Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Cable TV issues

Well, we picked up our NP 377RLBH on Friday. Discovered last night that only one (the bedroom TV) of the three TVs finds any cable channels off our RV parks cable feed. I opened up the sidewall and tightened up the splitter connections, but still no joy. Does anyone know if its straight feeds to the TVs or if it splits again between the den and main family room TV? I'm hoping its straight feeds which would lend itself to the theory that the splitter is bad on at least two of the outputs.
Andersen Ultimate 5ver Hitch
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #2

My connections in the docking station weren't correct. Sounds like you have the aux (bedroom) connection. Mine had the sat and aux swapped. Your's may have the cable and aux swapped.

For cable you need the ant booster off.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #3

My splitter was behind the DVD/radio.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
My connections in the docking station weren't correct. Sounds like you have the aux (bedroom) connection. Mine had the sat and aux swapped. Your's may have the cable and aux swapped.

Earl
Thanks for the feedback, I actually tried all three, SAT, CATV, and AUX. CATV was the only one that gave me bedroom channels. SAT and AUX gave me nothing when I tried to tie into them.

I turned the booster off, didn't work, and then tried it with the booster on just to see if something was reversed.

I'll have to pull the radio to see if there's anything behind it. I have a 1:4 splitter behind my water bay and checked the connections there.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I actually tried all three, SAT, CATV, and AUX. CATV was the only one that gave me bedroom channels. SAT and AUX gave me nothing when I tried to tie into them.

I turned the booster off, didn't work, and then tried it with the booster on just to see if something was reversed.

I'll have to pull the radio to see if there's anything behind it. I have a 1:4 splitter behind my water bay and checked the connections there.
This little tool was a timesaver when doing my sattelite install.

Klein Tools VDV Coaxial Explorer Plus Tester-VDV512-058 - The Home Depot

My advice would be to start with the booster on and scan for some over the air channels first. Cable can be finiky with some of the newer digital cable providers. I go to an older campground that has some known issues with certain tv tuners and their cable provider.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
This little tool was a timesaver when doing my sattelite install.

Klein Tools VDV Coaxial Explorer Plus Tester-VDV512-058 - The Home Depot

My advice would be to start with the booster on and scan for some over the air channels first. Cable can be finiky with some of the newer digital cable providers. I go to an older campground that has some known issues with certain tv tuners and their cable provider.

Ohh, nice. I may have to pick me up one of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #7

Well, I did some more debugging last night and got everything to work. Pulled out the two radios and tightened up all the connections. @Mopar_Earl, you pegged where another splitter was, behind the infotainment system on my main TV. Some of those CATV connections were a joke and one I had to re-crimp one connection as the cable was falling out of the connector. I'm sure that was part of the issue, but then I also found that the HDMI, CATV, and RCA connections to the main TV were not even connected to the infotainment center and the HDMI was not connected to the TV. Sooo, I pulled the CATV cable through the pass through hole to the TV and SAT/AUX box in the adjacent opening, connected it to TV and boom, the auto seek found the cable channels. Then with much gnashing of teeth, I was able to reach my fat hand and arm around the TV to blindly plug in the HDMI cable as well as plug in the other side of the HDMI cable (still had the plastic protective cover on it, insert eye roll) to the DVD player and boom, we had DVD functionality (which I had not even tried testing yet as I was focused on CATV). Anyway, I'm sure everyone is glad to know I got this resolved. Just a little frustrating that Jayco missed these kinds of things, but I've been doing this RV thing long enough to know its par for the course.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #8

Congrats on finding the problem. I should probably check mine but we rarely camp where CATV is offered so we always use the antenna

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
Well, we picked up our NP 377RLBH on Friday. Discovered last night that only one (the bedroom TV) of the three TVs finds any cable channels off our RV parks cable feed. I opened up the sidewall and tightened up the splitter connections, but still no joy. Does anyone know if its straight feeds to the TVs or if it splits again between the den and main family room TV? I'm hoping its straight feeds which would lend itself to the theory that the splitter is bad on at least two of the outputs.

Did you find your signal booster? Maybe that needs to me on.

Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post

Earl

I had the same problem. What’s with quality assurance???

Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #11

It’s crazy that we all had the same problem. Maybe inspect the work being done before it leaves the floor?