Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #1

Center jacks on LCI Ground Control 3.0

Hello all. Can anyone tell me on the LCI Ground Control 3.0 six point leveling jacks, if we're staying hitched up overnight, can I just put down the center jacks? I couldn't see that I could on the control panel or the phone app. I just wanted to stabilize the 5'er a little, had to put down the landing gear a little instead. Can anyone help?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Hello all. Can anyone tell me on the LCI Ground Control 3.0 six point leveling jacks, if we're staying hitched up overnight, can I just put down the center jacks? I couldn't see that I could on the control panel or the phone app. I just wanted to stabilize the 5'er a little, had to put down the landing gear a little instead. Can anyone help?
Not an expert, but I don't think you can put down the center (stabilizer) jacks separately.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #3

On second thought, why not just put down the rear jacks for stability which can be done on your app.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-20-2019, 04:44 AM   #4

I don't think you can. I can lower my center jacks under certain conditions manually though. I think it is when I have a error showing. A while ago I downloaded a LCI 3.0 manual I found online and it is good to have on hand. It is difficult to remember everything unless you use the leveling jacks everyday. My truck is in the shop so I can't look it up right now. Try going here, https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...ntrol-3-0.html

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #5

I have looked into this and no, you cannot put down the center jacks independently. We don't move around too much but on several tries we have hit the "out-of-stroke" error and the center jacks don't go down.

We check with a carpenter's level on the kitchen island that we are square and level and just leave it. This time next week we are going to a local dealer for re-call work and will try it again, messing with the number of leggo blocks, pin adjustment, local breezes, moon phase, Coriolis effect for 39 degrees latitude and so forth to find that secret sauce that the leveling might actually work.

-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #6

My automatic leveling works flawless on hard ground. It's the soft ground that throws the errors. I even tryed wood blocks but they give and throw errors. I might retract and start over. Then I think if I push left and right together the center jacks will extend. Also I think if you push left and rear the left center will go down or right and rear the right center will go down. As long as the unit is fairly level in the end I'm happy with it. With camping you can't always get that ideal lot.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #7

The other people that chimed in are correct. But someone mentioned lowering the rear jacks which would do exactly what you need. One added point. I recently had to “zero out” my 3.0 leveling system because the system was claiming “Success, Your Trailer is Level!” But once inside we realized that we were either off level or the earth was crooked! But you can’t argue with a level. Once I “zero’d” it out with the app on my phone it’s works great every time. I took several reading with a level to make sure it was level side to side and front and rear and once it was level, I selected the “Re-zero” button (it might be called something else) and it remembers those settings when you use the auto leveler. The earth is no longer crooked. LOL!
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
The other people that chimed in are correct. But someone mentioned lowering the rear jacks which would do exactly what you need. One added point. I recently had to “zero out” my 3.0 leveling system because the system was claiming “Success, Your Trailer is Level!” But once inside we realized that we were either off level or the earth was crooked! But you can’t argue with a level. Once I “zero’d” it out with the app on my phone it’s works great every time. I took several reading with a level to make sure it was level side to side and front and rear and once it was level, I selected the “Re-zero” button (it might be called something else) and it remembers those settings when you use the auto leveler. The earth is no longer crooked. LOL!
Zero-point calibration, had to do the same thing myself recently, no idea why the thing suddenly lost its bearings.

Also, I have tried every which way, and have not found a way to independently control the middle "stabilizers." By the way, that's what Lippert calls the center jacks, stabilizers, not levelers, for what it's worth.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #9

This is crazy. How can a leveling system be so complicated? I just dropped the landing gear firmly and left it at that. At least the bedroom was stable. Dealer also told me you can't just put the center jacks down. Also suggested just putting down rear. Shouldve leveled completely cuz storm almost blew us away in Arkansas.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #10

Ya u gotta introduce an error to do just center jacks. I manually lower front and rears when staying hooked to get stable and a little more level. They do not want u to mess with centers. I can see someone lifting up FW from just the center, not good.
Between zeroing out and resetting level just to work I get excited when it says Success!!
Just like when my big schwintec kitchen slide opens and closes.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #11

rkymntsno. Yes and No. If your RV is equipped with an OCTP, that is the little wall mounted iPad/screen, then you can MANUALLY lower the center and rear jacks only. The center and rear jacks work in concert with one another. Go to the leveling menu and select MANUAL and select REAR and you can control those jacks together or left side or right side only. Hope this helps, SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
rkymntsno. Yes and No. If your RV is equipped with an OCTP, that is the little wall mounted iPad/screen, then you can MANUALLY lower the center and rear jacks only. The center and rear jacks work in concert with one another. Go to the leveling menu and select MANUAL and select REAR and you can control those jacks together or left side or right side only. Hope this helps, SKIDAWG
I've tried that and never had success. Manually lowering the rear jacks via the touchpad only lowers the rear jacks. Manually raising the rear jacks pulls up the center stablizers, too, but lowering does not bring the stabs down.

Same with the phone app.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
I've tried that and never had success. Manually lowering the rear jacks via the touchpad only lowers the rear jacks. Manually raising the rear jacks pulls up the center stablizers, too, but lowering does not bring the stabs down.

Same with the phone app.
Exactly. I went inside and tried the panel. I didn't have an option for the center jacks. Just like the phone app. So I gave up, just put landing gear down. didn't help much in the rear, lol. Should've just leveled the damn thing to begin with like I wanted to do.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #14

Smile L C I ground control

When we travel and stop for the night, I stay attached, but hit the level button. Don't you want level for the night ??
Not the outside control panel, but the big display in side the fiver should be able to control all manually. I have had to a number of times because I have crashed the system. My most common way is to lower the front of the rv
lower than the rest of her. This will default the system every time.
Then I have to go get intimate with the inside display pad.

Center jacks are for stability only, not leveling, which is why they come down last to stabilize.

2017 37 rsts. 2017 GMC denali, dually, lb, cc.
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by haweinberger View Post
When we travel and stop for the night, I stay attached, but hit the level button. Don't you want level for the night ??
Not the outside control panel, but the big display in side the fiver should be able to control all manually. I have had to a number of times because I have crashed the system. My most common way is to lower the front of the rv
lower than the rest of her. This will default the system every time.
Then I have to go get intimate with the inside display pad.

Center jacks are for stability only, not leveling, which is why they come down last to stabilize.

2017 37 rsts. 2017 GMC denali, dually, lb, cc.
We were level as we pulled in, otherwise I would have just leveled. Hooking up the 5'er is much easier than our old TT. And that's all I was trying to do with the center jacks was to stabilize the rig on the spot. We ended up just putting the front jacks down to the ground to stabilize the bedroom and that pretty much kept things stable.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #16

After many issues with the Ground Control 2.0 in my Pinnacle, I had the center stabilizers wired to a pair of awning switches. Now I have complete control of them.
Curt Q20 Hitch. Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Air bags. Airlift Wireless One compressor.
cgbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
Assuming you are on very level ground to begin with, do you start the zero out procedure with all jacks retracted, then raise the front jacks to level front to back. Then extend the rear jacks to ground contact and adjust one of the front & rear jacks for side to side level. I want to perform this operation but am hesitant...........don't want to "f" things up.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Assuming you are on very level ground to begin with, do you start the zero out procedure with all jacks retracted, then raise the front jacks to level front to back. Then extend the rear jacks to ground contact and adjust one of the front & rear jacks for side to side level. I want to perform this operation but am hesitant...........don't want to "f" things up.
I'm with AKRUEBBE! I don't want to f*** things up, lol. I don't think ours is perfectly level as I see water in the shower tends to move toward the door which is where the drain is which is good. And the mid-bunk door tries to close a little toward the front. And the a/c water drains off the door entrance side front and back. So, no, not perfectly level. I freaked out one time when I hit hitch level and it said error. Wasn't sure if I could clear it or not. Really gun-shy on some of this stuff which is stupid I know. Just that way.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #19

Maybe someone will chime in with detailed instructions. The LCI manual really doesn't go into detail........starting point, etc.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #20

It really doesn’t matter if your on level ground or not to start because you’re going to be manually leveling you unit. I couldn’t figure out how to manually level my unit with the control panel inside, but once you pair your smartphone with your trailer then you can use your phone to manually level the trailer by raising or lowering the front and rear lacks independently. The center jacks are not for leveling only to stabilize after you’ve got your unit level. So, this is what I did. I took a level and placed it on the floor in front of the door and manually leveled it front to back. After I was satisfied, I turned the level 90 degrees so I could level it side to side. It took a few minutes to do this. Incidentally, keep all slide out in while leveling. Once the trailer was perfectly level front to back and side to side I used the “Zero out” feature on my phone. What that does is erase what was in the LCI memory as to what it thinks is level, and resets the memory to your perfectly level RV. So the next time you pull in to a campsite, try to get it close and hit the auto level button on your outside panel and “viola” you won’t have puddles of water in your shower any more, and when you look out the window the earth won’t be crooked! One word of caution. If your site is much lower in the back than in the front, make sure your front landing gear is almost as low as possible. If not, your rear jacks will actually lift your tires off the ground trying to get your trailer level. That’s not a good thing. Hope this helps.
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote