Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #21

Pretty sure I don't spend as much time thinking about the non-issue, as others who have never used one spend spreading rumors about it
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Pretty sure I don't spend as much time thinking about the non-issue, as others who have never used one spend spreading rumors about it

I don't know about rumors there Madmax, but i certainly can tell you about real life failures, most of which have been posted right here on Jayco Owners Forum. Those failures aren't rumors, those are facts.. I certainly wouldn't label them as a 'non-issue'.. Be Safe my friend.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #23

I drive a Motorhome, so hitch problem solved………
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
I don't know about rumors there Madmax, but i certainly can tell you about real life failures, most of which have been posted right here on Jayco Owners Forum. Those failures aren't rumors, those are facts.. I certainly wouldn't label them as a 'non-issue'.. Be Safe my friend.
I think you have been asked repeatedly for something other than here say, opinion or what you read or heard. Never a single photo produced. I have seen a total of 2, "failures" in pictures, ever on the Internet. Both weren't really failures.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #25

Quote:
I think you have been asked repeatedly for something other than here say, opinion or what you read or heard. Never a single photo produced. I have seen a total of 2, "failures" in pictures, ever on the Internet. Both weren't really failures.
I've posted several articles related to failures, right here on Jayco Owners Forum.. If you want to see them, work for it!. I'm not going to spoon feed you. You'll just continue to deny they don't exist. I think they call that remorse or denial. Stay Safe my friend.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:19 PM   #26

Quote:
I've posted several articles related to failures, right here on Jayco Owners Forum.. If you want to see them, work for it!. I'm not going to spoon feed you. You'll just continue to deny they don't exist. I think they call that remorse or denial. Stay Safe my friend.
LOL and the trend continues...
Old 10-26-2021, 04:32 PM   #27

Quote:
LOL and the trend continues...
Yes it will.. Now pay attention, i'll be posting more AUH failure articles in the future as i see them on other forums. Would you like me to send you a personal IM to remind you they got posted?? I'd be happy to oblige.. Stay Safe.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #28

Quote:
I'm sure you "Plane' experts understand the rigorous inspections and maintenance required to keep those planes safe in the air. I'm just curious, do you put that much effort with your beer can hitch? I bet you never even thought about it. You should. Be safe.
I guess if you don't like an Andersen hitch, its your business...but why waste your time bashing them? Saying all aluminum is the same is like saying all steel is the same...its a stupid comment. Unless you happen to have a degree in metal sciences I really don't believe you can speak about the strengths and weakness of various metals.
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensue View Post
I guess if you don't like an Andersen hitch, its your business...but why waste your time bashing them? Saying all aluminum is the same is like saying all steel is the same...its a stupid comment. Unless you happen to have a degree in metal sciences I really don't believe you can speak about the strengths and weakness of various metals.

i do have a structural engineering degree. If you have followed the negative aspects of the AUH (the material it is made of) and the reported failures, you just might give it a second thought. It is pretty much common knowledge that aluminum is a soft metal and can be compromised much easier than steel. It really does not require any special degree to understand the differences between the two metals. Amazes me that people compare a AUH to an airplane structure made of the same material. if they understood anything about structure design, they would understand an airframe structure is composed of many many fail safe safety features in their design. When you look at an AUH, you quickly realize, there is no fail safe features in that design. When one component of of that system fails or is compromised, such as a single down tube, the entire system fails. The same would hold true if this AUH was made of steel, but understand, it would take a much greater form of energy to cause a failure or a compromise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against aluminum structures, i just don't believe the concept in this particular system, nor would I trust it for the safety of myself, family or general public. One single ding in any one of the down tubes will cause a compromise and it's even been reported so. The last thing most people are going to be worried about is how they stow things in their back of their trucks.. Sorry, but the variables are far greater for failure than that of good Iron system.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #30

Quote:
i do have a structural engineering degree. If you have followed the negative aspects of the AUH (the material it is made of) and the reported failures, you just might give it a second thought. It is pretty much common knowledge that aluminum is a soft metal and can be compromised much easier than steel. It really does not require any special degree to understand the differences between the two metals. Amazes me that people compare a AUH to an airplane structure made of the same material. if they understood anything about structure design, they would understand an airframe structure is composed of many many fail safe safety features in their design. When you look at an AUH, you quickly realize, there is no fail safe features in that design. When one component of of that system fails or is compromised, such as a single down tube, the entire system fails. The same would hold true if this AUH was made of steel, but understand, it would take a much greater form of energy to cause a failure or a compromise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against aluminum structures, i just don't believe the concept in this particular system, nor would I trust it for the safety of myself, family or general public. One single ding in any one of the down tubes will cause a compromise and it's even been reported so. The last thing most people are going to be worried about is how they stow things in their back of their trucks.. Sorry, but the variables are far greater for failure than that of good Iron system.
And still, you choose to inject your opinion in threads that have zero to do with your opinion.

The OP has one, he didn't ask your opinion about the structural integrity. He asked about clearance.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:54 PM   #31

Quote:
And still, you choose to inject your opinion in threads that have zero to do with your opinion.

The OP has one, he didn't ask your opinion about the structural integrity. He asked about clearance.
Your attention span is pretty short their madmax. Go back and realize I responded to a comment…. Hash tag matches….
Old 10-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #32
Site Team

Moderator Note

This thread has gone off topic, and become argumentative. The OP asked a specific question which deserves a proper and civil answer.

A continuation of off topic posts will result in its closure.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Completely unnecessary.

Lol, funny.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:52 AM   #34

Hi PaulCal, I had a very similar set up 30.5MLOK HT and F250 6.75 bed using the AUH, cup facing toward the cab of the truck. Now pulling a Eagle 321RSTS with it this way.
I have never had a clearance issue, and when testing could get to approx 75-80°, before I got too close to the bed rails, not the cab. You definitely want to pay attention when cutting sharp but I never had an issue with this set up!

Hope this helps!

Happy camping!
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote