Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #341

I would love to see some pictures of the places you are referring to.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #342

Buying an Eagle 321RSTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Get some silicone slide lubricant. Spray on a rag and Rub down the outside wiper then pull it out and wipe the inner wiper.
Also there are 4 bearing blocks, 2 front 2 rear. They are directly below the upper tracks and directly above the lower tracks. You can get at them from the outside. They are inboard of the two rubber wiper seals. Lube them with a silicone dry lube using an airasol can with extension tube. Kink the end down.
On the dinette slide do the rubber wipers the same. Same for bedroom but that is off a ladder.
Dinnette slide use a good dry lube and spray down the u-tubes under it.
Mine got rust in it and sand grit. Squealed metal on metal badly. Two cans of dry lube and had to do it from under trailer to finally take the squeal out. Basically I washed the rust and grit out. Just inside the frame on both tubes are gear rollers. You can squirt them thru the frame. I sealed up the frame around the tubes hoping to keep the grit out. They use sand and salt on roads during the winter and probably got it on delivery to our dealer.
Also take a tube of silicone and seal between floor and top of ibeam frame at the tandems. Then gorilla tape the seam. Water sprays up on polytarp over I-beam and down on top side of coroplast water will puddle on it and wick into the insulation batts under fresh water tank and rear kitchen gray tank. It does not dry out on its own.
I sealed up the whole underbelly from front to back hoping to keep water out. I also added more insulation as I had the coroplast down. Not a fun job.

RoadrunnerII

That is great info. Thank you. I’ll make this my to do list.

Forgot to mention one scare I had today. I passed a sign that said it had some type of scanner that would check for a high/tall load and if it flashed you needed to exit. No flash so I press on. Then I come to the bridge with a height of 13’ 6” listed. No where to go but under. Apparently either my trailer is less than advertised or the bridge was more.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #343

Roadrunner, if you are able, can you please post pics of the areas you discussed?

Fyrehuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrehuntr View Post
Roadrunner, if you are able, can you please post pics of the areas you discussed?
Will try and snap some pics this week. First outing is coming up since the extra insulation, seal up, lube job completion. Hoping the extra insulation helps with the A/C
The sealing will be a trial by water after driving in a rain sometime. The lube I know is working slides are all nice and quiet when running in or out.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:29 PM   #345

Quote:
Get some silicone slide lubricant. Spray on a rag and Rub down the outside wiper then pull it out and wipe the inner wiper.
Also there are 4 bearing blocks, 2 front 2 rear. They are directly below the upper tracks and directly above the lower tracks. You can get at them from the outside. They are inboard of the two rubber wiper seals. Lube them with a silicone dry lube using an airasol can with extension tube. Kink the end down.
On the dinette slide do the rubber wipers the same. Same for bedroom but that is off a ladder.
Dinnette slide use a good dry lube and spray down the u-tubes under it.
Mine got rust in it and sand grit. Squealed metal on metal badly. Two cans of dry lube and had to do it from under trailer to finally take the squeal out. Basically I washed the rust and grit out. Just inside the frame on both tubes are gear rollers. You can squirt them thru the frame. I sealed up the frame around the tubes hoping to keep the grit out. They use sand and salt on roads during the winter and probably got it on delivery to our dealer.
Also take a tube of silicone and seal between floor and top of ibeam frame at the tandems. Then gorilla tape the seam. Water sprays up on polytarp over I-beam and down on top side of coroplast water will puddle on it and wick into the insulation batts under fresh water tank and rear kitchen gray tank. It does not dry out on its own.
I sealed up the whole underbelly from front to back hoping to keep water out. I also added more insulation as I had the coroplast down. Not a fun job.

RoadrunnerII

This is what I did to my last fiver but I haven't done it to my new one but I need to buy some more cans.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #346

Quote:
Will try and snap some pics this week. First outing is coming up since the extra insulation, seal up, lube job completion. Hoping the extra insulation helps with the A/C
The sealing will be a trial by water after driving in a rain sometime. The lube I know is working slides are all nice and quiet when running in or out.

RoadrunnerII

Pics will be great.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:33 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
That is great info. Thank you. I’ll make this my to do list.

Forgot to mention one scare I had today. I passed a sign that said it had some type of scanner that would check for a high/tall load and if it flashed you needed to exit. No flash so I press on. Then I come to the bridge with a height of 13’ 6” listed. No where to go but under. Apparently either my trailer is less than advertised or the bridge was more.

So now it might be a good ideal to measure your fiver, I think that I need to do that also on the next time I go out to my fiver.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #348

Just got back from our trip. Trying to recount what didn’t seem right and what I learned from this trip.

1) forgot to sweep the steps before folding them up into the trailer. Sand and rocks everywhere.

2) Need to figure a way to better secure the pantry shelves. Found a couple of them on the floor when I got home.

3) little bumpers on the bathroom countertop for the pocket door to hit, don’t line up with the pocket door. I’ll make something up myself for that.

4) kitchen slide is kind of squeaky both coming and going. I’ll lube it per the videos and the post above.

5) dinette slide was kind of jerky. I did lube that. Smooth now.

6) need to figure a way to get the tv to send sound to the sound bar when using the antenna or Chromcast. Tv has lots of inputs, but no audio going out to the Furion setup.

7) need a bigger disk for the kingpin or figure out what I’m doing wrong. This morryde pin box is really scraping up my hitch.

8) Need get some gap sealant stuff and fill in one spot on the underside.

That’s it. Everything worked. No leaks, no breaks. Towed well although I can’t say I don’t even know it’s back there. It’s there.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
Old 07-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #349

Quote:

RoadrunnerII
Roadrunner, is this similar to what you did?

https://youtu.be/8KbVRFMo1Rg

Old 07-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #350

Quote:
Roadrunner, is this similar to what you did?

https://youtu.be/8KbVRFMo1Rg
Yes on the kitchen slide and bedroom slide

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 07-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #351

TxLosrer, a couple comments regarding your list.

2. We didn’t have issues with the pantry shelves falling out but everything on the shelves seemed to end up on the floor. I pulled those shelves and replaced them with longer shelves that I permanently mounted. Worked great on our last trip.

3. My bumpers on the bathroom sink were in the wrong spot too but you can carefully peel them off and move/reuse them so the line up with the door. The door still hits the frame when trying to close it so some further adjustments/mods are needed but at least it hits the bumpers when closed now.

4. My kitchen slide worked great on the first two trips but started squealing badly during the last trip. Looks like I will need to get in there and lube things too.

6. I replaced the sound bar with a Vizio 2.1 system and have it connected directly to the output of the TV. We use an Apple TV and separate DVD player connected to the TV inputs via hdmi and the audio from those devices just passes through to the sound bar. I put the wireless sub behind the TV. Sounds great now.

I don’t mind fixing/modding small things and making improvements. Overall, we are very happy with our rig!

Happy camping!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Just got back from our trip. Trying to recount what didn’t seem right and what I learned from this trip.

1) forgot to sweep the steps before folding them up into the trailer. Sand and rocks everywhere.

2) Need to figure a way to better secure the pantry shelves. Found a couple of them on the floor when I got home.

3) little bumpers on the bathroom countertop for the pocket door to hit, don’t line up with the pocket door. I’ll make something up myself for that.

4) kitchen slide is kind of squeaky both coming and going. I’ll lube it per the videos and the post above.

5) dinette slide was kind of jerky. I did lube that. Smooth now.

6) need to figure a way to get the tv to send sound to the sound bar when using the antenna or Chromcast. Tv has lots of inputs, but no audio going out to the Furion setup.

7) need a bigger disk for the kingpin or figure out what I’m doing wrong. This morryde pin box is really scraping up my hitch.

8) Need get some gap sealant stuff and fill in one spot on the underside.

That’s it. Everything worked. No leaks, no breaks. Towed well although I can’t say I don’t even know it’s back there. It’s there.

A lot of good info here, we put ours stuff and food in bends and put them on the selves.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
TxLosrer, a couple comments regarding your list.

2. We didn’t have issues with the pantry shelves falling out but everything on the shelves seemed to end up on the floor. I pulled those shelves and replaced them with longer shelves that I permanently mounted. Worked great on our last trip.

3. My bumpers on the bathroom sink were in the wrong spot too but you can carefully peel them off and move/reuse them so the line up with the door. The door still hits the frame when trying to close it so some further adjustments/mods are needed but at least it hits the bumpers when closed now.

4. My kitchen slide worked great on the first two trips but started squealing badly during the last trip. Looks like I will need to get in there and lube things too.

6. I replaced the sound bar with a Vizio 2.1 system and have it connected directly to the output of the TV. We use an Apple TV and separate DVD player connected to the TV inputs via hdmi and the audio from those devices just passes through to the sound bar. I put the wireless sub behind the TV. Sounds great now.

I don’t mind fixing/modding small things and making improvements. Overall, we are very happy with our rig!

Happy camping!

I’ve got a Sony 2.1 system sitting around. I may need to just install that and my small blue ray player. Just forget the Furion stuff. The shelves I’ll have to work on as well or bins as Big mentioned.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
Old 07-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #354

Installed the Sony 2.1 System and Blue-ray today. Had to carefully drill into the Sony sound-bar to make It fit the existing bracket. The wireless sub fits snug behind the theatre seats. This 10 year old system sounds worlds better than the Furrion. Thanks for the suggestion.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
Old 07-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #355

Quote:

RoadrunnerII
Here are a few pics.
I also made up a rubber gasket for around the u tubes on dinette slide. Hope the pics and the video posted will help.
The extra insulation and sealing up the underside is helping the A/C today. It's currently 77*F today and with single 15k A/C it is keeping up and cycling on and off. Will see how it does on a hotter day.
I also put dampered heat registers in the floor furnace ducts to stop cold from dropping out.

RoadrunnerII Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_183138.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	51829Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_183549.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	51830Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_183318.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	51831Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_183204.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	51832

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 07-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #356

Awesome, thank you for the pics now I need to get out and do mines I have been so busy lately but the only saving grace is we not going out until the first of September, bummer.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #357

Quote:
I also put dampered heat registers in the floor furnace ducts to stop cold from dropping out.RoadrunnerII
I really like your mod, so I unscrewed one of the registers to get the size. Glad I did because they only had foil tape on one long side keeping the air from going between the duct and flooring. The other side I could slide my finger between the duct and the bottom of the flooring!! Real "craftsmanship"
Worth pulling all the registers to inspect for that.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #358

Thanks Roadrunner.....great ideas!

Old 07-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #359

Quote:
Thanks Roadrunner.....great ideas!
No problem! I have now done most of the mods I wanted or found we needed. Will see if we need second A/C unit. I have already done the 5 inch vinyl post tube for sewer hose, the nylon nipple, stains hose to valve on hot water tank drain, back up lights, eternabond on all roof openings, re did the trim under 5th as it was not screwed in to the wood. Insulated the front bubble now these last things. I tied the one control router into my personal router as well. Wet bolts on suspension.
I think I am close to done.
Yup I have been busy!

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 07-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #360

Quote:
No problem! I have now done most of the mods I wanted or found we needed. Will see if we need second A/C unit. I have already done the 5 inch vinyl post tube for sewer hose, the nylon nipple, stains hose to valve on hot water tank drain, back up lights, eternabond on all roof openings, re did the trim under 5th as it was not screwed in to the wood. Insulated the front bubble now these last things. I tied the one control router into my personal router as well. Wet bolts on suspension.
I think I am close to done.
Yup I have been busy!

RoadrunnerII
You need to go camping, sit back 🍻, and enjoy all the hard work you have put in. But, if you’re like me, that will last until you see something else you want to tinker with!

I’m curious, what did tying in the One Control router to your router do for you?