Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #41

Great comments guys and gals the wife was wondering was this a good unit and after hearing all of the comment I am convince that it will do us for many years.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #42

Another happy owner

We have a 2017 321rsts changed the bathroom fan. Have the morryde rubber pin box. Its a must have. Wish we had dual air. Minor issues dealer has fixed. Added wet bolts myself. Pulling with 2016 F250 cc sb with pullrite autoslider. Another must have.
Air bags on rear of truck. 60psi rides great on all but the worse roads. We are very happy with this rig

RoadrunnerII
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #43

This is awesome to hear RoadrunnerII, I have a 2017 2500 CTD I have Firestone airbag with remote and this is good to hear what psi you are running. The 2019 321 that we are getting have more of all of the option that we could have. Do you also have any pics handy that you don't mind posting? It will be good to see some and any other that have some pics on your pc.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #44

Big1 we have a 2018 321rsts that we purchased in April of last year. We love it. I've had a few minor problems with it. The LP regulator went out while we were camping so I just went and purchased one and replaced it. My dealer gave me a new one when we got back home. Then as we were about to leave one day I was letting the slide in and heard a loud bang. Then it wouldn't work anymore. It was the slide with the theater seats and dining room table in it. So I got under the RV and pulled off the access panel where the slide motor is located. It had completely bent the bracket that holds the motor to the slide rails. Considering we were just a few hours from leaving I took the motor and bracket off. Took the bracket to my shop and put it in a vice and essentially beat on it with a hammer until it was straight again. Reinstalled it and have not had anymore problems with it. Not sure why it did that. Probably wasn't installed right to start off with. Otherwise, we love it and hope to have many years of camping in it.
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by georam1 View Post
Big1 we have a 2018 321rsts that we purchased in April of last year. We love it. I've had a few minor problems with it. The LP regulator went out while we were camping so I just went and purchased one and replaced it. My dealer gave me a new one when we got back home. Then as we were about to leave one day I was letting the slide in and heard a loud bang. Then it wouldn't work anymore. It was the slide with the theater seats and dining room table in it. So I got under the RV and pulled off the access panel where the slide motor is located. It had completely bent the bracket that holds the motor to the slide rails. Considering we were just a few hours from leaving I took the motor and bracket off. Took the bracket to my shop and put it in a vice and essentially beat on it with a hammer until it was straight again. Reinstalled it and have not had anymore problems with it. Not sure why it did that. Probably wasn't installed right to start off with. Otherwise, we love it and hope to have many years of camping in it.

Thank you for your comment georam1, I had something similar to what you just explain with our Dutchman Denali so we were lucky because we had took it in for warranty work at the dealer and it broke while they had it. We were having problem with it after they fix it but it didn't happen all the time.

Funny thing is that keystone have been calling me about the problem, they call me which I was surprise how they did. So like you I haven't had any problem with it lately I'm going to do a trade with it. I hope that this one will be better or I want have that problem on the new one.

It's snowing now here so hopefully I will pick it up soon, my wife and I have already bought some stuff for the new 5th wheel and I will be sure to post some pics.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #46

Pics as requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
This is awesome to hear RoadrunnerII, I have a 2017 2500 CTD I have Firestone airbag with remote and this is good to hear what psi you are running. The 2019 321 that we are getting have more of all of the option that we could have. Do you also have any pics handy that you don't mind posting? It will be good to see some and any other that have some pics on your pc.
As requested a few pics. Still really like the unit
RoadrunnerII
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190129_154016.jpg   IMG_20190129_154038.jpg   IMG_20170830_191217840.jpg  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
As requested a few pics. Still really like the unit
RoadrunnerII

Thank you for the pics, I much have look at them a few times over and over I love them. Did you have those topper install or did you did them yourself, this is something I might have them to do on the one we getting? I also have that same rugs as you, we are getting close on getting it maybe in a couple weeks.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #48

If you are going to order a unit, have the slide toppers installed by the factory. They are 1/2 the price from the factory.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
If you are going to order a unit, have the slide toppers installed by the factory. They are 1/2 the price from the factory.
I had the slide toppers added by dealer. I would agree have them added at factory and if possible change out barhroom fan and max air vent covers. Note if you take the standard jayco fan the maxair vent cover limits the air output. The standard unit we got vented out the sides not the back. I added a maxair fan and bigger maxair cover but wish I had bought the one with remote and auto open. Wife can't reach the fan controls. She's 5'4" and uses a pole to engage fan but opening lid is the issue.

RoadrunnerII
Old 02-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #50

Okay, I need to talk to the dealer and maybe I can still have them to put one in for me while they still have it. I sign some of the paper work so I can't include it in the deal but maybe I can just have them to install it and pay the extra cost. The one I bought or buying was on their lot already meant our need well I should said setup.

And I guess if I can get any done I would have them to install the Maxair fan.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #51

Well thanks to you guys I am having the dealer install the Maxxair Deluxe fan with remote so when we go and pick it up it will be already in, I know that I could have install it myself but this time I choose not to do it this time, thanks guys.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:06 AM   #52

Good call. You will like it. I keep mine set at 70% when running. It works great. Enjoy your new FW.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #53

I wish I can go and pick it up but we have a big snow storm here now.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #54

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2018, towing with a Chevy HD-2500 Duramax full length bed, gooseneck ball with the Anderson hitch. If you have a full length bed did you need to ad a plug in the bed or does the plug reach the existing plug on the rear bumper?
vrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #55

I added the plug in the bed side wall as I did not want the cord hanging over the tailgate. My cord is long enough that it will plug into the bumper trailer plug
Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #56

I'm going to add the 2nd AC and could go with the 13000 or 15000 BTU?

The 15000 isn't much more $$ but is that really necessary for just the bedroom? If the 15000 is good for that giant family room area I would think 13000 is more than enough for the much smaller room and it will take a little less power.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #57

Hey Big1, I'm also snowed in up here in Redmond. I ran across a deal in Utah on one of the few 2018 models left in the country I could not pass up but not sure when I can go get it either, maybe end of the month. Are you purchasing from Valley RV?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #58

Good point about the cord hanging over the tailgate, but could the cord be "tied" to the underside of the neck so it is above and not interfering with anything in the truck bed and then hang down to the rear connector, although maybe opening the tail gate also gets in the way? I guess it just depends on how long the cord is.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrader View Post
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2018, towing with a Chevy HD-2500 Duramax full length bed, gooseneck ball with the Anderson hitch. If you have a full length bed did you need to ad a plug in the bed or does the plug reach the existing plug on the rear bumper?

I had a plug-in install in the bed for a neater setup the guys told me that it was only a 20 minutes install. I think that it would be better if the plug-ins be install in the bed and like I mention the guy told me that it was an 20 minutes or so install.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrader View Post
Hey Big1, I'm also snowed in up here in Redmond. I ran across a deal in Utah on one of the few 2018 models left in the country I could not pass up but not sure when I can go get it either, maybe end of the month. Are you purchasing from Valley RV?

Yes sir I am buying my 321rsts at Valley RV this was the only one they had and the wife and I love the layout and the traditional interior. I'm in the Lakewood area and yeah it is bad here, I think that we have over 10' here.

After all of this snow is gone I will be going to pick her up, it also give me a little time to start taken stuff out of my old one and getting some things ready to move over to the new one.