Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #181

New to the fifth wheel experience. Coming out of a Coleman pop up that we've been in for 20 years!!
Just purchased a Jayco 321 rsts modern farmhouse. Stayed in it just one night. Camping this weekend!!
We, too , plan to keep this one for a very long time!!
Golfertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #182

Congrats and welcome to the forum Golfertoo, can you take some pics of your setup?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Well it's Monday

Contacted Jayco this morning and again this afternoon. Just heads up on hold 20-30 minutes each time! Be prepared to wait and have the last 8 digits of your VIN number handy. They track by that number. First call was still at starting point campground enjoying the warmth. Second was in transit hands free with the better half providing the read back on VIN. We are on the road home and are rolling towards Middlebury on the way. Mobile rv techs felt that the trailer repair should be done by the factory. I think so as well.
I would like to drop trailer at factory on our way home. Rep is going to talk to factory service see what we can do. Logically us dropping it off is the best move. Not comfortable trying to open slide again in case l cannot get it back in. Still have stuff in pantry, and cupboards that the slide blocks when retracted. Our purchasing dealer is 5 hours in the wrong direction. I can return to Middlebury on less fuel than on the trip to our dealer and back. Less wear and tear on trailer. Will hopefully have some direction from Jayco tomorrow. Hoping they can either fix right away or let us drop and come back in a short timeline and have it fixed.

Fingers and toes crossed

RoadrunnerII
So here we are in Middlebury Indiana at Jayco Service at 8:00 am. Greeted in the parking lot by Mark our service contact, The shop foreman, and a senior repair technician. I had asked that they take a look. Yup its binding. H channels are twisting when motors are engaged.
Shop foreman came from lippert, swinteck so knows the system very well.
Informed us that Factory assembly line has changed the 4 re-enforcement plates on inside of the walls from aluminum to steel for the twisting issue. Slide needs recentered in the wall.
So I asked what can we do?
Shop foreman said we are swamped but in 20 seconds talking to the senior tech had pulled a tech off another longer time span job and committed up to 2 days to repair if we can leave the trailer on the spot. Still had fridge and freezer running and our stuff inside. No problem they plug the trailer into power in the service bay. No brainer for us unhooked and toured the area for the day. 2:30 pm Mark contacts us Trailer is done!

Now folks that is what I call outstanding service after the sale. All warranty coverage.
This is our 4th Jayco since 2012.
I still feel they are better than any other rv maker. This experience just re-enforced that belief. We truly love this size and floorplan. Happy to have it fixed right!
Yes I filled out the after service survey and gave them top marks. Mailed it tonight.
A happy and satisfied customer

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #184

Wow, this is very good news, I am so so glad that it work out okay and this is what I wanted to hear. I know that any RV can goes belly up or have issue but when CS setup and do what's right I am glad.

We can't wait ourself to take ours out for the first time, I bought two receivers for my satellite dish and can't wait to go out in May to setup and do nothing.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:31 AM   #185

So happy things turned out ok. Just curious did they say when they changed up the factory assembly line and now use steel. Our model is a 2019 317 RLOK which is mirror image of your model. So you can imagine my concern that our model will have same issue. Thanks for sharing on the forum and please keep us updated on how things are working out after several camping trips. It always comes down to finding the right diagnosis and person who knows how to fix it right. I’m so happy for you. I can’t imagined how stressed I’d be as to me this was a big deal!!!
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
So happy things turned out ok. Just curious did they say when they changed up the factory assembly line and now use steel. Our model is a 2019 317 RLOK which is mirror image of your model. So you can imagine my concern that our model will have same issue. Thanks for sharing on the forum and please keep us updated on how things are working out after several camping trips. It always comes down to finding the right diagnosis and person who knows how to fix it right. I’m so happy for you. I can’t imagined how stressed I’d be as to me this was a big deal!!!

AMEN! It will be very stressful you know we spend all of this money and for it to break in any way is not good but I'm glad that they step up to the plate, we will keep up on this for sure. I want to say that our unit is safe but I know this is wishful thinking.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
They just said the assembly line had changed to steel. They did not say when. Go inside your trailer magnet in hand with swinteck slide pulled in. The aluminum plates where painted white in mine. Steel have the inside wallpaper stuck on them but a magnet will stick to the steel.
Also if you have the Norcold gas electric fridge you should carry a magnet anyway.
If the runaway safety device gets damp (like from a blowing rain or washing trailer) it trips Gives you the NiOp error. You need a magnet to reset it. Don't ask how I know!

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #188

To any of you towing this rig with a GM 2500/3500 standard bed, do you need a sliding hitch? I was able to tow my 28.5 RSTS with the same truck using a non-sliding hitch so am wondering if I will need a new hitch?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #189

I tow it with a 2014 Chevy 2500 and a B&W Companion non slider. No problems so far.
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #190

I pull with a 2015 GMC 2500 with a 6 1/2 foot bed. I have a slider but have never had to use it. I believe it is better to have it on any short bed just in case.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #191

I pull it with a 2018 GMC 2500 standard bed and have a Pullrite Superglide. It works really well, as to whether its needed or not is hard to say. I suppose it depends on where you go and how careful you are. I just want the peace of mind.
masolbergrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #192

I went with pullrite superglide as well in our SB Ram. Not sure if We will ever need to turn that sharp but if we need to. I won’t need to manually slide the hitch. My biggest concerns are getting fuel. We pull with a gasser. So I know we are going to end up in a tight situation at some point.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #193

We are towing with a f250sb crew cab. Did not even think about anything but a slider. Live at top of a hill on a rural gravel road. My driveway is plenty wide but the road is not. I end up occasionally doing a full 90* jackknife when the road shoulders are soft in spring and fall and know its hard on the trailer suspension but I don't worry about a cab impact!

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 04-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #194

I have a ram 2500 and I have the B&W Companion Slider Hitch I only use it a few times backing up into my storage space but I really didn't need it I was try it out, all in all I like the hitch it is a very solid hitch.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #195

Oh yeah I am getting close on taking it out now and when I do I will post up pics.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #196

I second the biggest concern being gas stations, once you get off the highways.
masolbergrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #197

Thanks for all the replies about the hitches!

Yes, you need to be pretty selective with gas stations. The only issue I had with the gasser was the frequent gas stops on long trips, getting 6-8 mpg. Otherwise, it pulled our 28.5 fine!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by masolbergrv View Post
I second the biggest concern being gas stations, once you get off the highways.

Yes you're right because when I had my 6.4L Hemi going to Vegas the wife and I when we got off the highway to get gas we both look at each has station from a car to make sure we can get in and get out easy but we every times was able to do well.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
Thanks for all the replies about the hitches!

Yes, you need to be pretty selective with gas stations. The only issue I had with the gasser was the frequent gas stops on long trips, getting 6-8 mpg. Otherwise, it pulled our 28.5 fine!
I agree you have to be selective, one thing that will build frustration is when you get in trying to get out but is having a hard time and other cars can see you trying to get out but they still up on your tail end, and then you start cussing at the wife, cussing at the dog, your cat and on and on, not good for a good camping trip. I guess that before you go that you have to keep calm and repeat over and over that I am not going to cuss, Lol.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #200

Quick question, does the shower head come with a quick shut-off to save water??
vrader is offline   Reply With Quote