman road trip.
I did the exact same thing. Too bad the OE grill is such a light weight, no scrap value.

I rerouted the gas line from the rear and put the bracket on the side of the steps. Took the reg off the Coleman and now I grill under the awning instead of at the back of the trailer.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
I did the exact same thing. Too bad the OE grill is such a light weight, no scrap value.

I rerouted the gas line from the rear and put the bracket on the side of the steps. Took the reg off the Coleman and now I grill under the awning instead of at the back of the trailer.
I took the regulator off the coleman and bought an extra long hose.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #17

Bumper grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmadras View Post
They told me the bumper grill was under the bed in my HT 29.5 BHDS, and I found a spring loaded foldable stand that came with it. There was already a bumper grill attachment on the bumper. My problem is there was not way I could use the spring load foldable stand to attach to my FW as I could not find a bracket that they were talking about, and the preinstalled bumper grill attachment was not the correct size for the grill. I could may be install one of the pins in this to one side of the grill but the other side was the wrong measurement for the second vertcal pin. Did anyone have any experience installing this? How did you all do this. The grill anyway is not a fancy one. Any help from experienced FW HT owners is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I never installed the grill on my 2017 29.5 BHDS...don't like have a grill that close to the camper + I don't like to have things hanging off the bumper.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #18
Site Team

Wonder how high the scrap pile would be if all those grill were piled in spot!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote