Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #1

buzzing sound in electic panel

I have a 2016 Jayco eagle HT 26.5 BHS. We have noticed when plugged in when lights are turned on there is a loud high pitched humming that comes from the electric panel. I am just trying to figure out what the piece is we need to replace and where I can get that info...any help would be greatly appreciated.
skichikk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:41 AM   #2

It is likely coming from the converter which provides the 12v power when plugged in. Some converters are noisier than others, some are quiet but become noisy with LED lights and sometimes with other 12v items that are turned on (actually any lights, just that some converters are quiet with incandescent lights and noisy with LED lights). Generally speaking, there is nothing to worry about. I say generally as there is a fan that could go out with time, maybe making a noise, or perhaps other one-off situations, but overall a little bit of buzz (or high pitch whine) is common. ~CA
Old 03-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #3

Its pretty loud and gotten louder over time which makes me believe something needs replacing.
skichikk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:26 AM   #4

I would suggest to turn off and on the converter, mine has a breaker for that. If the sound stops when the converter is off then you know that is the source of the sound. Converters are replaceable. You may want first want to make sure that there is not a heavier load on the converter than there should be, such as what could occur with a bad battery or something else pulling a high load. ~CA
Old 03-28-2022, 11:33 AM   #5

Here is a thread you can read and a few links in it regarding converters you could replace it with as well as a post from Rustic Eagle regarding other threads that are similar. I would read through them in order to get a better idea of your options. ~CA

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-92292.html