Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #281

Sound good we have a trip plan in OR in September I wish that we can get away sooner but with all of my church functions and with the youth it will be hard. So how do your Dmax tow your bigger fiver?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #282

The Duramax pulls it quite well. We loaded up all of our stuff we had in the previous trailer and found that fully loaded, minus clothing and food, it dropped the suspension the point that the truck sits completely level now. Even my hitch is level. Something I never saw with the HT. I towed it around town some just to get used to it, and then also spent a little time in a parking lot with pool noodles to practice backing. I may add a set of Timbrens before any long trips, but in the mean time I’ll pull it some more locally and reevaluate as I go. The toughest thing pulling this is watching for tree limbs. I’m paranoid about that.

As for the trailer itself, it’s great. The living space is so comfortable. When moving our stuff into it a neighbor came by to chat and it didn’t feel like we were in a camper at all. Also, the storage. We travel pretty light and have to plan our placement of items so they don’t fly around in all the space.

Now I just have some learning do in regards to the res fridge and it’s inverter as well as the Sanicon. Also, the interface with the leveling is different than my HT. One thing I’ve learned already is that fridge uses some power. I could hear my gen fluctuating outside as the fridge would cycle with the AC running.

The dog came in as we moved and made himself at home right away.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0812.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	51286Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0809.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	51287
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
The Duramax pulls it quite well. We loaded up all of our stuff we had in the previous trailer and found that fully loaded, minus clothing and food, it dropped the suspension the point that the truck sits completely level now. Even my hitch is level. Something I never saw with the HT. I towed it around town some just to get used to it, and then also spent a little time in a parking lot with pool noodles to practice backing. I may add a set of Timbrens before any long trips, but in the mean time I’ll pull it some more locally and reevaluate as I go. The toughest thing pulling this is watching for tree limbs. I’m paranoid about that.

As for the trailer itself, it’s great. The living space is so comfortable. When moving our stuff into it a neighbor came by to chat and it didn’t feel like we were in a camper at all. Also, the storage. We travel pretty light and have to plan our placement of items so they don’t fly around in all the space.

Now I just have some learning do in regards to the res fridge and it’s inverter as well as the Sanicon. Also, the interface with the leveling is different than my HT. One thing I’ve learned already is that fridge uses some power. I could hear my gen fluctuating outside as the fridge would cycle with the AC running.

Attachment 51286Attachment 51287

Yes, yes this is great to hear they are very nice and the wife and I really love it, if I had to do it over again I would have gone with the Timbrens but for now I got what I have, on my next truck if God willing I have get those next.

Don't get me wrong I love my airbags I even have the remote that I can push the button to air them up and down when I want to but sometimes they can be a problem to me anyway.

The wife and I love that color but we are more conservative we like the wood traditional style.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #284

Beautiful rig AND dog!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #285

Thanks. That’s Winston. He’s a character. I’ve got a question for those with a residential fridge. On mine, it has recommended setting of 37 degrees for the fridge and 0 for the freezer. Seems I could save on some battery juice in transit by dialing that back a bit. Any of you do anything similar?
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #286

Quote:
Thanks. That’s Winston. He’s a character. I’ve got a question for those with a residential fridge. On mine, it has recommended setting of 37 degrees for the fridge and 0 for the freezer. Seems I could save on some battery juice in transit by dialing that back a bit. Any of you do anything similar?
We keep the freezer at "0" and the fridge at 34. Have never had a problem with loosing battery voltage. I have two 12V batteries. I like my beer very cold when we get to a CG
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:16 AM   #287

Quote:

I think that you have to run the freeze on propane when in transit, we keep our on 3 or 4 and then it all depend on how hot it is.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:18 AM   #288

Quote:

Attachment 51286Attachment 51287

Yep, your dog look like a man eater for sure, lol wow look at those teeth he do seem to be lay back, cute dog.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 AM   #289

I have the residential refrigerator also. I have 2 group 27 12v standard batteries (non AGM nor lithium). Refrigerator is set for 0deg freezer and 37deg refrigerator. Recently drove a couple of 8 hour days, stopping to camp overnight with electric hookups. Batteries are still at full power...12.65v. I use a small 12v outlet battery monitor to check batteries as well as looking at inverter screen. I check status of batteries when disconnected from any outside source (no gen, unplugged from TV, no electric hookup). I don't have solar (maybe later), and used a small generator (50a to 15a connector) when stopping for lunch (used the gen to help power out slides, not so much to keep batteries topped off. But i did let it run while stopped). No issues so far. My wife and I love the 321rsts.

Fyrehuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrehuntr View Post
I have the residential refrigerator also. I have 2 group 27 12v standard batteries (non AGM nor lithium). Refrigerator is set for 0deg freezer and 37deg refrigerator. Recently drove a couple of 8 hour days, stopping to camp overnight with electric hookups. Batteries are still at full power...12.65v. I use a small 12v outlet battery monitor to check batteries as well as looking at inverter screen. I check status of batteries when disconnected from any outside source (no gen, unplugged from TV, no electric hookup). I don't have solar (maybe later), and used a small generator (50a to 15a connector) when stopping for lunch (used the gen to help power out slides, not so much to keep batteries topped off. But i did let it run while stopped). No issues so far. My wife and I love the 321rsts.
Hey Fyrehuntr, where your inverter optional in your 321rsts? If so is it in the front bay?
Old 07-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #291

If it’s like mine, it’s on the ceiling of the driver’s side pass through. It also has a remote screen on the side of the dresser in the bedroom.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey Fyrehuntr, where your inverter optional in your 321rsts? If so is it in the front bay?
Quote:
If it’s like mine, it’s on the ceiling of the driver’s side pass through. It also has a remote screen on the side of the dresser in the bedroom.
X2.....same location as mine. Remote screen as well. The inverter is included if you have the residential refrigerator.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #293

Okay, okay it's still not registering can you take any pics, I don't know maybe mines is not residential?
Old 07-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #294

This is the one I have also I received my TST 507 system in the mail yesterday but I haven't been out to install it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2791.jpg  
Old 07-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #295

Buying a Eagles 321RSTS

Here’s a pic of the residential. Whirlpool. It’ll only run on AC power. No DC and no propane. The inverter takes the battery DC and makes some AC for the fridge when no shore power is available. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	51329

Smart move on the TPMS. I keep saying I’m going to do that and never get to it. Hopefully I get to it before I wish I had.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-06-2019, 05:49 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
This is the one I have also I received my TST 507 system in the mail yesterday but I haven't been out to install it yet.

Looks like a camper fridge that would run off of propane and 120V.
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #297

Yet I don't think that we have that so no worry but I just got done programming my TST 507 I just need to go out the 5th wheel and install the sensors just a piece of mind. I had one tire that went flat on me it was a miracle that it just went flat when we were at the camp site.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #298

Buying a Eagles 321RSTS

Today, after getting some Timbrens for my truck I headed off for a test drive and then a stop at the scales. Turns out my pre calculations were pretty close. I’m over GWVR as planned. Under rear axle by about 400lbs and under rear tire by about 1200. The Timbrens are fully engaged with the trailer connected so it towed great with them. No big jolts or harshness. Body roll is back to where it was with my lighter trailer.

Have a trip in 10 days to a state park just about 2hrs away. Just a night to enjoy/nitpick the trailer before I make my first warranty appt.

I think this trailer is easier to back than my HT I previously owned. Maybe it’s the longer distance from wheels to kingpin. It reacts quicker to my inputs.

I need to ask, how do you all deal with the stove top vent? On my old trailer I’d keep it closed unless we were going to need it. This one was installed by a giant. I need a ladder to get to it. Seriously. I need a full size ladder to get to it.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #299

Quote:
Today, after getting some Timbrens for my truck I headed off for a test drive and then a stop at the scales. Turns out my pre calculations were pretty close. I’m over GWVR as planned. Under rear axle by about 400lbs and under rear tire by about 1200. The Timbrens are fully engaged with the trailer connected so it towed great with them. No big jolts or harshness. Body roll is back to where it was with my lighter trailer.

Have a trip in 10 days to a state park just about 2hrs away. Just a night to enjoy/nitpick the trailer before I make my first warranty appt.

I think this trailer is easier to back than my HT I previously owned. Maybe it’s the longer distance from wheels to kingpin. It reacts quicker to my inputs.

I need to ask, how do you all deal with the stove top vent? On my old trailer I’d keep it closed unless we were going to need it. This one was installed by a giant. I need a ladder to get to it. Seriously. I need a full size ladder to get to it.

Lol, I know what you mean I pick up a three steps ladder at homedepot so I can get up their also, I will open when I goes on a trip and when I put it in storage I will lock it back, don't want no critters getting in their.

When you get it hookup to your truck can you take some pics, if I didn't have airbag on my I would have got the Timbrens so I like my airbag so I will be keeping them as long as I have my truck.

I know that their is a posts that is going around but as long you are good on your front and rear axles and good on the GCWR you are good to go.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #300

I use an extendable broomstick to reach the tabs on the stove vent.
https://www.amazon.com/H-B-Smith-TAL...gateway&sr=8-1

I also marked the stick at measurement points for slide-outs. Just use a silver permanent marker on the black handle. I can hold the stick against the wall and use it as a measure before extending slides.

I use it for the love bug cleaning pads also
https://www.lovebugeraser.com/

And to attach a soft brush for washing camper.
https://www.amazon.com/CarCarez-Bris...gateway&sr=8-4