Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
nylyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southeast, NY
Posts: 960
Maybe not, I found the brochure and it clearly shows R7 sidewalls and R9 floor, no Glacier option either.
__________________

__________________
Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rolla Mo.
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
This is not entirely correct, according to Jayco's web site, the Eagle and Pinnacle have 5/8" tongue and groove flooring with R22 in the Pinnacle and R24 in the Eagle (this makes no sense to me) and the Superlite has a laminated sandwich of 3/8" plywood with a couple inches (possibly 3") of styrofoam and luan on the bottom giving an R9 insulation value. If you get the Glacier package on the Superlite you get an extra layer of R15 "reflective foil" in the floor giving the Superlite an R24 value. There is a huge difference in the construction of the Superlite underpinnings.

(Personally I think the "Glacier Package means it gets cold as a glacier inside in cold weather. This I know from experience).
Sounds like you found out more than I could thanks! I was just going on what Jayco told me when I called and asked if there was any differance I also thought they looked like the same frame.
__________________

Amy's Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
This is not entirely correct, according to Jayco's web site, the Eagle and Pinnacle have 5/8" tongue and groove flooring with R22 in the Pinnacle and R24 in the Eagle (this makes no sense to me) and the Superlite has a laminated sandwich of 3/8" plywood with a couple inches (possibly 3") of styrofoam and luan on the bottom giving an R9 insulation value. If you get the Glacier package on the Superlite you get an extra layer of R15 "reflective foil" in the floor giving the Superlite an R24 value. There is a huge difference in the construction of the Superlite underpinnings.

(Personally I think the "Glacier Package means it gets cold as a glacier inside in cold weather. This I know from experience).
According to the Jayco web site the 2012 Super Lite FW uses 5/8" T & G plywood with 2" x 3" joists on 16" centers, just like it's big brothers. The Super Lite HT uses the 3/8" sandwich type floor. My 2010 Super Lite FW has sandwich type construction and according to the web site 2011 also used this type of floor. I guess Jayco found reason to change the construction on the Super Lite Series.
The Way Life Should Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Way Life Should Be View Post
According to the Jayco web site the 2012 Super Lite FW uses 5/8" T & G plywood with 2" x 3" joists on 16" centers, just like it's big brothers. The Super Lite HT uses the 3/8" sandwich type floor. My 2010 Super Lite FW has sandwich type construction and according to the web site 2011 also used this type of floor. I guess Jayco found reason to change the construction on the Super Lite Series.
Well this is copied from the Jayco web site on the SuperLite construction page:

FLOOR CONSTRUCTION

Vacuum-bonded laminated layers: Backed by computer monitoring and constant quality control checks, Jayco prides itself in a solid foundation
Bead-foam insulation: Maintains interior temperatures with an R-9 insulation value
Enclosed and heated underbelly: Increases unit’s aerodynamics while protecting undertanks


As well as having been able to see the floor construction of my trailer, I can tell you that at least the upper floor of the bedroom and bathroom is a sandwich of Luan/Styrofoam/Plywood 3/8" thick. Then the vinyl or carpet and pad.

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
This question came up on the TT forum regarding flooring type in the Eagle Superlite. Perhaps they made a mid year change? https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5919
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Crabman is probably correct, about the mid-year change. Page 9 of the 2012 brochure currently on the web site shows.


FLOOR CONSTRUCTION:
4- A solid foundation: Laminated with welded tubular aluminum frame and 3/8" Weyerhaeuser decking with a total R-value of 10 ( HT )


5- Durable construction: 5/8" tongue and groove plywood with 2" x 3" floor joists on 16" centers with a total R-value of 10 ( SL TT and SL FW )


6- Enclosed and heated underbelly increases units aerodynamics while protecting the undercarriage


I guess the only sure method would be to look at one in stock or get it in writing from the dealer before ordering, if this is important to you.


My brother and I both own 2010 SL FW which are great units. His trailer and mine have the sandwich type floor construction and we each have squeaks in the floors. I do not know if this is characteristic or just our trailers


Dwight
6 more weeks until the first trip
The Way Life Should Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
This question came up on the TT forum regarding flooring type in the Eagle Superlite. Perhaps they made a mid year change? https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5919
Well they did make a lot of mid-year changes maybe this is one of them. We still would have bought an early 2012 due to the interior changes they made that the DW did not like.

Steve
__________________

Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.