Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #61

Plug in or out of the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
I added the plug in the bed side wall as I did not want the cord hanging over the tailgate. My cord is long enough that it will plug into the bumper trailer plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I had a plug-in install in the bed for a neater setup the guys told me that it was only a 20 minutes install. I think that it would be better if the plug-ins be install in the bed and like I mention the guy told me that it was an 20 minutes or so install.
Thanks, I can see it would be neater that way but I also don't to interfere with putting stuff in the back of the truck and the chance it shifts around (like golf clubs, generator, firewood, whatever) and knocks the plug loose. If it's long enough I'll probably just start with it the way it is and sounds like an easy update later.
It's snowing really hard again, and we are at about 14-15 inches: incredible. I feel like we are in Wyoming, yet spring is about 6 weeks away and we are buying campers.
I think Valley is good, I met the son of the owner when I purchased my truck from them and they were good to deal with and have great reviews. I was looking for a 2016 or 17 used and there basically aren't any, so when this 2018 popped up down in Utah (on clearance) I had to jump on it (even though it's 800 mi. away, ugh.
We've been in love with this open design (that opens up to "your" side of the campsite (at least most of the time)) and my wife loves a real closet and I can stand up in the bedroom which is nice too. I think Jayco is about as good as you can get in this business and with regular maintenance should outlast us.
vrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 PM   #62

It’ll reach. No additional bed wiring is needed. The original trailer wiring is long enough to reach over the tailgate.
dreopell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #63

Not sure how it will dangle but my 7 way would rub on the tailgate. (Not a 321 RST) Nice thing about the in bed plug is it's not outside rubbing on the tailgate. Might need a clip or something to keep it off the tailgate.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreopell View Post
It’ll reach. No additional bed wiring is needed. The original trailer wiring is long enough to reach over the tailgate.
Thanks!!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #65

These sure are nice trailers. Wife and I walked through one at our dealer. She was totally smitten. She's never been smitten with any RV like this. I'd probably try and negotiate it, but I get a little nauseated thinking of the $$ lost on my current unit.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrader View Post
Thanks, I can see it would be neater that way but I also don't to interfere with putting stuff in the back of the truck and the chance it shifts around (like golf clubs, generator, firewood, whatever) and knocks the plug loose. If it's long enough I'll probably just start with it the way it is and sounds like an easy update later.
It's snowing really hard again, and we are at about 14-15 inches: incredible. I feel like we are in Wyoming, yet spring is about 6 weeks away and we are buying campers.
I think Valley is good, I met the son of the owner when I purchased my truck from them and they were good to deal with and have great reviews. I was looking for a 2016 or 17 used and there basically aren't any, so when this 2018 popped up down in Utah (on clearance) I had to jump on it (even though it's 800 mi. away, ugh.
We've been in love with this open design (that opens up to "your" side of the campsite (at least most of the time)) and my wife loves a real closet and I can stand up in the bedroom which is nice too. I think Jayco is about as good as you can get in this business and with regular maintenance should outlast us.

Yes you can try plug in the bumper and later add it back in the bed if you change your mind, what work best for you their is no wrong or right way just whatever meet your need.

So is the one in Utah cheaper or higher than the ones here, the 2018 you should be able to get a good deal on it. We bought the one we have in my signature down in Bend, OR cheaper than the one we seen here so we drove there and pick it up, one thing those when we have to have warranty work done to it we had to drive there to get it done, which was okay for us because it was just a little road trip for us.

I agree Jayco do build some good units better than some but as we know they do have their problem like all of them do. I also was looking on buying a Chevy 3500 truck from them but right now it's not in the budget so maybe one or two years down the road.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
These sure are nice trailers. Wife and I walked through one at our dealer. She was totally smitten. She's never been smitten with any RV like this. I'd probably try and negotiate it, but I get a little nauseated thinking of the $$ lost on my current unit.

Yep, I know what you mean so try doing this twice we did it's not good and have lost a lot of money but this one we would have this right. I hate every time we take it out thinking how we should of or could of have but this one it all want we are looking for.

I look at some thing like this if you want it (within reason) get it you only live once in life and life is too short. We both are retired and we don't know when we are going to leave the earth, as long as we live we will get money.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #68

Quote:
Yes you can try plug in the bumper and later add it back in the bed if you change your mind, what work best for you their is no wrong or right way just whatever meet your need.

So is the one in Utah cheaper or higher than the ones here, the 2018 you should be able to get a good deal on it. We bought the one we have in my signature down in Bend, OR cheaper than the one we seen here so we drove there and pick it up, one thing those when we have to have warranty work done to it we had to drive there to get it done, which was okay for us because it was just a little road trip for us.

I agree Jayco do build some good units better than some but as we know they do have their problem like all of them do. I also was looking on buying a Chevy 3500 truck from them but right now it's not in the budget so maybe one or two years down the road.
https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetail...-40k-KY1338582
Got this for $40,749, pretty loaded, and added a 2nd AC and rear camera.
FYI, warranty work can be performed by any authorized Jayco dealer.
Yeah I'll just start with the cord as is.
Thanks, we'll probably cross paths this summer in the great PNW at one of the Thousand Trails campground or State.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #69

Quote:
Thanks, we'll probably cross paths this summer in the great PNW at one of the Thousand Trails campground or State.
I assume this is the 321 at the Kaysville dealership? I have a 2017 317RLOK but I was interested in how this model compared and I viewed this one. It is a great trailer and seems like a very good price. Congratulations.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
I assume this is the 321 at the Kaysville dealership? I have a 2017 317RLOK but I was interested in how this model compared and I viewed this one. It is a great trailer and seems like a very good price. Congratulations.
Thanks, as far as I can tell the only difference is the TV is on the left side which allow for the outdoor kitchen. That was also on my list, just decided I'd rather have the entire left side open to look out, but both are very nice. Everything I see for the new 2019s are in the low $50s so I think I got lucky on this one. This will be 4th and FINAL trailer!! (at least that's the plan until life happens (again)).
Old 02-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #71

Quote:

Great, so do you have it or do you need to go and pick it up? I am very happy for you and for anybody that get a new rv.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #72

Quote:
Thanks, as far as I can tell the only difference is the TV is on the left side which allow for the outdoor kitchen. That was also on my list, just decided I'd rather have the entire left side open to look out, but both are very nice. Everything I see for the new 2019s are in the low $50s so I think I got lucky on this one. This will be 4th and FINAL trailer!! (at least that's the plan until life happens (again)).

I will AMEN on this, we had two other and both wasn't the right one for us but this one is prefect for us and we can see many years in this one.

Hopefully we will be able to go and pick it up soon, maybe next week if all of the snow is gone but I will be going out to our 5th wheel tomorrow to start packing things up and taken off my back-up camera etc: we have a queen size mattress that we need to switch.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #73

Quote:
Hey Big1, I'm also snowed in up here in Redmond. I ran across a deal in Utah on one of the few 2018 models left in the country I could not pass up but not sure when I can go get it either, maybe end of the month. Are you purchasing from Valley RV?
Congrats. Which camping world is the Rv at, Draper or kaysville? I live by the one in Draper. If you get down here to buy it and you need anything just shout, 801-232-0617.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #74

@ Ringneks that is very nice, who said there are no nice people around.

Do anyone know anything about dish TV in TV I want to learn about what all I need on pay-as-you go?
Old 02-14-2019, 12:17 AM   #75

Packing things up in our old 5th wheel today just can't wait.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #76

Quote:
@ Ringneks that is very nice, who said there are no nice people around.
Do anyone know anything about dish TV in TV I want to learn about what all I need on pay-as-you go?
Hi Big1, we have Dish in our RV. If you have Dish at home than it will only cost an additional $7.00 for the service. If you don't have Dish at home than their pay-as-you-go plan for 50 channels is $37.99 with no contract. We took that package and added local channels and the News Channel bundle and I think we pay $49.00 per month. We bought an equipment bundle. The Winegard Pathway X2 and two Wally receivers, one for the living room and one for the bedroom. The Winegard Pathway cost more than some of the others but it is capable of picking up both the western & eastern satellites. Since we are going to be traveling on both coasts I decided to go with it. The price on that bundle seems to be higher by about $100 than what I paid the early part of last year. If you ask they will give you a discount. They gave me a $50 discount. Here is a link:

https://www.dishformyrv.com/winegard...le-with-wally/
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #77

Okay, so how do you install both one in the bedroom and the other in the living area? I am new to this, so do you have to have two satellite input to both tv from the outside running to the Dome Dish? I might just go with for one in the living area but if I can get both installs that will be good.

And no I don't have dish at home.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #78

Quote:
Okay, so how do you install both one in the bedroom and the other in the living area? I am new to this, so do you have to have two satellite input to both tv from the outside running to the Dome Dish? I might just go with for one in the living area but if I can get both installs that will be good.

And no I don't have dish at home.
The one in the living room would be considered your main one. You run your coax from the main outlet (there are two) on the satellite dish to the connection labeled "satellite" on the docking station. The bedroom TV and any exterior TV's run off the connection labeled "AUX" on the docking station. So you run a second coax from the second outlet on the dish to the AUX. So you would have a receiver in the living room and one in the bedroom. Doing it this way allows you to watch different stations on each TV. There are others that have just one receiver and use a splitter to supply programing to the bedroom TV..........that's a whole nother story...........electronics is not my best friend
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #79

Okay thank you once I buy them I should be able to see how they go, when I get our new 5th wheel I will look for the input fitting for the satellite, so I should have two one for the living room and the other for the bedroom. I know that the one I have now have those and I figure that the one that we are getting should have it also.

The mean time I am thinking on getting them soon so I can play around with it. Thank you for your time and everything.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #80

Quote:
Okay thank you once I buy them I should be able to see how they go, when I get our new 5th wheel I will look for the input fitting for the satellite, so I should have two one for the living room and the other for the bedroom. I know that the one I have now have those and I figure that the one that we are getting should have it also.

The mean time I am thinking on getting them soon so I can play around with it. Thank you for your time and everything.
Let me know if you need any !
Formerly from Sequim, WA