Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey AKRUEBBE, I for my satellite on this week
Looking good Big1.........nice idea to try it out before heading out.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrehuntr View Post
We did get the sanicon. Had a lot of people tell me they really like it. I’m definetly going to check and recheck all connections before engaging it! Dont want to take a brown shower! Black water under pressure will make you pay attention to detail.
I think of that every time I flip the switch
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluise View Post
Hi all;

Watching all the posts of everyone in their new 321RSTS, so wanted to share as well... We bought in November after the missus found the farmhouse model she was looking for, just days as it was put on the lot at our local dealer. Sales folks didn't even know it was in stock yet (was listed in their inventory online). bought her, and it's our first fifth wheel after owning a Class A for 5 years prior.

We wrapped her for the winter, and she's finally ready for spring adventures! Whew, that was a LOOONG winter staring out of my window at her....

Hope to meet you guys "around the campfire"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by masolbergrv View Post
Our first trip next week to North Georgia

Congrats guys, wow these setup really look good but you guys are killing me I can't get our yet it will be about in May.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by masolbergrv View Post
Our first trip next week to North Georgia

Are you in Aberdeen, WA and going to North Georgia if so that is going to be one long trip?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #165

We love this floorpan as well so ordered one with Farmhouse interior. We had a 28.5 RSTS which we loved but really like the 321 layout, the extra room, especially in the bedroom!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
We love this floorpan as well so ordered one with Farmhouse interior. We had a 28.5 RSTS which we loved but really like the 321 layout, the extra room, especially in the bedroom!

Congrats! You will really love the 321RSTS we do and can't wait to get out camping in it, we look at the Farmhouse interior and we love it but she decided to go with the Traditional interior.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:17 PM   #167

Congrats! I would love for you to do a follow up post once you’ve experienced RVing with 5th wheel vs Class A. Loved to hear your perspective.
Welcome to forum. I’m new too. Hoping to go on our first real RV trip next month. I’m a CPA and camping isn’t an option till tax season is over. Can’t wait to semi-retire and get on the road. So much to see ❤️❤️ I love this country even with all its problems it’s still a great country.
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #168

2017 Eagle 321RSTS kitchen slide heads-up folks
Just going thru issues with the kitchen slide and mobile repair folks. We truly love this trailer layout, how it hauls but... Can't get slide to go in or out completely now! Ugh! Its a swinteck slide system. Bad controller and front side weak motor replaced. No go on the fix. We can inch the slide in or out but it gets racked end to end. Then have to disconnect one motor and run the other to straighten it up. They are thinking the sidewall opening is cut crooked so slide is binding up the motor and shaft. The H channel that runs up the side is flexing on the front motor Entire slide needs to be removed to fix. Mobile techs recommendation... Buy extended warranty. Slide is too heavy for this swinteck system.
Looks like ours is heading back to factory in Middlebury soon as they can see it. All this has to be sorted out Monday the day we are heading home from Florida to the north country. Going to be a royal pain not being able to open and close the kitchen slide.
Ugh!
Wish and hope no one else has these issues

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #169

Wow, that would be a pain in the you know what, I wonder that are all of them made that way. The one I had which was a 2017 Dutchman Denali one of the slide motor mess up I had all kind of problems so they fix it and we still had a problem with it for a while and then the problem stop. So we said that it's time to trade it in but one thing I can say that the manufacturer call me to see that was I still having problems and I told the lady no and if I did I would let them know.

I am sorry that you are having problems with the slide it is a inconvenient, I know my slide went out in the middle of our camping trip. I really hope they take care of you to get this taking care of, please keep us informed.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Looking good Big1.........nice idea to try it out before heading out.

Oh yeah this was brought to my attention to do this so when I hook it up in my 5th wheel I would know where the problem is in the unit.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:34 PM   #171

Dang, I'm SO sorry about your issue. We just bought a 2019 model 317 RLOK which is basically identical to your unit except the fireplace/tv and the 2 recliners are on the opposite side in comparison to your unit. Your problem scares the crap out of me! I'm SO worried about that happening to us in the future. Not convinced or should I say trust Jayco that the slideout with the residential frig is just too heavy for the Schwintec motor/system. We did buy the extended warranty but what the heck, still doesn't compensate for the pain & suffering!!!! Not to mention trouble and lack of ability to use your unit!!!! I sure hope they can fix it and then it STAYS fixed!!!! Keep us posted!
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:36 AM   #172

I have being doing some searching and it seem like it's a LCI (Lippert Components Inc) owns Powergear and Schwintek lines Problem.

This is a post that was posted on one of the rv forum back in 2017.

the main difference in the two 'systems', which seems relatively minor, though important, is the 'floating' rail... rather than the traditional rail being completely attached to the outside of the slide wall, the floating rail is only attached at both ends, leaving the majority of the track to ride away from the slide wall.

what does this do above the standard rail? it gives the builder more latitude if slides are not exactly 'square', which is hard to do, and the floating track can then stay in contact with the drive gear since the slide wall's movement, away from the gear column, does not impact the operation of the mechanism. the original systems had issues when this happened, as the gear would then 'skip' teeth on the track(or better said, the track would not move in correlation with the other slide gears, causing either 'out of sync' slide ENDS, or worse, a slide with 'out of sync' top and bottom gears, leaving one still 'out', while the other was all the way 'in').
In that situation, there is no option other than to remove the gear, re-position the slide, and reinsert the gear, but this is not a do-it-yourself project, as more than likely, the whole slide column must be removed. And, you have not solved the problem, only fixed it temporarily.

The 'triple trax' upgrade, starting with the late-2014 models, like mine, built on/after March 2014, created an additional track and gear to minimize this problem, but it is not fail-proof. Our rear column on our main slide, the lower track, popped and powed several times one day, after 25,000 miles and hundreds of uses with no problems, skipping several teeth on the bottom gear, leaving the slide bottom out about 1 to 1 1/2"s. The typical 're-syncing' operation will not solve this issue, it must be repaired/replaced.

With the newer 'power gear' style tracks, it is the hope of Lippert and all manufacturers that it will solve these 'gear jumping' issues, with the floating rail. It seems to have been an improvement so far.

by the way, the deal with these systems, as far as the replacement of the typical hydraulic slide systems, is both cost, AND, maybe more importantly, the saving of room within the smaller cargo/compartments below the living areas. Hydraulics require much larger systems, and much more room... and can still have their own issues, too, just maybe less often. Other than a simple electronic controller for each slide, there is nothing seen, and no room taken up, with these rail slide systems.

in a perfect world, all slides would be perfectly square from day one, and no movement or leveling of the coach would impact it's function.... in a perfect world.
Thanks. Very well put. Now it sounds like Lippert nor Thor want to help me. The cost to change to the new system is approx. $2500.00. The repair is to place metal pieces inside the slide behind each of the schwintek rails on the slide out and bolt them in. All of the screws on my gear are pulling out. The tracks are moving when the slide moves. It appears the screws are stripping. No bite and the thin metal and fiberglass on the slide is no match for the small self tapping screws. Thor says its a Lippert problem and wont help me because I'm the second and not original owner/purchaser. Lippert says its a Thor issue and its out of warranty from Lippert anyway. At first it all sounded good until the deal/idea fell apart today.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #173

It look like that their is a fix that will cost around $3000.00 so the problem did exits back then but I worry are they still using the Schwintek lines.

Their a whole lot more to this but it is too long for me to post it but do a google search you will find a lot.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:47 AM   #174

More info, Schwintek is used in over 40 brands now they are suppose to have went to a new improved system so the newer ones should have it, hmmm.

Also: https://www.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out
Old 03-25-2019, 06:05 AM   #175

Just a clarification.... Our slideout rails are attached all the way along the rails. Not the floating rail that is attached at each end. I believe this is a stronger better system than the floating rail. Biggest concern... No manual override. If motor or controller fails you are stuck. Replacing a motor can only be done with slide at mid point. Not fully in or out.
The good news is its Monday and I can get the wheels rolling with Jayco. We got the slide in yesterday but it took a bunch of trips in and out of trailer to disconnect rear motor to bring slide back to square in slide out wall hole. Moving to next campsite today on our trip home.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 03-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #176

My North Point has the floating rail on the big kitchen slide. It's called "Slim Rack". So far after a year no problems.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Just a clarification.... Our slideout rails are attached all the way along the rails. Not the floating rail that is attached at each end. I believe this is a stronger better system than the floating rail. Biggest concern... No manual override. If motor or controller fails you are stuck. Replacing a motor can only be done with slide at mid point. Not fully in or out.
The good news is its Monday and I can get the wheels rolling with Jayco. We got the slide in yesterday but it took a bunch of trips in and out of trailer to disconnect rear motor to bring slide back to square in slide out wall hole. Moving to next campsite today on our trip home.

RoadrunnerII

Great, please keep us posted on this it will be good to hear how they take care of you. It's one thing when problems arise and it's another ball game on how they take care of their customers.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
My North Point has the floating rail on the big kitchen slide. It's called "Slim Rack". So far after a year no problems.

Now that I think about it or you brought it to my attention I need to see what kind of track is on my kitchen slide.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:41 PM   #179

Swinteck kitchen slide update

Well it's Monday

Contacted Jayco this morning and again this afternoon. Just heads up on hold 20-30 minutes each time! Be prepared to wait and have the last 8 digits of your VIN number handy. They track by that number. First call was still at starting point campground enjoying the warmth. Second was in transit hands free with the better half providing the read back on VIN. We are on the road home and are rolling towards Middlebury on the way. Mobile rv techs felt that the trailer repair should be done by the factory. I think so as well.
I would like to drop trailer at factory on our way home. Rep is going to talk to factory service see what we can do. Logically us dropping it off is the best move. Not comfortable trying to open slide again in case l cannot get it back in. Still have stuff in pantry, and cupboards that the slide blocks when retracted. Our purchasing dealer is 5 hours in the wrong direction. I can return to Middlebury on less fuel than on the trip to our dealer and back. Less wear and tear on trailer. Will hopefully have some direction from Jayco tomorrow. Hoping they can either fix right away or let us drop and come back in a short timeline and have it fixed.

Fingers and toes crossed

RoadrunnerII
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 PM   #180

Yes, that will be great if you could just drop it off and hopefully they will say yes. Thanks for letting us know, I like to see what they and how they do so if I need them in the future I would know up front what I will be dealing with. I have heard nothing but good with their CS but you know it could be hit and miss on that one.